Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Curbfeeler
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Wms-Black-Knight-Front.jpg

#1 3 years ago

I'm in need of a perfect Black Knight backglass. CPR isn't currently running any and I don't know much about Mayfair or if there even in business. Any advice or a point in the right direction would be great. Thanks.

#2 3 years ago

bgresto.com, maybe?

Mayfair is still in business--they just don't have much of an online presence. You'll have to call or email them.

#3 3 years ago

I got a beautiful BG from Mayfair for my BK. About 375 shipped tho. Apparently repro'd by Williams in 98 I think, factory clearcoated, totally worth it for me.

#4 3 years ago

I got one from Mayfair last year. They even had seconds with minor imperfections for cheaper.

#5 3 years ago

You can get it from BGresto - Grey substitution for mirrored highlights...

Wms-Black-Knight-Front.jpg

#6 3 years ago

I got mine from Mayfair a few years ago. It takes him a little time to respond.

#7 3 years ago

CPR Mirrored version coming out soon, no date though.....I completed the artwork for BK & BK2000 some time ago.....

#8 3 years ago

Any word if Alien Poker is made?

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

CPR Mirrored version coming out soon, no date though.....I completed the artwork for BK & BK2000 some time ago.....

What about the playfields? Are you running them again?

#10 3 years ago

Never did a BK2000 PF run ( and won't )....No ( not to my knowledge ) on the BK PF re-run.......

Quoted from arcademojo:

What about the playfields? Are you running them again?

#11 3 years ago

I talked to Steve at Mayfair. Is it pricey? Sure. Is it the real deal? Sounds like it. After this I can quit worrying about it. Thanks for the headsup, guys.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

That's great news.

QSS

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Does CPR do "photographic" reproductions or actual screened art for backglasses?

#14 3 years ago

We don't do "translites" ( Duratrans Prints, or the InkJet Reproductions ). Every Backglass we do is Silk-Screened on Glass.....

Quoted from vintageclub:

Does CPR do "photographic" reproductions or actual screened art for backglasses?

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from vintageclub:

I talked to Steve at Mayfair. Is it pricey? Sure. Is it the real deal?

I have a Mayfair and it looks very much like the original I used to have..without the peeling. It does look like a genuine mirrored backglass as far as I can tell. It is very nice. I read some where real mirrored glasses are not being done anymore.

#16 3 years ago

Mayfair has a been a source for pinball parts for at least 20 years.
He was a baseline LONG before many others.
Most of the "old time" collectors have done business with Steve at one point or another.
So yes, he is the "real deal".
Be patient, he gets busy.
Backglasses, NOS or reproductions are stored upright in "slots" at his storage facility to keep them protected.
He has 1000s of glasses, if you ever get the chance to meet him in person.

Alan Meyer did the reproductions for the original Black Knight (with mirroring) and they are FACTORY ORIGINAL equivalency.
He also did Black Knight 2000 (also with proper mirroring) in prototype red lettering.
I have a AM BK backglass on my wall, that was my spare, when I owed my BK Limited Edition.
I also have a regular run BK 2000 on my wall (the one that was one my machine), that was a swap out signed by Steve Ritchie.
If you can find them at Mayfair, Specialty, or Marco, buy both.

#17 3 years ago

I got a BGresto.com black knight BG and i'm very happy with it.
was going to get one from Mayfair, but after the shipping, etc etc it was just too much dinero for my liking.

1 month later
#18 3 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

I got a BGresto.com black knight BG and i'm very happy with it.
was going to get one from Mayfair, but after the shipping, etc etc it was just too much dinero for my liking.

Maybe let them know they don't list it on their site as a choice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 117.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Li, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,499.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside