(Topic ID: 199711)

Black Knight Ball advance

By StratDoc

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

Received an update from Rottendog. They have a local BK machine that they are using to troubleshoot the problems with the new board. Stay tuned.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

Received an update from Rottendog. They have a local BK machine that they are using to troubleshoot the problems with the new board. Stay tuned.

Awesome! Hope they get it figured out soon

#53 6 years ago

Just FYI - I purchased my Rottendog board from Big Daddy. I haven't contacted them....suspect I may keep the board and use it on another project someday.

1 week later
#54 6 years ago

RD said the same thing to me. Hoping they can reproduce our issue

1 week later
#55 6 years ago

I also have a rottendog in my BK and have the exact same issues. What a bummer.
No sound, ball won't advance after draining.

#56 6 years ago

I have not heard back from RD for a couple of weeks. The last communication I had was they were testing to try to resolve the issue.

#57 6 years ago

I emailed them this morning looking for an update...

1 week later
#58 6 years ago

update - RD says they are still working on the fix

#59 6 years ago

Thanks for the post. I reached back out but had not heard anything.

#60 6 years ago

Thanks for the update

#61 6 years ago

Thanks for the update on this, patiently waiting for Rottendog to finally figure out the Black Knight issues they seem to keep having.

1 month later
#62 6 years ago

BUMP. I reached out to RottenDog last week and did not hear back. It usually takes 2 or 3 attempts to get a response, so I'll try again next week.

At this point, I am going to suggest putting in a version 2 board and deal with the misc issues until the version 3+ system is working. I dunno

#63 6 years ago

Update

latest news is that RottenDog is going to drop support for MPU327-3 on System 7 games. The plan is to re-run the MPU327-2 board and release it as MPU327-4. I dont know if that means we get System 7 support again, but with misc erroneous issues on Black Knight (similar to version 2 board)... but with a better sourced chip that was one of the issues with maintenance on the rev2 boards.

I dont know time frame obviously, so inquire with RottenDog if you have a Rev3 board and hold on to your receipts

1 week later
#64 6 years ago
Quoted from castlesteve:

Update
latest news is that RottenDog is going to drop support for MPU327-3 on System 7 games. The plan is to re-run the MPU327-2 board and release it as MPU327-4. I dont know if that means we get System 7 support again, but with misc erroneous issues on Black Knight (similar to version 2 board)... but with a better sourced chip that was one of the issues with maintenance on the rev2 boards.
I dont know time frame obviously, so inquire with RottenDog if you have a Rev3 board and hold on to your receipts

Thanks for the update, man that's a bummer. I'm going to assume this will take a long time before this is fixed. I'm gonna see if I can send my board back and just have my original boards repaired.

1 week later
#66 6 years ago

I swapped out a Rottendog board from my Blackout. It works in my BK and the faulty board works well in the Blackout. Once the new board is released I will send it back.

Parts suppliers like k’s Arcade are stating that system 7 games are not supported.

Thanks for the update.

3 months later
#67 5 years ago

Is the only issue with Black Knight? I've got one in a Time Fantasy, Barracora and Jungle Lord and have never had any problems!

Anyone had any problems other than black knight?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-ball-advance/page/2?hl=nateluke85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.