Topic poll

“BK2K or JD”

• BK2K 22 votes
    50%
  • JD 22 votes
    50%

(44 votes)

#1 7 months ago

I have a decision to make and would like everyone's opinion.
Would you keep a BK2K or a JD?

#2 7 months ago

Keep JD it has much more going on the ruleset is deeper and it has cool toys and gimmicks.

#3 7 months ago

I would keep JD but I wouldn't buy either.

#4 7 months ago

I've owned BK2K and it is an awesome game in many ways especially the music but its a one trick pony. Left loop to upper loop. Judge Dredd has way more substance to it.

#5 7 months ago

Get rid of both
I've owned both and they are long gone

#7 7 months ago

Ive owned both JD is gone and Im on my 2nd B2K I like JD and it is deeper but the overall playing experience brings me back to BK2K its a sys 11 classic.

#8 7 months ago
Quoted from TomT:

Ive owned both JD is gone and Im on my 2nd B2K I like JD and it is deeper but the overall playing experience brings me back to BK2K its a sys 11 classic.

This is my 3rd BK2K and 2nd JD. I like the music and callouts of BK2K better. But the JD has a slight edge on gameplay.

#9 7 months ago

If your BK2K is really nice, I would hold on to it.

For what it's worth, it seems to me JD is more commonly found for sale. BK2K, not so much.

It would seem to be easier to get JD back, than it would be to get BK2K back. Especially a nice BK2K.

#10 7 months ago

I know JD has a lot more going on, but BK2K is one of my all-time favorites. One of the first pins to really draw me in. The audio on that game is second to none. So I say BK2K.

#11 7 months ago
Quoted from Honch:

I know JD has a lot more going on, but BK2K is one of my all-time favorites. One of the first pins to really draw me in. The audio on that game is second to none. So I say BK2K.

STAND UP AND FIGHT!

BK2K is the genesis of SR's Shao Khan voice.

Voices were very clean-sounding for the pre-DCS, Sys11 era.

#12 7 months ago

This, BK2K is one of those games that everyone knows due to the sound track. How many people have made covers of the music from JD? I think BK2K has 3 or 4? Which is not to say JD isn't a cool game. It without a doubt is. If I had them I'd keep them both If I had to choose, I'd choose BK2K both for the music and simple game play. Super Classic . I like the dead world on JD, I've never played a super game so that might be something to consider as well.

Quoted from jfre81:

STAND UP AND FIGHT!
BK2K is the genesis of SR's Shao Khan voice.
Voices were very clean-sounding for the pre-DCS, Sys11 era.

#13 7 months ago

Bk2k all day and not just because I own one. I could have purchased several JD’s in the time I spent looking for a nice bk2k. I believe bk2k will increase in price and popularity due to the fact that backglasses, playfields and plastics and now both being made. So, some of the beaters I passed on could now be beautiful again. Between the music, the light show, and the pure adrenaline rush of bk2k, I just don’t see how you can compare the 2. Yes, JD is deeper, but in a small-medium collection I think bk2k stands out much more. It’s kind of funny though. I was just talking to some friends about how much I want a JD suddenly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Lutz, FL
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.99
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 50.00
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball
$ 28.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Ramon, CA
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside