• 3,199 posts
  • 303 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by slochar
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Awesome! Black Knight Pinball 1980 machine by Williams. Brand New Playfield!  eBay (resized).jpeg
IMG_0343 (resized).jpeg
20240414_163709 (resized).jpg
IMG_4866 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
20240211_173024 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
100_5044 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240202_022524_Chrome (resized).jpg
SndBd_Conn-2 (resized).png
SndBd_Conn-3 (resized).png
SndBd_Conn-1 (resized).png
BKUpperTroughMetal (resized).jpg
39AEBF82-A933-49F4-BBBB-BC68B30656EE (resized).jpeg
bk_sst.jpg
IMG_9825 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tomass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2054 4 years ago

Just joined the club. Picked up a BK and a FP2 for 500 total. BK looks really nice but needs a BG. Virtually no ink left on it except a faint outline of the title.

#2055 4 years ago

Never actually played BK either, so hoping it is a good player's game.

#2057 4 years ago
Quoted from Tbpilot78:

Its a excellent game,cpr has new bg's for about 300 after shipping and look amazing

Nice. Thanks, because I don't this one is gonna cut it.

20191101_185638 (resized).jpg20191101_185638 (resized).jpg
#2058 4 years ago

Does anyone have a clue to what this wire is for? Orange/white, right where the head attaches. Nothing appears to be cut on any of the harnesses but it is stapled and looks as if it may have been factory.

20191102_064459 (resized).jpg20191102_064459 (resized).jpg
#2060 4 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

To hold the wiring up at the top while the backbox is off during transport? So you don't have to dig the wires off of the bottom of the cabinet.
That's my guess.
~Steveo

That makes sense. Thanks.

#2063 4 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Thomas’s
I searched for an answer to that question several years ago, and as Steve-o suggested, it was to hold the wiring harness in place. Gottlieb would use scrap pieces of wire to tie and hold up the harness. (I think this was covered in RGP group.)
Drove me nuts trying to figure out where the wire was supposed to go until I learned that fact.

Thank you! My main concern was something cut that was supposed to be in the harness. Seems that I am in the clear. I will be messing some more with both these system 7's to see if they boot.

#2065 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

It is... The E.M. games had it too.

I thought it was, mainly due to how it looked. It was stapled and that staple looked to have been in place a very long time.
So between this and a Firepower 2, I only got 1 set of legs. I will post a pic later, as I am curious which machine they belong to. I am not sure if both these game came with the same legs, but it seems that they changed right around this period if I am correct.

#2066 4 years ago

So should this have non ribbed legs like Firepower or the double ribbed legs like the system 11's?

#2069 4 years ago
Quoted from Tbpilot78:

Wow!Thats the worse bg ive ever seen man

Yeah, me too. Can't imagine how it got that bad.

#2074 4 years ago

So I am wondering if anyone has a scan of the BG that I could get a translight printed from? I don't have the cash for a new BG at the moment, so looking for something to hold me over.

#2076 4 years ago
Quoted from Michel_K17:

Hi Tomass,
Probably more than what you want to spend, but you can have my old backglass for $99 plus shipping.
You can view it in ther classified section here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/86821

Ill send you a pm, but shipping to Alaska may be the prohibiting factor.

2 months later
#2104 4 years ago

Posting some pics for Mnbrian of the CPR backglass.

20200119_113505 (resized).jpg20200119_113505 (resized).jpg20200119_113530 (resized).jpg20200119_113530 (resized).jpg20200119_113537 (resized).jpg20200119_113537 (resized).jpg20200119_113544 (resized).jpg20200119_113544 (resized).jpg
9 months later
#2330 3 years ago

Do they still sell these plates? Copper or brass but not sure.

20201025_123903 (resized).jpg20201025_123903 (resized).jpg
9 months later
#2457 2 years ago

Looking for some help with an odd speech issue. Speech works when I use the test button, but not in game. In game when there is speech, it sounds like static and someone whistling over it. Almost like someone whistling at a ballgame.

#2459 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

The whistling is one of the sounds the game can make, it sounds like yours game is playing it at the wrong time. This can happen if one or more of the signals from the CPU board are not making it to the Sound board properly. They leave the CPU board on J8 (right side of the CPU board) and enter the sound board on J3 (left most on the top of the sound board).
Try reseating these to see if that makes a difference. If you haven't already, you should reflow the solder on these header pins (all the pins on these boards for that matter).
If that doesn't help, run the sound test in diagnostics (instructions in the instruction booklet). This test verifies the connection between the CPU and sound board. Pressing the diagnostic button on the sound board itself only verifies the soundboard and ROMS themselves are functioning.

Thank you! This helps a lot. I should be able to track down the issue with this info.

2 months later
#2492 2 years ago

So I sold my BK that was fully working and dialed in to another person, but they are having issues after setting it up. He said on first boot the left flippers locked on and it would not start. Then after trying to diagnose, his ground braid that goes to the wing nut in the back box fell down and hot the main fuse and blew the house breaker. Now it gets nothing but GI lighting. I took the boards back to try to see what happened and it is locked up with a zero and both LEDs locked on the mpu.

Game already had PS rebuilt, sockets replaced, all header pins replaced and the 40 pin interconnect on both boards as well and was fully working after that. I am gonna start through pinwiki or Clay's guides for the boards but the flippers locking on seems very odd to me. I first suspected that he mixed up the white and black connectors but he says he didn't. Has anyone seen anything like this?

#2494 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

The flipper locking on is a clue. BK has no electronics other than the flipper relay in the flipper circuit. It appears he must have swapped some connectors.

Thanks. Thats kinda what I suspected. I did emphasize the black / white connector similarity when he took it. I feel bad though and will try to get this up and running for him. It seems like many of the 74xx series ic's have one or more legs shorted to ground that are part of a gate. Seems like a bad sign. This is probably gonna be a major rebuild. I wish I had a working sys 7 board to compare values of the ic legs.

#2496 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Yep, this is what happens when you swap those 2 connectors. You can't depend on the factory being all black or all white on each, either - I've seen them with every combination. Flippers lock on..... solenoid voltage down the +5 rail IIRC.
Not a cheap repair in terms of time/labor, or if you just replace the boards, money.

Do you suspect I will need to replace every IC at that point? I am guessing Leon's roms won't even help to get started if that kind of voltage went down the 5v side.
Whats also frustrating is that my gq-4x4 doesn't have the rom types listed so I can't test them even. I guess I need to change over to 2716's and 2732's to just get started on this.

#2504 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

You should be able to use a logic probe on the chips to check for activity in/out, sometimes you're lucky and it's only the eproms that get hosed.... but usually not.
2532 can be programmed/read as 2732 with an adapter:
http://www.thegleek.com/bobroberts/mspacrom.html

Thats interesting. I may mod the MPU to take a 2732, but this is something to consider. I have 2732's on the way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tomass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-clubmembers-only?tu=Tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.