blackknight03 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190301_194108 (resized).jpg
20190301_200359 (resized).jpg
whiteknights (resized).jpg
BK (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190228-063531_Google (resized).jpg
dilly (resized).png
20190226_135652 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Time.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 5 years ago

As someone who just bought a bk2k last week (having paid top dollar too).... Uhg, I don't know. I don't know how I feel about this. Somebody tell me how I should feel about this.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I have both BK and BK2K. How do I feel abaout it? hell yeah!!!!

My first thought was about how Stern will do the upper playfield. This is going to be very different from anything they've made recently. I can't think of anything they've made with an upper playfield like both black knights have had. I'm sure they CAN do it, but that's going to be a lot of custom hardware they can't pull from somewhere else. (Thinking how the playfield mounts, ext..). So my thought would then be, will it be very expensive one-off (aka Whoa Nellie). Or designed totally differently?

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I paid $4500 and another $400 to ship mine a couple months ago. You should feel great, it’s a killer game that no new version could possibly replace the look, sound, and feel of

That makes me feel less bad. Mine was $4800 + $450 shipping. Don't actually have it yet but its suppose to be in pretty near perfect. Fingers crossed. I know we're not supposed to care what Pinside tells us the pins are worth, but it's hard to not notice Pinside values this title at half that. I obviously did value it more and do think it was still a good value. Just know I won't ever be making anything on this one.

Quoted from gunstarhero:

Good timing. They’re certainly not gonna all of a sudden get cheaper because of renewed interest in the theme.

Yeah, that's logical. Renewed interest in the theme is a good thing.

Quoted from Coz:

Just play it, Enjoy your BK2K, it’s a great pin! I don’t think the value would go down if a sequel came out, it could actually help increase the value

Thanks, I do love bk2k. Been searching for one for about a year. And if the 3000 looks cool, yeah maybe I'd be a buyer have have both? Maybe.

#35 5 years ago

Black Knight 3000 would need to be something unique and well made for me to be a buyer. But Maybe. Thinking of the Whoa Nellie example, I think it would need to be a one-off platform to do the theme justice. Double playfeilds, custom mounting to service access. Mirrored backglass (probably too much to ask for). But arguably this theme would be for home buyers, right? I can't imagine it being a big draw for people not already fans of the first two pins. The theme isn't based on anything otherwise. I'd think this would be something Chicago gaming would take on with their Williams remakes rather than Stern doing a whole new game. Is the theme valuable outside of pinside / home collectors?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 210.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Wanted
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Time.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-3000-by-stern?tu=Time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.