(Topic ID: 155679)

EPIC!!!! Black Knight 2000 Meets Metal - All New Song!!

By Jared

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jared
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

icon_greenband_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
Photo-Shoot-Two-1_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jared.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I have been a fan of BK2K for many years, but I was finally able to get my dream machine, BK2K, at the TPF. I traded a very nice T2 for it, with absolutely no regrets. I quickly spent $400 on parts, new plastic set, cointaker LED kit, chrome legs & lock-bar, etc etc.

But that's just the background story.

I subcontracted a professional musician to make an all original heavy metal cover of Black Knight 2000! The artist is known as "ERock" and has several albums on iTunes you can check out. He is an insanely gifted guitar player. He has over 1.2 Million subscribers on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/user/331Erock . Here is his website. http://thisiserock.com/

I intended for the recording to be a special gift for my friend and co-worker, Steve Ritchie, but realized that his birthday had just passed in February, heh. So, even though this recording will be in honor of him, its really a gift for all of us honestly. Once it's completed it will be for sale on iTunes for .99c or for free on YouTube as a special video.

I know that there has been some "Black Knight 2000" guitar covers before, but trust me when I say that none have been done like the one you will hear soon. Full studio recording, double bass Mike Portnoy level drumming, its going to be... EPIC. I believe in the idea so much I paid for it myself, I know it's going to be the truly most badass pinball related musical recording ever. Really. As I love to say, Stay tuned. Estimated time of completion 14-21 days.

Photo-Shoot-Two-1_(resized).jpgPhoto-Shoot-Two-1_(resized).jpg

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Freakin rad!!!! Can't wait to hear it!

This is going to be the most metal pinball song ever!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

So cool, this guy has great stuff! Really glad that you're working to make stuff like this happen, and also glad to see you back on Pinside.

This song will be huge.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I'm a big fan of some of the fan made bk2k songs, I'm excited to hear yours!!

Well, it's not me performing it myself obviously, LOL.

The artist I've contracted is the most talented in the world for this sort of thing. It's literally all he does, he converts existing themes and video game songs into heavy-metal renditions which are incredible.

Check out some of his different songs on YouTube and let me know what you think. I am really excited for this one.

#12 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

I have been working hard getting pumped up.

#13 8 years ago

This project is coming along nicely, cannot wait to share it with you guys!!!!

#14 8 years ago

UPDATE: Professional recording began last Thursday in Los Angeles. I cannot be more excited about this project!

2 weeks later
#15 8 years ago

ENJOY THIS 30 SECOND RAW PREVIEW!!!!!!!

#16 8 years ago

"It's been done"... No... It's hasn't... Not like it's about to be.... You'll see!!! The song will have dual guitars and solos that will melt your brain!!!!

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Please say it will have the actual vocals from BK 2000 in there.
It needs the female vocals, or at least a choir.
And the real BK voice.
I would love to hear this done by a full orchestra and choir. Someone should contact "Video games live" as BK2000 is an epic game soundtrack.
Screw the console songs. BK2000 is considered by most the best game music of all time.

I only had so much of my money to blow on this lol.

I think you will really really like the final product...

#26 7 years ago

I went and listened to the 2014 version on youtube. Some others had used that link to say "it's already been done" but right away I could hear the differences, especially with the drums and guitar. I am so excited for you guys to hear the final version soon...

2 years later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jared.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-meets-metal-all-new-song?tu=Jared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.