(Topic ID: 206716)

Black Knight 2000 Light Matrix Multiple rows Columns lit.... HELP!!!

By Okarcades

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Okarcades
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180401_153313 (resized).jpg
d7aefa881fad3ae4aed1cda776623b76f1807bb2 (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Hey guys!

I can't figure out my problem and need some help!

I have a black knight 2000 I'm working on for a buddy that when I got the knocker just stayed on and the machine didn't boot and just hummed really loud.

I rebuilt the power supply board and it turned back on! After shopping and fixing all the other little things I CANNOT figure out this matrix problem.

Every lamp after #33 lights itself and 3 others.

I have....
-Checked pretty much every diode.
-Replaced #33 diode.
-Unplugged the wheel board to test (didn't change)
-Unplugged bonus 2x-5x board (didn't change)
-No battery corrosion

Here is a video of what I have going on

By the way the "m" in ransom works fine I just never had it all the way light in the game.

#2 6 years ago

Oh ya!!!! And the flipper lane change doesn't work either on the left or the right side !

What the heck?????

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

I rebuilt the power supply board

Hmmm, strange problem. I have a feeling you did something wrong with the PS board. Go back make sure you didn't install something wrong or backwards etc...

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

Oh ya!!!! And the flipper lane change doesn't work either on the left or the right side !
What the heck?????

I had that issue a while back with my bk2k. Check the interconnect board as if any of the flipper voltages are by passed then it won't work. Can you take a pic of that interconnect board from and back if memory serves my issue was with the lowest right set of pins. I forget the header name.

#5 6 years ago

Here is a picture of someone else's handy work. I replaced this board but, it is good to know which pins should have wires on the front. Again if any of these are by passed lane change will not work right.

d7aefa881fad3ae4aed1cda776623b76f1807bb2 (resized).jpgd7aefa881fad3ae4aed1cda776623b76f1807bb2 (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago

Saturday bump

#7 6 years ago

So I had a rottendog system 11 mpu board in a big guns and I swapped it for the black knight and BAM!!! light problem went away. But the lane change problem still exists. I'll need to track down the light problem in the mpu or just send it off.

I guess now I just need to figure out the lane change. I check the above suggestions and my auctions board looks fantastic.

#8 6 years ago

The M in ransom is fine in attract mode. It’s the last letter needed to collect for that mode. The progression of collected letters shows where you’re at even in game over mode

#9 6 years ago

I would try to remove the leds in that string what has a malfunction.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from onlydjz:

I would try to remove the leds in that string what has a malfunction.

I changed the board and lights worked. It's a board issue. Now I need to track down the chip or what ever the problem is.

4 weeks later
#11 6 years ago

Also look for switches and contacts from the upper playfield touching the metal guides on the lower playfield. Had that on mine and it drove me nuts until I discovered the problem went away when the upper playfield was raised.

1 month later
#12 5 years ago

Here is the interconnect board. A little burnt but everything appears to be in working order

20180401_153313 (resized).jpg20180401_153313 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-light-matric-multiple-rows-columns-lit-help?hl=scottmaggie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.