Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#4 11 years ago

My first question would be why? A properly setup BK with good flipper components, rubber, and proper leveling should not need such extreme measures. While there are some games that are, by bad design, underpowered and require some extra oomph, BK is not really one of them.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

That opinnion differed from the creator of the game...he demanded 50v wasn't given it later on Wms switched to 50v

But this doesn't mean that the game was designed for 50v and not built into it. Had 50v flippers been made available, the game design would have changed.

#18 11 years ago

Lets start with the easy Spudman

Quoted from Spudgunman:

Steve richie said

its Ritchie

Quoted from Spudgunman:

Later production runs of the game had 50v flippers,

Uh, no. Black Knight never had 50v flippers from Williams. While later System 7 games had 50v flippers, Williams didn't develop 50v flippers into a game until a year or two after Hyperball. BK was the first System 7 pin game (earlier BKs had Sys6 PS). After the failure of HB, Williams used the HB driver board and a secondary transformer to integrate 50v flippers. I beleive the first appearance in a production pin game was FirePower II (the board and transformer are listed in the manual) - but I'm not sure if these were introduced mid-run or not. No sys7 pin games between HB and FPII had the 50v flipper parts integrated from Williams.

BK was released at the end of 1980 - and finished its run by mid-1981. Hyperball was released at the end of 1981, and it wasn't until FPII in late 1983 that 50v flippers appeared.

Quoted from Spudgunman:

Steve richie said in multiple interviews he was overruled and wanted 50v on BK

Perhaps you can provide a source for this. While Steve RiTchie was coming up with great innovation, I have never heard of a gripe from either SR (who was at Williams about a year at this point) or Williams about lacking 50v flippers in BK - though there may have been a difference about getting them included in later sys7 as they weren't originally designed into the system. You seem to subscribe to a theory that the game was designed around them and they were somehow changed at the last minute...that the game was designed for 50V flippers and that Williams cut them leaving the design lacking. I can assure you this isn't how pins are developed - and it would be a really unnecessary fight for them to be in BK with the smaller pfs.

BTW, Williams intentionally made the flipper driver (c-9939) and transformer (C-9905) backwards compatible for sys 7 games - although there are some modifications supposedly required for older games. So congratulations for figuring out something that Williams designed.

I know the flipper mechs also changed at sometime during this period (coil stops breaking causing coils to move/short/torch), but didn't bother to do the research on these. It was at this time in your post that the paranoid rants appeared and I lost all interest.

#21 11 years ago

yes, my bad - I should have figured in the lack of attentiveness along with lack of knowledge and common sense. Here goes - try to keep up

You have no idea what you're talking about (pins)
Your game may well go up in flames (along with babies)
you've lost touch with reality (bk for $3K)

There - and couple words to spare. You didn't lose focus during that, did you?

Now I feel like I have to go sell a pin to go buy a gun to protect against an armed spudman and his babies

#25 11 years ago

yeah, I know

Quoted from Spudgunman:

While we are on the topic, with my new 50v flippers I can finally make all the ramps every time this game isn't so crappy now,

Now that you mention it, I can make all the ramps every time by simply rebuilding the flippers, adding new rubber, and leveling the machine so it plays as its intended. You've simply made the game less challenging. Think of it as training wheels - using mechanics to do what your lack of skill prohibits.

Quoted from Spudgunman:

before I had to silicon spray lube like every 5 games to make the ramp shots this nice.

Now that I am not spraying crap into the underside of the game I figure there is less fire risk!

wow! really? I can simply refer you back to the 30 words in my last post for this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,059.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-50v-flippers?tu=wizzardz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.