(Topic ID: 94003)

Black Knight 2000 Club - Knights of the Lightning Wheel.

By NextoPin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,227 posts
  • 227 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Gedc
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240202_133818 (resized).jpg
20240201_210703 (resized).jpg
20240129_213624 (resized).jpg
20240129_213924 (resized).jpg
20240129_214922 (resized).jpg
IMG_5984 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jetmechinnc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#435 6 years ago

Hello everyone, Just joined the club!!!
Picked up one of my favorite pins Friday! Has been home use since the year 2000! Have the bill of sale and all. Apparently it was bought way back when in Long Island NY and was currently residing in Raleigh NC. Now it is at my home in Winston Salem and never leaving! Ordered new Premium nonghosting LEDs from Cointaker and hope to get them this week. Playfield is near perfect. Only flaw I can see is the W in war is slightly worn. Everything else is perfect. Going to clean and wax it this week, put new rubbers, balls, etc once the LEDs show up.

By the way, has anyone tried to call the 1-800 number listed in the back of the game on the upper playfield, it also comes up in the display for a T-shirt of the black knight?

Knight (resized).jpgKnight (resized).jpg

playfield (resized).jpgplayfield (resized).jpg

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

Still have it, never worn.

WOW! Now that is a true vintage shirt! Awesome!

#439 6 years ago

Quick question. I’m going to switch out the halogen bulbs in the game for all LEDs but I’m wondering if there may a little issue to fix first. The lights in the game seem dim to me, though it may be that I’m just used to LEDs, but it’s Especially the noticeable in the pop bumpers. They go quite dim during play. Is there a specific circuit board to check for maybe cold solder joints, maybe need to order a new power supply board, or maybe a need to change out capacitors? Planning on hitting each wire connector with nonflammable deoxit. Then go from there.

#443 6 years ago

Got new parts from Marco to overhaul my new game, even though it plays quite well, but after watching a youtube video, I was wondering what coils you guys use for the flippers? The manual says to use FL-11630, but when I was watching a youtube video of GRC Pinball showing off the black knight 2000 for christmas, they said they put in FL-11629 to make it snappier, and for the long shots the right flippers make both upper and lower. I happen to have two new 29 coils that I had for my Black Rose, any thoughts on putting these coils in place over the stock 30s?

Thank you for your input.

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

I got the same idea from that same video haha.

Great pinball minds think alike!! No issues with broken plastics due to the stronger solenoid?

Jason

1 week later
#447 6 years ago

Quick question, any ideas why I have a slight hum with the speakers in the back box when the game is just turned on and it is in attract mode? I thought maybe it was the original speakers failing, but I installed new Flipper Fidelity ones the other day, and though they sound a lot better, there is still a hum, and I don't have the game turned up that loud, could be a lot louder. When I turn it down, the hum does go away, but then the gameplay obviously suffers from quiet music. My other pins, including taxi are always silent in attract mode, and are quite load when playing them, and they too have flipper fidelity speakers.

2 months later
#465 6 years ago

Still haven't figured out why my GI lights in my pop bumpers dim over time. At least most of the time they do, as the game stays on. Rest of the game seems OK, but I do know that when I bought the game with standard bulbs installed, it was quite dim until I put in LED throughout the whole pin. Maybe the Power supply board and or the Aux power board capacitors are going bad? Not sure how to test them to see if they are going bad. Game itself works great. I can turn the game off and back on again the pop bumpers will glow brighter, then dim over time. I've checked connections, even tapped on connectors/shook wires to see if something would flicker with no avail. Has anyone used Xpin boards compared to Rottendog ones? was thinking of just ordering new power supply boards to get fresh new technology into this great game to try and fix this minor but frustrating issue.

#466 6 years ago

Ok after Comparing my space shuttle pin and black knight, seems the entire upper playfield GI lights are dimmer ( I installed similar co Braked LEDs) but the pop bumpers are the most noticeable (cointakers jetbumper LEDs). At the interconnect board, I think it was J9, after pulling it ,that killed the GI light for the upper playfield. Maybe there is a cold solder joint on this board causing the dimmed lighting but the light intensity doesn’t change if I wiggle the connector in place. Maybe the aux power board? Any suggestions would be great to trouble shoot next. Otherwise may load the parts cannon and order a new aux and main power board.

#467 6 years ago

OK now thinking it's the backbox interconnect board, or at least a connector. Can someone show me a pick of what the connector on J6 should look like? Mine appears to have been "fixed" with RTV and I want to see how the wires should look on that connector. The last 3 or 4 pins, top side, of this connector have RTV on them with no wires, I assume to prevent shocks since the plastic is broken off on the top part of this connector. Odd thing is if I wiggle this connector, the back box GI lights flicker, not the playfield GI lights.

Thank you,

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jetmechinnc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-club?tu=jetmechinnc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.