• 3,199 posts
  • 303 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by slochar
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Awesome! Black Knight Pinball 1980 machine by Williams. Brand New Playfield!  eBay (resized).jpeg
IMG_0343 (resized).jpeg
20240414_163709 (resized).jpg
IMG_4866 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
20240211_173024 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
100_5044 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240202_022524_Chrome (resized).jpg
SndBd_Conn-2 (resized).png
SndBd_Conn-3 (resized).png
SndBd_Conn-1 (resized).png
BKUpperTroughMetal (resized).jpg
39AEBF82-A933-49F4-BBBB-BC68B30656EE (resized).jpeg
bk_sst.jpg
IMG_9825 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 64.
#251 9 years ago

Ideally, they are level so the ball trajectory isn't affected but after 30 years, that will be unlikely unless the playfield has been restored. The inserts shrink, settle, get cupped or bowed, you name it!

#252 9 years ago

When restored a clear layer goes over everything, but can shrink differently over differently over top of different materials?

#253 9 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

And yes, the Mayfair repro backglass is worth every penny!

Indeed it is. Seemed spendy at the time, then I got it and...WOW!

#254 9 years ago

The new machine arrived today. Looks great and has a fresh Kruzman pf.

Abandoned my project when I found this here in the market.

Needs a little setup after its journey. Looking forward to getting some good playtime in this weekend.

image-86.jpgimage-86.jpg

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

The new machine arrived today. Looks great and has a fresh Kruzman pf.
Abandoned my project when I found this here in the market.
image-86.jpg 105 KB

You should bring it to SFGE next year, we can set ours up together!

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Methinks I have a Power Supply problem
Here is a craptastic one handed cell phone video. When I hit both flippers, the machine resets. Sometimes right away, or, as in this vodeo, after a few flips.
Can someone confirm a power supply issue? It is the original PS board, but the caps were redone a while back.
Any other ideas if not the PS?
» YouTube video
Thanks
Chris

hey chris I had that same exact problem on my bk. the power supply was rebuilt with new caps and diodes according to vids guide for bulletproofing sys 3-7 and I had a new rotterndog mpu installed. anyway it turned out to be the slam tilt switch in the coin door. even tho it wasn't touching it would still reset when I would push the flippers once or twice. I disconnected it completely and have not hAD the problem since. my machine was in a pizza place or a bar before I got it because it smelled like beer and sticky like coke inside the coin door. so maybe the switch was too dirty where the wires connected I don't know . not sure if this helps but thought i'd throw it out there.

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from boydsc331:

hey chris I had that same exact problem on my bk. the power supply was rebuilt with new caps and diodes according to vids guide for bulletproofing sys 3-7 and I had a new rotterndog mpu installed. anyway it turned out to be the slam tilt switch in the coin door. even tho it wasn't touching it would still reset when I would push the flippers once or twice. I disconnected it completely and have not hAD the problem since. my machine was in a pizza place or a bar before I got it because it smelled like beer and sticky like coke inside the coin door. so maybe the switch was too dirty where the wires connected I don't know . not sure if this helps but thought i'd throw it out there.

Good info, thanks! I will still check the diodes, but if those don't do it, that will be a place to look

Thanks!
Chris

#258 9 years ago

Stealing Swampfire's excellent idea, here is another weekend challenge - the BK Club virtual tournament!

You may warm up as much as you like, but you may not decide to post a score after you have finished the game. At some point, say to yourself "this is the one" and then proceed to play and record that score. In other words, you must have pre-decided which score will count - no cherry picking your best "warm-up" score!

If you'd like to post a score photo, please do! This is, of course, all on the honor system and the only prize is bragging rights until we do it again sometime.

I AM THE BLACK KNIGHT! I CHALLENGE YOU!

#259 9 years ago

I decided to go with the first game I played: 930,630. So close to rolling it - I had 2 balls locked and Extra Ball lit on ball 3. Factory settings, so locks don't carry over.

#260 9 years ago

Sweet! Nice one. Yeah, mine will be on factory as well.

I probably should have mentioned - 3 ball games only, so if you are set for 5, take the score after 3. And definitely report your settings!

Dave

#261 9 years ago

Can anyone check the rubber route and size just to the right of the upper left flipper? The ring guide says this should 2", but that is too big, even If I loop the third post in.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#262 9 years ago

Can anyone take a photo of where the "missing" plastic that got repod' goes? I just ordered this and it says between the left ramp and cab, but I'm having a hard time seeing where. Thank you in advance! ~SpOoKy

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

Can anyone take a photo of where the "missing" plastic that got repod' goes? I just ordered this and it says between the left ramp and cab, but I'm having a hard time seeing where. Thank you in advance! ~Spooky

Small vertical section just beyond the screw on the left, in this shot.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#264 9 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

Can anyone check the rubber route and size just to the right of the upper left flipper? The ring guide says this should 2", but that is too big, even If I loop the third post in.

I think maybe the rubber guide is correct, but someone switched the post and light on my game.
Can someone compare? Do you have a rubber directly behind your upper left flipper?

#265 9 years ago

You can see the plastic in place here. Second to last picture.

http://www.siegecraft.us/blackknight4.htm

#266 9 years ago

Thanks Boise_D! Weird place for a plastic indeed. ~Spooks

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

My BK resembles this diagram.

BK Rubber.jpgBK Rubber.jpg

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

image.jpg 227 KB

heres the diagram I used it seemed to work for me
img011.jpgimg011.jpg

#269 9 years ago

OK, virtual tournament score for Dave - 1,005,410. All factory settings. Left an available Extra Ball shot on the table when my last ball of a 3-ball multi went SDTM off the center drop on the lower playfield.

Of course, just prior to that game I had a 1.3 million but I hadn't called it, so it didn't count.

Anyway, still time for the rest of you BK owners to get in on the challenge. What's the worst that can happen? Go fire it up and play some pinball!

#270 9 years ago

Those diagrams are either incorrect or there were some mid-stream design changes. My BK looks like Boise's.

DSCN0978.JPGDSCN0978.JPG

The printed diagram calls out C as 1.25" which seems about right, although its placement is not as represented in the drawing. As you can see, it does not extend to the flipper pivot. Note too that you do want a ring around that post at the left side of the gate. You can just see it in the photo.

Dave

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I decided to go with the first game I played: 930,630. So close to rolling it - I had 2 balls locked and Extra Ball lit on ball 3. Factory settings, so locks don't carry over.

So did anyone beat this? I played another 10-20 games without coming close myself.
Such a brutal but awesome game. I'm so glad I'm hosting our league's year-end tournament; I will definitely be picking BK.

#272 9 years ago

Read up a couple posts swamp Just squeaked one by you... It was touch and go but the last ball was a good one, except for leaving the EB behind.

Dave

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Those diagrams are either incorrect or there were some mid-stream design changes. My BK looks like Boise's.

The printed diagram calls out C as 1.25" which seems about right, although its placement is not as represented in the drawing. As you can see, it does not extend to the flipper pivot. Note too that you do want a ring around that post at the left side of the gate. You can just see it in the photo.
Dave

Thanks Dave,
Nice to know mine is not unique.

How the opposite side of the ramp? Does your rubber ring run behind the upper right flipper, as shown in the ring diagrams? Mine had individual rings.

Tomorrow, after I get a fuse to fix my GI issue, I'll join the virtual tournament going on here.

#274 9 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Dave

DSCN0978.JPG 142 KB

yes you are right now that I look at the diagram closer. I did use the 1 1/2 " ring like it says, but it does not look like the diagram. mine looks like your guys's
20141102_222910.jpg20141102_222910.jpg

#275 9 years ago

So i changed it to 3 ball factory setting, pitch @5deg

BK1.JPGBK1.JPG

#276 9 years ago

I think mine is too steep - I'll try 5 degrees and try again. I always love breaking 1M on BK - "I cannot defeat you, you win."

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from mwsmith:

My BK resembles this diagram.

I must have been too tired last night, was looking at the wrong flipper! Mine looks like the ones in the photos also. That diagram is wrong.

#278 9 years ago

Now compare the diagram for the other flipper up there.

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

Now compare the diagram for the other flipper up there.

ya the chart has the right sizes but the picture is wrong..................................... so whos gonna get out the photoshop and fix it ???

#280 9 years ago

Nice one skywalker! I had a feeling I may have needed that EB I left behind

I'm running only about a half-degree steeper but I like it there.

#281 9 years ago

Can anyone give a chart with the right fuses for a system 7 power board? Is there really a 20 amp, 6.3 vac fuse in F7? 6.3? I just pulled a 250v out of mine, having never checked them before.

#283 9 years ago

Radio shack didn't have a 20 amp 6.3 volt, so I went with a fast blow 20 amp 32 volt. I feared that it would be worse than just the fuse, but it wasn't! My power board, not yet bullet proofed, lives another day. And I have GI lights back. My score is just over 2 million.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#284 9 years ago

Boise,
You actually want to try and use 250 volt fuses rated to the proper amperage and type(slow-blow or fast acting) when ever possible. If RS doesn't have them, try GPE or even many pinball sites carry them.

#285 9 years ago

Anyone help me out on the possible issue, While checking EOS switch adjustments noticed all 4 flipper mechs have no black stop rubbers fitted, Cant find any info around, Is the normal, I guess if fitted this will limited flipper travel

#286 9 years ago

Mine has none, nor did the brand new flipper mechs from Marcos.

#287 9 years ago

Oh, nice score Boise! I have yet to reach that magical number, 1.88 million being my best to date.

#288 9 years ago

So its safe to say these mechs don't use/need them

#289 9 years ago

I've never seen them on a BK

#290 9 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Oh, nice score Boise! I have yet to reach that magical number, 1.88 million being my best to date.

I had 4.8 on there before I tore it apart. Accidentally hit the reset.

#291 9 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

I had 4.8 on there before I tore it apart. Accidentally hit the reset.

pictures or it didn't happen .lol

#292 9 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

My score is just over 2 million.

challenge-accepted.jpgchallenge-accepted.jpg
#293 9 years ago

I'm in. Picked this up from a fellow pinsider. Thanks rythom. Loving it so far.
20141105_173823.jpg20141105_173823.jpg
20141105_161008.jpg20141105_161008.jpg

#294 9 years ago

Took this tonight after BK2K returned home.

Better together

BKBK2K.jpgBKBK2K.jpg

Chris

#295 9 years ago

Nice! Your pin world is perfect now!~SpOoKy

#296 9 years ago
Quoted from boydsc331:

pictures or it didn't happen .lol

Almost. Happy Birthday to me.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#297 9 years ago

I've got a BK that I had all intents to restore, but alas, my business has kept me too busy and it's time to let it go. I have no idea how to value it as it is all in pieces (how I received it to begin with).

Details:

New CPR Playfields
New CPR Plastic set missing one plastic but have the old one
Two working board sets
Refinished cabinet with new back and luan bottom. Average stencil job on cabinet, head needs redone
New Mayfair mirrored Backglass
All the metal parts, side rails, coin door, powdercoated gray sparkle

All the parts are accounted for as far as I can tell, just needs a complete reassembly. The previous owner started populating the playfield, but I would probably start it over myself and clean up the wiring harness a bit.

I hate to part it out and I know I'd get more money if I did, but I'm hoping a BK lover wants to restore it back. Any idea as to what would be a fair price for something like this?

I don't want to ship...any locals feel free to PM me if interested.

#298 9 years ago

My 2.5A slo blow38V solenoid power supply fuse keep blowing. Any ideas? I recently cooked my MPU and possibly driver board by accidentally putting a an overrated fuse in that spot. I've got a new Kohout MPU/Driver/Power boards in as of today.

2.5A normal fuse blows almost immediately during game play. However the solenoid self check sequence runs through without fail. I ran each individual solenoid around 20+ times to see if one was perhaps drawing to much current.

I'm at a bit of a loss at steps to diagnose the issue. I've checked for resistance across the regular solenoids and they all seem fine. Sometimes the flippers will just stop, but no fuse is blown. A reboot and some short game play again pops the 2.5A fuse.

I think it was a 10A fuse that went into the 2.5A position when it cooked the MPU, which leads me to believe something is terribly wrong somewhere under the PF.

Need some guidance guys.

#299 9 years ago

Bad diode across a coil somewhere, allowing the EMF pulse that occurs when the coil shuts off to go back down the wire and pop a fuse? Also, I believe System 7 uses some of the driver board outputs to drive the sound card. Maybe try playing a game with the sound card un-powered or something like that to see if it still happens.

If you were to toss the ball around by hand, and not use the flippers, will it still do it? I'm wondering if it takes more than one coil firing at a time to trigger it, since the sequential solenoid test works well.

Just speculating here - I am by no means an expert...

#300 9 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I've got a BK that I had all intents to restore, but alas, my business has kept me too busy and it's time to let it go. I have no idea how to value it as it is all in pieces (how I received it to begin with).
Details:
New CPR Playfields
New CPR Plastic set missing one plastic but have the old one
Two working board sets
Refinished cabinet with new back and luan bottom. Average stencil job on cabinet, head needs redone
New Mayfair mirrored Backglass
All the metal parts, side rails, coin door, powdercoated gray sparkle
All the parts are accounted for as far as I can tell, just needs a complete reassembly. The previous owner started populating the playfield, but I would probably start it over myself and clean up the wiring harness a bit.
I hate to part it out and I know I'd get more money if I did, but I'm hoping a BK lover wants to restore it back. Any idea as to what would be a fair price for something like this?

I have a similar game, but with the swap completed. Backing out $1000 for the swap labor (which is huge), I'd say you're at around $1800-2200 for the right buyer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 1,059.00
$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

There are 3,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-clubmembers-only/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.