• Topic is favorited by 162 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_063905 (resized).jpg
20240423_060943 (resized).jpg
20240422_060912 (resized).jpg
Awesome! Black Knight Pinball 1980 machine by Williams. Brand New Playfield!  eBay (resized).jpeg
IMG_0343 (resized).jpeg
20240414_163709 (resized).jpg
IMG_4866 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
20240211_173024 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
100_5044 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240202_022524_Chrome (resized).jpg
SndBd_Conn-2 (resized).png
SndBd_Conn-3 (resized).png
SndBd_Conn-1 (resized).png
BKUpperTroughMetal (resized).jpg
There are 3,204 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 65.
#451 8 years ago

Oops, it's not, just looked odd to me at first

Such a cool game!

#452 8 years ago

It is a fun game. Do flipper coils usually get warm during games?

#453 8 years ago

Does anyone have a good scan of the magna save area? I want to make a water slide decal to repair damage on mine.

#454 8 years ago

When you say scan do you just mean a good picture?image.jpgimage.jpg

#455 8 years ago

A high res pic would work. That pic might work but its going to need to be cleaned up quite a bit. Hoping someone has a ready to print file.

#456 8 years ago

Is there a way to turn up just the speech volume?

#457 8 years ago
Quoted from Riptor:

A high res pic would work. That pic might work but its going to need to be cleaned up quite a bit. Hoping someone has a ready to print file.

Don't make your own, there's stickers already made somewhere , try bayareaamusements

#458 8 years ago

Anyone out there tell me what kind of diode has a -87 on it. It goes on one of the drop targets on the upper left side in the front? I need to get a replacement and I don't have the actual value on the diode.

#459 8 years ago

1N4004's are the regular diodes on all the switches.

-Hans

#460 8 years ago
Quoted from Riptor:

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DC-8

dang they're out of stock

#461 8 years ago

Thank you Hans

#462 8 years ago

My Black knight starts with an error, maybe, where you have to turn if off and on a couple times with the door open to get it to start. It also doesn't save high scores and such. Is there a work around for it. Has anyone had that happen?

#463 8 years ago

Are your batteries any good? Sounds like you're not getting 4.5v to the ram chips and losing memory.

Check batteries first...then battery holder for corrosion. Then check for 4.5v with game off at the ram chips...use schematic or follow traces

#465 8 years ago

5101 might be faulty too.

#466 8 years ago
Quoted from Razor:

5101 might be faulty too.

Yes...that's the next step if you confirm 4.5v at them

#467 8 years ago

The battery pack had corrosion so I put a new one one and that fixed it. It's awesome when things start working correctly. Thank you everybody for the advice. There is only one more issue that I've been having. The flippers work correctly but after a lot of games, in a row they stop working. The fuse isn't getting blown and after I shut it off and turn it back on after a little while they start working again. Any ideas would be awesome.
Thank you in advance

#468 8 years ago

All stop working or just one?

If all there is a relay Z1 that allows ground to the flipper buttons...take note of this relays state when flippers are working...it should be closed. When not working gonna bet it's open. There is some circuitry that controls this relay for game over/boot mode. One of those components is failing likely under heat. Get some cold spray and when it fails try spraying the ics associated with that relay.

From clays guide:
Test the 2N4401 transistor Q13 (positioned right next to the relay) with the testing procedures described in the Transistor Testing section of this guide. Also the 7402 chip at IC8, which drives transistor Q13 could be bad. There have even been reports of resistors R27 (4.7k 1/4 watt) and R26 (10k 1/4 watt) being bad, in addition to diode D1 (1N4001). Lastly test the flipper relay itself, as the relay does go bad (the driver board will need to be removed to do this). A 9 volt battery can be used on the relay's coil lugs (the two isolated lugs from the other 12). Use the battery and check if the relay actually pulls its armature in and out (it should click nicely). If a replacement relay is needed, this relay is a 4PDT (4 pole double throw), 40 ohm, 6 volt relay, and a suitable replacement can be found at Mouser.com, part #528-7810-1 (MagneCraft #W78CSX-1, $5.50).

#469 8 years ago

Latest little design, an updated MagnaSave relay board.
Why? Only because I wanted to, knowing very well I spent more than the cost of a relay,
Had fun with it and seeing it work.
MagnaRelay.jpgMagnaRelay.jpg

#470 8 years ago

All of my selonoids seems really weak. The flippers, the slingshots and the kick out holes. I am going to look through the manual and schematics and see if I can find the answer but I was wondering if anybody has had this similar thing happen? Thank you

1 week later
#471 8 years ago

Looking for BK backglass. Repro or original in good shape. Mine is pretty beat up

#472 8 years ago

What size pins are used in the 24 pin molex connector from the playfield? I need to order some. Hack picture included. ThanksDSCN1743.jpgDSCN1743.jpg

#473 8 years ago
Quoted from castlesteve:

Looking for BK backglass. Repro or original in good shape. Mine is pretty beat up

Contact Mayfair Amusements, in Queens NY.
They may still have some left from the 1990's Williams re-run.
Fantastic looking.

-Hans

#474 8 years ago

There's a bk for sale right now on Craig's list in Lubbock tx

#475 8 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

What size pins are used in the 24 pin molex connecto

Pin size will be Molex 0.093" that accept 18-22awg.

#476 8 years ago

My Black Knight started resetting mid game and displaying all 1's on the displays. Has anyone experienced this before?

1 month later
#477 8 years ago

Pop caps (stamped, not stickered) now available,
just ordered one.

ebay.com link: itm

#478 8 years ago

Now that's awesome to see. Even stamped in the middle, which means it'll look even better than original version.

Gets a thumbs up from me, and that's saying a lot considering the very very very very very very bad mood I'm in right now.

-Hans

#479 8 years ago

Here's a question I could not get answered - They are "stamped" yes, but are they "hot stamped" like the originals? I know Classic Arcades had some questionable products in the past, but these look pretty good.

Chris

#480 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I know Classic Arcades had some questionable products in the past, but these look pretty good.

I'll post pics when it arrives.

#481 8 years ago

Video on e-bay shows a hot stamping machine applying artwork. Doesn't look like the outer artwork is deeply melted into the pop bumper like the originals. To be honest, I prefer the newer look better. The originals looked kinda crappy.

-Hans

#482 8 years ago

After watching a few videos I think my bottom flippers are under powered. I cleaned all the switches and made sure the leaf springs were correctly adjusted. I replaced the coil inserts and the flipper mechinisms. My coils are SFL 19/400's. They feel kind of mushy and when I press down on them I can feel them giving a little bit. The top flippers do not give. Are the 19/400's the strongest I can run? Thanks

#483 8 years ago

flippers ain't the best on BK,
i went through this,

with pitch around 6 deg's, If you hit a clean shot can you make the LH top ramp easier enoff

#484 8 years ago
Quoted from Farmboss:

After watching a few videos I think my bottom flippers are under powered. I cleaned all the switches and made sure the leaf springs were correctly adjusted. I replaced the coil inserts and the flipper mechinisms. My coils are SFL 19/400's. They feel kind of mushy and when I press down on them I can feel them giving a little bit. The top flippers do not give. Are the 19/400's the strongest I can run? Thanks

or you can upgrade to fliptronics style by replacing the brackets and add in the outer return spring, makes em real snappy.

#485 8 years ago

I got one of the classic arcades pop caps

Looks real nice

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#486 8 years ago

Are they stamped? The ad said stamped, but they look silk screened. Not saying they are, they look nice, just curious.

Chris

#487 8 years ago

They feel stamped, there's definitely raised plastic that seems like it's dipped in hot ink, or pressed somehow

#488 8 years ago

Got mine today as well. Looks good.

#489 8 years ago

Looks great.

#490 8 years ago

Im still having problems... Anyone care to jump in and help me out?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-solenoid-locked-on

#491 8 years ago

HEY! Just joined this club! Woot! Anyone have a nice NOS/CPR play field set FS shoot me a pm! No butt raping prices though.

IMG_0707.jpgIMG_0707.jpg

#492 8 years ago

Welcome to the BK club, put up some pics of the suspect PF

#493 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

HEY! Just joined this club! Woot! Anyone have a nice NOS/CPR play field set FS shoot me a pm! No butt raping prices though.
IMG_0707.jpg

are you looking for the playfield or the plastics?

#494 8 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Welcome to the BK club, put up some pics of the suspect PF

I will do that and thanks!

Quoted from Chosen_S:

are you looking for the playfield or the plastics?

Just the play fields, it came with new plastics

#495 8 years ago

This is the closet I've got to the 2.5m, 3 ball factory settings,

( Missed it by that much )

001.JPG001.JPG

#496 8 years ago

The last BK playfield I saw was selling for $1400 silver edition ridiculous price

#498 8 years ago

That's crazy money for a CPR PF....I just sold a BK with uninstalled CPR PF's, a new Mayfair BG, two board sets and a CPR plastic set for less than what they are asking for the PF alone.

#499 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

That's crazy money for a CPR PF....I just sold a BK with uninstalled CPR PF's, a new Mayfair BG, two board sets and a CPR plastic set for less than what they are asking for the PF alone.

that's why its still 4 sale, i rather play on a worn PF

#500 8 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

that's why its still 4 sale, i rather play on a worn PF

Agreed, I'm good with playing this pf but if I could get a new upper/lower in the $600-700 range Id go for it.

IMG_0723.jpgIMG_0723.jpgIMG_0724.jpgIMG_0724.jpgIMG_0722.jpgIMG_0722.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 1,059.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Tools
Pincoder Store

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,204 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 65.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-clubmembers-only/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.