(Topic ID: 187649)

Black Knight 2000 Top Flipper no longer working but both bottom work

By darcangeloel

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I'm really hoping this is just a bad coil or something on the coil (A diode or something of the like that is causing this issue). I recently bought this machine and with a bit of work I've put over 100 or so games on it with no issues at all. However, last night during game play with upper play fields right flipper (The only one on the upper play field) just stopped working. I starting doing some checking and I can't seem to figure out what the deal is. Here is what I find odd and what makes me think something is wrong with the coil. The bottom right flipper coil works without issue but the upper flipper coil just sits there, it never gets warm or bounces or anything. With a Test Lead hooked to the ground braid I touched the middle lug while the machine was on and the bottom right coil flipped but the top right still didn't do anything so it doesn't seem to be an issue with the ground. I then pulled out my dmm and checked the voltage to the coil by putting the black lead on the ground braid and the red lead on each of the three lugs all of which show 75 volts DC (Which is what all the other coils show as well) so I don't think it's a power issue but feel free to correct me as I am learning. I then checked the resistance between the different lugs and they all seemed to be within tolerance (Although I'm not sure If I'm doing this right as I've read where some people say to just take readings at the lugs and then some people say to take readings with the coil manually pulled up,ect,ect). The coil in question is a FL-11629, any ideas? Did I do the right test to check for ground and voltage readings? Am I missing anything that you can think of?

Thanks,

#2 6 years ago

EOS clean and tension holding it closed real tight ?

Fuse for that coil ?

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

EOS clean and tension holding it closed real tight ?
Fuse for that coil ?

The fuse is good that is fuse F5 which is shared with the lower flipper coil which is still working so I don't think that is the issue. (Also wouldn't I not get any voltage at the lugs if that was the case? (I also checked the fuse for continuity and it worked without issue).

For EOS, it seems right and wouldn't putting it to ground monetarily make it fire anyways (Again it did for the lower coil when I was doing it on the top coils lugs)? Also how would it come that far out of alignment midgame? I guess it's possible but when I checked it last night it all seemed right.... Nice ideas though.

#4 6 years ago

Also what is LTG?

#5 6 years ago

My old video game initials from about 1975.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

My old video game initials from about 1975.

oh derp hahah sorry that was your signature so to speak I thought it was maybe an acronym for something lol. Thanks again for the ideas.

#7 6 years ago

Anyone else have any ideas?

#8 6 years ago

i had a similar issue that I could not troubleshoot. i had a professional repair it and he said it was a trace one one of the boards. i dont know what board.

#9 6 years ago

I found it hahaha a wire had come off of the EOS switch. Doh!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-top-flipper-no-longer-working-but-both-bottom-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.