(Topic ID: 94003)

Black Knight 2000 Club - Knights of the Lightning Wheel.

By NextoPin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,244 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by cidtrip
  • Topic is favorited by 128 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

issue (resized).png
IMG_0270 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0343 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0269 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
BK2K sticker (resized).jpg
20240409_121916 (resized).jpg
IMG_0329 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240202_133818 (resized).jpg
20240201_210703 (resized).jpg
20240129_213624 (resized).jpg
20240129_213924 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#426 6 years ago

You can play RANSOM as many times as you can light it.

I was going to suggest if you want a more modern BK2K look for NO FEAR, but I see that you have one!

2 weeks later
#429 6 years ago

Well it is about time!

I bought my first BK2K (with a REALLY hashed PF) because they were doing a repro years ago, but it never happened. Ended up selling it and now I have a pretty nice PF but the Mylar is lifting in spots and there is some wear on the upper.. not bad at all but I gotta believe a BK2K with a perfectly smooth clearcoated PF is gonna be a MONSTER!

4 months later
#485 6 years ago

Very cool dude! Congrats, and welcome to the battle. Now get in there and BEAT THE BLACK KNIGHT!

2 weeks later
#491 6 years ago

Playfield honestly. Mylar bubbles, insert wear, magnasave wear, lock lane wear... apparently new playfields are right around the corner tho, so...

As for plastics, slings maybe? I've had a couple BK2Ks and I don't remember any plastics being particularly prone to damage.

2 months later
#519 5 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

If anyone has a lower play field that looks pretty good (I know lots of people are about to buy up the repro play fields that are coming out), Please PM me as I would be interested. Ideally I'd buy a repro one as well but that doesn't seem to be in the cards. Thanks!

Same here but hoping for a nice upper PF!

#529 5 years ago

“You don’t have the power... you don’t have the might... but we know you’ll be back... you can’t resist the Black Knight!”

3 months later
#565 5 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

I have a technical question for the group. My BK2K kickback (on the left hand outlane) misses the ball now and then, it rolls right by when it's lit. However, it works 9 out of 10 times so everything mechanically works, and it's a microswitch and not an opto. Interestingly it doesn't seem to matter if it is fast or slow, and the switch works normally in test mode. But once in a while during gameplay it doesn't register/try to fire which can be frustrating. I've been told before that's just the way it is on this title, but can anyone else confirm that? If not, any ideas on what to check?
Thanks!

New switch will clean up the issue. Mine was the same way... then it would miss slightly more... finally people started to complain to me about it. So I replaced the switch and all is well.

1 week later
#578 5 years ago

Ehh, there are alot of weird little parts that would probably make that prohibitively expensive.

#581 5 years ago
Quoted from 68Pontinut:

Looking at a very nice example of a BK2000. Any idea on what I should pay?

Used to be $2K-ish all day long, but now with the new PFs being out there you're already seeing a steady rise.

#584 5 years ago

Damn, that's nice.

3 months later
#632 5 years ago

Mmm, SoF and BK2K side by side is my 80s pinball music fantasy. :O

1 week later
#643 5 years ago

I may not see much of a difference, maybe I’m not OCD enough, but I will say I love your little video and how it syncs up.

2 weeks later
#651 5 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

So balls coming from the upper playfield are easily cradled with a raised right flipper which I think is normal. Ideas for making this more challenging? Different bouncy flipper rubber, lower flipper bat angle so harder to cradle, offset upper to lower playfield wire form so ball hits lower right flipper in different place?? Thoughts? Thanks!

Pretty sure it's a combo of the angle and the rubber. I don't think there's much adjustment from the feed wireform, and I wouldn't take too many liberties with it, they're not easy to replace.

2 months later
#674 5 years ago

Sounds like your EOS Switch might be shot.

2 weeks later
#676 4 years ago

Right on!

Unrelated but... I know AF-TOR is rare, however I've been seeing them pop up everyplace these days. Weird!

1 year later
#787 3 years ago
Quoted from MDBradley:

Hi all-
Does any of your machines have this fairy vs the drawbridge plastic? Number attached links back to bk2000 plastic set I just have t seen others with this.
[quoted image]

I’ve had both versions and while I think the “castle” version is better theming I prefer the looks of the “future” plastics.

I have the “future” version (with the angel) now.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

1 week later
#792 3 years ago

EVERYTHING IS LIT

5 months later
#833 3 years ago
Quoted from thegarse:

Joined over the weekend!
[quoted image]

Get ready for battle... beat the Black Knight!

9 months later
#934 2 years ago

Your PF looks fine, and unless you just NEED “perfection” I wouldn’t mess with it. That Mylar bubbling is very common and it’s super difficult to correct without causing a lot of PF damage.

And if you do need perfection, well, I’ve seen the Mirco in one of these guys and it’s gorgeous… but it takes some dialing in to be sure.

I also wouldn’t change your wire forms unless your old ones are broken or missing, and yours don’t seem to be.

Honestly it just looks like a nice, original BK2K and you can spend a bunch of money trying to make it better and really not gaining much. My vote is play the hell out of it!

2 months later
#952 2 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Just bumping this…I went to the depths of Google and came back empty handed looking for stickers / decals for the apron.
Maybe I’m the only one that needs them!

I’ve never seen the BK2K apron art for sale as a decal, and it seems like those aprons were not survivors sadly… I had an operator sticker right in the middle of mine and removing it was very stressful.

1 year later
#1116 5 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Going to look at one today and likely buy.
Common things to look for?

PF wear is the big one. BUT… there are repro PFs available now.

if you don’t want to do a swap look out for cloudy inserts. These games were pretty notorious for the inserts getting really funky under the Mylar and you CANNOT easily remove Mylar from this game without insert loss.

Also broken or missing wire forms. Aside from that tho I don’t think much else that can go too wrong that you can’t replace.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,500 (OBO)
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-club?tu=gunstarhero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.