Topic poll

“BK2K or JD”

• BK2K 23 votes
    50%
  • JD 23 votes
    50%

(46 votes)

#1 5 years ago

I have a decision to make and would like everyone's opinion.
Would you keep a BK2K or a JD?

#2 5 years ago

Keep JD it has much more going on the ruleset is deeper and it has cool toys and gimmicks.

#3 5 years ago

I would keep JD but I wouldn't buy either.

#4 5 years ago

I've owned BK2K and it is an awesome game in many ways especially the music but its a one trick pony. Left loop to upper loop. Judge Dredd has way more substance to it.

#5 5 years ago

Get rid of both
I've owned both and they are long gone

#7 5 years ago

Ive owned both JD is gone and Im on my 2nd B2K I like JD and it is deeper but the overall playing experience brings me back to BK2K its a sys 11 classic.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

Ive owned both JD is gone and Im on my 2nd B2K I like JD and it is deeper but the overall playing experience brings me back to BK2K its a sys 11 classic.

This is my 3rd BK2K and 2nd JD. I like the music and callouts of BK2K better. But the JD has a slight edge on gameplay.

#9 5 years ago

If your BK2K is really nice, I would hold on to it.

For what it's worth, it seems to me JD is more commonly found for sale. BK2K, not so much.

It would seem to be easier to get JD back, than it would be to get BK2K back. Especially a nice BK2K.

#10 5 years ago

I know JD has a lot more going on, but BK2K is one of my all-time favorites. One of the first pins to really draw me in. The audio on that game is second to none. So I say BK2K.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I know JD has a lot more going on, but BK2K is one of my all-time favorites. One of the first pins to really draw me in. The audio on that game is second to none. So I say BK2K.

STAND UP AND FIGHT!

BK2K is the genesis of SR's Shao Khan voice.

Voices were very clean-sounding for the pre-DCS, Sys11 era.

#12 5 years ago

This, BK2K is one of those games that everyone knows due to the sound track. How many people have made covers of the music from JD? I think BK2K has 3 or 4? Which is not to say JD isn't a cool game. It without a doubt is. If I had them I'd keep them both If I had to choose, I'd choose BK2K both for the music and simple game play. Super Classic . I like the dead world on JD, I've never played a super game so that might be something to consider as well.

Quoted from jfre81:

STAND UP AND FIGHT!
BK2K is the genesis of SR's Shao Khan voice.
Voices were very clean-sounding for the pre-DCS, Sys11 era.

#13 5 years ago

Bk2k all day and not just because I own one. I could have purchased several JD’s in the time I spent looking for a nice bk2k. I believe bk2k will increase in price and popularity due to the fact that backglasses, playfields and plastics and now both being made. So, some of the beaters I passed on could now be beautiful again. Between the music, the light show, and the pure adrenaline rush of bk2k, I just don’t see how you can compare the 2. Yes, JD is deeper, but in a small-medium collection I think bk2k stands out much more. It’s kind of funny though. I was just talking to some friends about how much I want a JD suddenly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 39.99
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-vs-judge-dredd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.