Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by twinmice
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

So, i just got done restoring my BK2000, my problem is that both right side flippers do not work, left works great, fuse is good, but whats weird, even is switch test, the flipper switch does not register? Everything worked great before i tore it apart, but only replaced the flipper switch and rebuilt the flippers? All connections have been checked and reseated. Anyone know where else to check? I assume it could be a board problem, but im not to sure where to start looking. Not to much experience with that. Thanks

#2 7 years ago

Do you have the same voltage on the right flipper lugs as the left flipper lugs?

#3 7 years ago

Check your EOS switch on that right flipper???

#4 7 years ago

Have the same voltage to both right and left coils, both flipper EOS switches are good.

#5 7 years ago

Does the right flipper work in coil test?

#6 7 years ago

The coil test does not pulse the flipper coils, not that i saw anyway, i went through the coil test.

#7 7 years ago

Have you manually tested the coil by grounding it with a test lead? Make sure you ground the center lug.

#8 7 years ago

Yep fires.

#9 7 years ago

You have power but no ground. Start tracing the wires back to the switch in the cabinet and the interconnect board. A schematic will be helpful but if I had to wager a guess you have something broken on the lower right flipper EOS switch.

The right flipper on BK2K is double-stacked: the lower flipper activates the upper one when the EOS switch is closed. If I recall correctly this switch switches *power* to the upper flipper and the cabinet switch switches ground but it's been a while since I looked at it.

Flipper can't fire in coil test on a pre-Fliptronics Williams game. It's just a switch. (Okay, the interconnect board has ICs that can tell when the flipper is flipping, so it's possible that there's a problem with that.)

#10 7 years ago

Thank you sir, i was able to fix it. Found a blown trace on the AUX board, fixed it and works great!! Thanks guys for all your help. Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.99
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-flipper-problem-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.