Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by BLACK_ROSE
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-809.jpg
image-749.jpg
image-648.jpg
image-772.jpg
image-217.jpg

#1 4 years ago

All things being equal (condition, price), which is the better pin? BK2K is slightly lower rated but has the best original music put on a pin.

I have several pins that reward control. I thinking a pin that rewards timing and flow might be a good addition.

Please give me your thoughts and advice.

#2 4 years ago

music on BK2K is some of the best ever and I love cheesy tunes so it really is no choice.

both are great!

#3 4 years ago

Both one shot pins. Take your pick. I owned BK2K and really liked it a lot, but didn't hold up in my 6 pin collection. Got very repetitive quickly for me.

#4 4 years ago

Pinbot over bride of pinbot.

But, you've got the power!

#5 4 years ago

Bk2k. I absolutely love this extremely fast game with mind numbing music. I have many pins but did get bk2k before the large collection and never thought of selling. Still my quick go to game. Easy choice if you ask me.

#6 4 years ago

I miss my bk2k.

#7 4 years ago

Both games are one shot games, unfortunately. Honestly, I would go for whichever theme/art/music appeals to you most, because the rules on both leave something to be desired. I would still give a strong edge to BK2K in that department; BoP is literally left ramp all day and the scoring is hugely imbalanced.

#8 4 years ago

My vote is for BoP by a slight margin only because you can BoP 2.0 it.

#9 4 years ago

BK2K is a blast.

#10 4 years ago

I had a Bride and loved it but it's gone. BK2K is still here.

#11 4 years ago

I give the edge to BK2K, its music is right up there with SOF, and adding a subwoofer really makes it take over the room even more while you're playing.

#12 4 years ago

I have a BK2K and I can think of at least 8 shots that I use regularly.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

My vote is for BoP by a slight margin only because you can BoP 2.0 it.

BoP 2.0 looks sweet but is the cost of a new machine (and currently not available due to legal stuff).

BK2K seems to be a keeper in a lot of collections.

A side note: if I do get the bride I'll add a pinbot next to it. it would be nice to have the pair. I don't know if i'd ever get a jackbot.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I have a BK2K and I can think of at least 8 shots that I use regularly.

Yeah, anyone that thinks it is a 1 shot game does not know the game!

2 weeks later
#15 4 years ago

There both great games! Lately I've been playing BK2000 more though if that's says anything..

image-217.jpg
image-772.jpg

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

BoP 2.0 looks sweet but is the cost of a new machine (and currently not available due to legal stuff).

It's now available for sale again :

http://www.dutchpinball.com/order

#17 4 years ago

Agree $1k too much for it.. I want it though..

#18 4 years ago

I have a BK2K it's action packed and hard but man I would love a BOP 2.0, at a grand it would have been a no brainer for me but the price is actually about $1400 it is way too much plus you have to add the cost of a dmd to that.

#19 4 years ago

I wouldn't say BOP is a one shot game. Sure if you plan to get a billion each time then that's the only reliable way to get it (the backdoor billions are almost impossible), but having owned one for a good while now, I've found that the most consistant way to get good scores is to do loop combos and unlimited millions up the heart ramp.

If I was competing on BOP I'd definitely shoot the heart ramp and not the left ramp.

Then there's the left loop which can give you an extra ball for every new ball in play, which is very valuable and an easy shot (depending on the game, it could be an easy return too).

#20 4 years ago

After playing both on Pinball arcade and live and watching the BoP 2.0 videos I am going to go with BoP. I am looking forward to getting it into the collection. I already have the machine picked out and I will be getting a pinbot with it as well.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. My main takeaway is this: Get the machine you like, and then save up and buy the other one.

Thanks again

#21 4 years ago

Interesting fact: Stephanie Rogers did the voices for both the choir in BK2K and the Machine in BOP

#22 4 years ago

I like BK2K

Then again someone just made new code for BOP so maybe it is worth heavier consideration.

#23 4 years ago

Don't get me wrong, BK2K is a great machine. It this point in my experience I have more control than flow. I think if I got BK2K now i'd just get frustrated.

#24 4 years ago

Not buying a very nice BK2K is one of my top 3 regretful non-buys.
Better title than BOP - hands down.

#25 4 years ago

Just diamond plated my BK2000 thanks to Rock's mod..

image-648.jpg image-809.jpg image-749.jpg
#26 4 years ago

Now this is a Combo i Haven't replied to before ..I've had Both a few times , Hmmm ,, Tough call but , BOP 4 me

I've Shop'd and Bling'd Both !!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
$ 28.00
Boards
PinSound
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Naperville, IL
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 18.99
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside