Topic Stats

• 2,174 posts
  • 206 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by ArcadeBar
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 754 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8682 (resized).jpg
IMG_8681 (resized).jpg
yhhfghfgh (resized).jpg
89965394_2610111585872021_4328047808423657472_n (resized).jpg
89865072_3052281384802341_34335944249180160_n (resized).jpg
Sample Boots - Green (resized).jpg
Red LED w and wo boot (resized).jpg
Red boots installed (resized).jpg
Green LED w boot (resized).jpg
Sample Boots (resized).jpg
Blue LED w and wo boot (resized).jpg
20200101_163958 (853x480) (resized).jpg
DSC_0230 - Stencils Front Done (resized).JPG
DSC_0092 - Front Cab (resized).JPG
Left Ramp Guide - Before and After (resized).jpg
IMG_20200226_162148.jpg

There are 2174 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 44.
#2101 3 months ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

Can someone let me know what supports the end of this plastic between the ramps. Some sort of standoff I guess that must have been there when I stripped the pin down.....
Thanks.[quoted image]

Yeah, mine's got a thin metal post/pin. Goes down to the wood. I'm not sure if its actually screwed in or not. Can't get a picture right now, but I'll post one later if no one else pops in sooner.

#2102 3 months ago

It's just one of those metal posts with a wood screw bottom that you find under most plastics. Nothing special.

post (resized).jpg
#2103 3 months ago

I over tightened mine and broke the end which made me think there would be some sort of support for it.

2 weeks later
#2104 81 days ago

Posting some pics for Mnbrian of the CPR backglass.

20200119_113505 (resized).jpg20200119_113530 (resized).jpg20200119_113537 (resized).jpg20200119_113544 (resized).jpg
#2105 81 days ago

Thanks tomass, looks like I will be placing an order with them.

#2106 80 days ago

I just joined the club. I'll be adding some playfield lighting and installing lights under the unlit playfield plastics. I also have to rebuild the slings. Other than that, I was lucky to find a very nice example with a nice playfield, great cabinet, and beautiful backglass.

82763482_2676917022391402_3544923065311821824_o (resized).jpg
#2107 78 days ago

HELP! The reset plate on one of my drop targets just broke off a finger. I looked around and didn't see one at Marco, Pinball Life, etc. Anybody have one, know where I can get one or have ideas on either fixing or fabricating one?

IMG_0031 (resized).JPG
#2108 78 days ago

I think I've used this one before when I was in a similar situation: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-7036

Place the old one on top of the new, trace the fingers, then cut/grind the fingers out.

#2109 78 days ago
Quoted from gutz:

I think I've used this one before when I was in a similar situation: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-7036
Place the old one on top of the new, trace the fingers, then cut/grind the fingers out.

Click on "product compatibility" and it lists Black Knight and Pinbot, so it should be usable as-is.

#2110 78 days ago
Quoted from gutz:

Years ago when mine broke I welded the finger back on with my wire feed welder. I wanted to get it back operating quickly. The weld held up extremely well and I never ended up replacing the reset plate.
~Steveo

#2111 78 days ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Click on "product compatibility" and it lists Black Knight and Pinbot, so it should be usable as-is.

Not a guarantee - Black knight used different drop banks/reset plates during the production run.

#2112 78 days ago

Don't underestimate the Power of JB Weld for something like this.

It will work in a pinch, and maybe forever.

And you could end up in the Worst Hack Ever thread.

#2113 77 days ago

Thanks for all the feedback. Unfortunately I can't find the missing broken finger. I went ahead and ordered the once from Marco and we'll see if they can work or be made to work. I'll report back.

I did find this link with 3D drawings of most everything including all of the parts in the drop target assembly including the reset plate. There is some cool stuff on this site. https://pinballmakers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Files_Section

#2114 77 days ago

I would like a little more power out of my lower flippers. They both have new flipper assemblies from pinballlife. Is there a coil that can be swapped for a little more power. I would rather not do the WPC upgrade.

#2115 77 days ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I would like a little more power out of my lower flippers. They both have new flipper assemblies from pinballlife. Is there a coil that can be swapped for a little more power. I would rather not do the WPC upgrade.

Just pull a few winds off the existing coils, and it'll give you more oomph.

But be careful. Too much strength makes the turnaround feed straight into the left outlane.

-Hans

#2116 77 days ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Just pull a few winds off the existing coils, and it'll give you more oomph.
But be careful. Too much strength makes the turnaround feed straight into the left outlane.
-Hans

I was thinking about doing that, but I haven't done it before. Should I remove a whole row of windings or just a few turns. Any help is appreciated.

#2117 77 days ago

I'd do like 10 at a time, never done it myself, so not sure how many to recommend. I did the WPC mech's with my original coils.
-Hans

#2118 77 days ago

Repin all the connectors in the chain, can often help. Replace cab switches, replace fuse holder, etc. You'd be surprised how strong they can be without any hacks

#2119 76 days ago

Hold on before you make any electrical mods. I just updated my machine with Perfect Play silicon rubber all the way around including the flippers. This is the most amazing improvement I have done to the machine. With original rubbers, I could barely get up the left ramp, most times I wouldn't make it. Now it rockets off of the flippers. The machine is so much faster now. You might give it a try.

- Hans E.

#2120 76 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Repin all the connectors in the chain, can often help. Replace cab switches, replace fuse holder, etc. You'd be surprised how strong they can be without any hacks

Agreed, i had 2 Black Knight's that both benefited greatly by doing new male and female connections for ground at the driver board and for flipper power at the power supply board.

In one case i replaced nearly everything in the chain. (cab switches, eos, coils, driver board connectors) and didn't get anywhere until the new connectors for the flippers power (28v i think?) were installed on the power supply board. That got the flippers not only working, but working nice and strong to boot.

After that i went to my own BK where i always felt the flippers needed a bit more power. I had already rebuilt everything except for the that same connector on the power supply board. Since rebuilding that connector, I've had shots rocket up the left spinner ramp with flippers that were last rebuilt nearly a decade ago.

Worth a look!

#2121 76 days ago

Another thing I've noticed, but never looked into: apparently they changed the way the flippers are wired on Jungle Lord to give the lower flippers more power. There's a note about it in one of the Jungle Lord fliers. It might be worth comparing the schematics and see if that change could be applied to BK

#2122 74 days ago

One of my drop target banks on BK doesn't come back up after being knocked down. I've changed the coil but no luck. The other three drop targets all work fine. Any thoughts?

#2123 74 days ago
Quoted from MultiBallMike:

One of my drop target banks on BK doesn't come back up after being knocked down. I've changed the coil but no luck. The other three drop targets all work fine. Any thoughts?

Does it work in coil test or when the machine restarts?
If not, check the power continuity to the coils.

If so check the 3 switches And make sure they are all working independently.

#2124 73 days ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Does it work in coil test or when the machine restarts?
If not, check the power continuity to the coils.
If so check the 3 switches And make sure they are all working independently.

It does not work when the machine restarts. I will check the continuity.

#2125 73 days ago
Quoted from EilersPark:

Thanks for all the feedback. Unfortunately I can't find the missing broken finger. I went ahead and ordered the once from Marco and we'll see if they can work or be made to work. I'll report back.
I did find this link with 3D drawings of most everything including all of the parts in the drop target assembly including the reset plate. There is some cool stuff on this site. https://pinballmakers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Files_Section

I got my parts in from Marco and I am happy to report that they work fine after a slight mod. I just trimmed the top edge out to form the 3 fingers and it worked like a champ. The fingers on the new one were slightly longer but work just fine.

IMG_0053 (resized).jpgIMG_0054 (resized).jpg
#2126 73 days ago

Audit/adjustment question here.

I'm trying to reset the high score to date (adjustment #13). I already cleared and reset the bookkeeping/audits and I set adjustment 13 to my desired high score to date at 600,000. For some reason no matter what i do i cannot get high score to date any lower than 2,500,000. It always defaults to that initial score until a higher score is achieved. Is this the minimum allowed or am I just missing something obvious here?

Also, will BK retain the top four highest scores and display them in attract mode or only the all time high score to date?

#2127 73 days ago

You don't mention it, but are you pressing the high score reset switch?

Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

Also, will BK retain the top four highest scores and display them in attract mode or only the all time high score to date

Only top score. Keeping multiple high scores wasn't introduced until Laser Cue a few years later sadly.

#2128 73 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You don't mention it, but are you pressing the high score reset switch?

Yes, reset switch was pressed. The high score was reset but down to 2,500,000. There was a high score somewhere in the 3 millions prior.

#2129 72 days ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

Audit/adjustment question here.
I'm trying to reset the high score to date (adjustment #13). I already cleared and reset the bookkeeping/audits and I set adjustment 13 to my desired high score to date at 600,000. For some reason no matter what i do i cannot get high score to date any lower than 2,500,000. It always defaults to that initial score until a higher score is achieved. Is this the minimum allowed or am I just missing something obvious here?
Also, will BK retain the top four highest scores and display them in attract mode or only the all time high score to date?

What do you have settings 14, 15, 16, 17 (replay levels)? Try setting those to 0 (no replay awarded) or something less than 600,000. Then press the high score reset.

#2130 71 days ago

Whew, finally beat my old High Score! I set the GC (2.6mil) like 3 days after I bought it, but before I'd really had a chance to dial in the pitch and levelness just right. And so it didn't feel like a "true" high score. Its been driving me bonkers trying to top it. My closest games being in the 2.2 to 2.3mil range. Then finally I kinda gave up and accepted that I was never gonna beat that score.

Low and behold, I took a 2-week break, came back, and knocked it out on like my third game! I think what really helped was that I was totally relaxed, and not even thinking about getting a high score. I only got one set of drops down before draining on ball 1, and had a short 100k ball 2, so I was like, "Well, definitely no hope of a GC this game!" But I ended up having a spectacular ball 3, earning an EB, and having a really great EB too. Before I took a break, I would start to get really tense every time I had a good ball going, and I think that hurt my play. Whereas this time, I didn't even really look at my score while I was playing, so that helped a lot I think.

IMG_20200129_123155 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2131 60 days ago

Hey all. I don't have my Black Knight anymore and had purchased a custom LED OCD for it but never installed it. I have no other System 7 games at the moment so am selling the LED OCD kit, $135 + $15 shipping:

Archived after 5 days
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Mod - For Sale
New “I ordered this custom from Harold Toler (maker of LED OCD) for my Black Knight in 2016. It was never installed, and Black Knight has moved on. Includes LED OCD board, wiring harn...”
2020-03-22
Seattle, WA
100 (OBO)

2 weeks later
#2132 46 days ago

Likely not the first time somebody did this mod but here's one I did maybe 10 years ago on my Black Knight to prevent fast balls from flying right back out of the upper multiball lock when it is empty, was really annoying. If a ball is flying far enough up above the switch trough, it glances downward off of this bumper. Has worked flawlessly since I put it in. It's a little sloppy looking with just a piece of 1/2" rubber tubing strapped down with multiple layers of packing tape so it can take the impacts, but it's invisible plus the mod can be reversed.

87555370_530147557623151_8319413383916945408_n (resized).jpg
#2133 46 days ago

Here's my Black Knight, bought around '85. The owner had it in his living room by itself and he might have even bought it brand new (can't remember, long ago) but the cabinet hasn't a scratch so I could believe it. I've never had to 'fix' anything save for shopping it, and the usual pf cleanings, rubbers, switch cleaning etc. when needed. Doubt the boards have ever been touched, I ain't laid a finger on 'em. I did add a #44 socket under the plastics above the shooter lane and next to the top right flipper that can be reversed also, just looked like they should be lit to me. I can't believe it's been 35 years!

87511810_2965476023477162_5265014762499997696_n (resized).jpg87795715_2958850764177883_1163254397057105920_n (resized).jpg
#2134 44 days ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

Here's my Black Knight, bought around '85. The owner had it in his living room by itself and he might have even bought it brand new (can't remember, long ago) but the cabinet hasn't a scratch so I could believe it. I've never had to 'fix' anything save for shopping it, and the usual pf cleanings, rubbers, switch cleaning etc. when needed. Doubt the boards have ever been touched, I ain't laid a finger on 'em. I did add a #44 socket under the plastics above the shooter lane and next to the top right flipper that can be reversed also, just looked like they should be lit to me. I can't believe it's been 35 years![quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. Cool story. Although I see yours has the mildly-annoying misaligned stencil on the front of the cab. Sometimes the start button is right in the center of the sword handle, and sometimes it's off to the side. Not sure if it's where they drilled the hole, or if they modified the stencil at some point in the run.

#2135 43 days ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Looks good. Cool story. Although I see yours has the mildly-annoying misaligned stencil on the front of the cab. Sometimes the start button is right in the center of the sword handle, and sometimes it's off to the side. Not sure if it's where they drilled the hole, or if they modified the stencil at some point in the run.

I dunno, mine is positioned just like the one in the flyer (button shifted right vs. the handle) and the graphic is centered horizontally on my cabinet. Assuming the one in the flyer was the original stencil, maybe they changed it later?
I stupidly put the game up for sale years ago and I think the one guy who showed up didn't buy it because the blue inserts were faded to the usual dull purple. Gotta be a rare one where those are still the original bluey-blue-blue.

35008302 (resized).jpg
#2136 43 days ago

Hmm...I'd be curious what the ratio of aligned to not-aligned is. Maybe others could chime in? Here's mine:

IMG_20200219_133259 (resized).jpg
#2137 42 days ago

Hmm. Didn’t know that was a thing. Mines offset.

#2138 42 days ago

Mine's centered....

BK01 (resized).jpg
#2139 42 days ago

So far, 2 offset and 2 aligned!

#2140 42 days ago

Offset!

Edit: transformer in backbox, system 6 power supply board as well

IMG_20200226_162148.jpg

#2141 42 days ago

Mine couldn't be more perfectly aligned in the center. I wonder if it's an early versus late production game thing.

#2142 42 days ago

Yeah, looks like the horse and sword are shifted to the right on the centered ones. On the offset ones, you can actually see the left-hand horse's front-legs fully.

Quoted from jibmums:

Mine couldn't be more perfectly aligned in the center. I wonder if it's an early versus late production game thing.

Could be. Not sure of the manufacture date, but mine is a System 7. Weren't some of the earlier BKs System 6's? Wonder if there's any correlation?

#2143 42 days ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Could be. Not sure of the manufacture date, but mine is a System 7. Weren't some of the earlier BKs System 6's? Wonder if there's any correlation?

System 7 here too. Late production, transformer in the cabinet. Early sys6 BK's had the transformer in the backbox.

BTW, I recreated and reprinted my apron cards awhile back, and made them as exact a match as possible. If anyone would like the PDF file, feel free to PM me.

#2144 42 days ago

Mine is centered, early production/system 6 power supply

#2145 42 days ago

Same here: centered and early system 6 PS.

#2146 42 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Mine is centered, early production/system 6 power supply

Quoted from Michel_K17:

Same here: centered and early system 6 PS.

Well, there goes the late-run vs early-run theory. We're making real scientific progress here! Maybe it just depended on what guy was doing the stenciling that day? Although it seems weird that the stencil guys wouldn't all just align them to the sword. Maybe some of the stencilers were cross-eyed or something?

#2147 42 days ago

Tally stands at 5 centered vs 3 offset. With no apparent correlation to production date.

#2148 42 days ago

Looking at the different cabinets (and mine) I could swear there must have been more than one stencil. On one version each sword handle is centered between the cabinet edge and the coin door (button centered in it), the other they are spread further apart with a much bigger gap between the sword and the coin door. And the red artwork on the horse's face looks different but might just be normal variance? And the black gaps between the horse and the sword seem wide on some, very thin on others, and that's only the yellow so it's not just variance between the positioning of the red and yellow stencils.

#2149 42 days ago

My BK has the offset button, transformer is in the head but it has the System 6 version of the power board, serial #462265.

#2150 42 days ago

offset, system 7

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 899.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 7,599.00
700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lakewood, CA
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 17.00
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Thorndale, PA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7.95
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Noblesville, IN
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Youngsville, NC
$ 117.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2174 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 44.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside