• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zuhi
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Dear Friends!

I got a BK2K it looks like a keeper for me, but it need a full clean up and restoring.
First a short few words about it.c
All PCB clean and game works, just dirty and faded about 20+ years of service and a few years sleep in storage.
Nothing major.

For restoring, sadly cabinet is faded (very) but I can scan it and rework in corel. But i really do not feel right to go and doing a decal from it. but have i any other choice? As i see its impossible to redo it with stencils because of the raster on the side.

Questions:
Anyone who redo a BK2K using full size decals? (covering the full side including black areas) or do have other ways to restore this kind of art?
I did not seen any stencils for it. But looks painted or silk screened from factory.
PS silk screening wont worth it for one machine but technically not impossibly i know.

Secondly. All of the red on the front and on the side of the backbox are full red? Or they have some texture effect or something?
I can not tell from mine because its condition, and a few photos would be nice which shows it closely.
I do not be sure i see the wood texture or its in the paint.

Other:
The playfield has the factory mylar. Looks its did its job protected the most of the pf.
Near by areas may lost some color and a few insert some letter but its common can be redone easily uppon clean up.
My problem is the mylar looks milky and got some small air bubbles on it mos on inserts.

This can be repaired somehow or just with removing the mylar and replacing it?
Ohh did someone try to use anti graffity decal as protector instead of mylar? clear, durable, glossy, easy to apply strong, and dirt and chemical resistant.

Also a few oddies about the machine:
The RANSOM letters in the test mode works backwards, but its connector cant be plugged wrongly. Because its keyed.
So the R test lights the M and reverse. Center flasher test it is. So thats in the right place. Is it normal or is it bug?

Also my game do not have fx sound in attract and game mode. But it has same if i press the cpu test switch and in the test mode too. A friend of my will give me a few freshly write eprom i hope they will solve the problem.
But its common? As i read most user lost the music, not the fx. Oh yes mpu is clean!

On the second level playfield one of the red target markers do not work. I traced back they control wires back to the mpu and its fine. I had to test its transistor may its bad. Just need some time near by the machine.

But thats all others work.

Sadly the glass had some flaking the pre owner clearcoated the backside, but if i have a chance to replace it i wont be hesitate.

Thanks for all who will write back.

1 week later
#2 7 years ago

Any opinion?

#3 7 years ago

Be careful with the playfield. I did a test mylar lift on my BK2K and it pulled the text on the inserts right off. So, be prepared to repaint/decal all of your inserts if you go that route. Sometimes a "pretty good" playfield from that era is "good enough".

#4 7 years ago

PM with your questions, as I have for the most part stopped trying to assist on this website.
I have owned my BK2K 2000 since 1999-2000.

4 weeks later
#5 6 years ago

I will scan the entire playfield before doing anything.
This way i can recreate the insert set, if it will lift off. Or if it will be milky or bubbled will be removed anyway.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.99
4,500 (OBO)
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-info-for-restoration and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.