(Topic ID: 94003)

Black Knight 2000 Club - Knights of the Lightning Wheel.

By NextoPin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,243 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by koen12344
  • Topic is favorited by 127 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

issue (resized).png
IMG_0270 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0343 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0269 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
BK2K sticker (resized).jpg
20240409_121916 (resized).jpg
IMG_0329 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240202_133818 (resized).jpg
20240201_210703 (resized).jpg
20240129_213624 (resized).jpg
20240129_213924 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gornkleschnitzer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#610 5 years ago

That area might be an indication of success, but definitely still use a healthy amount of care and caution if you do decide to pull it. I just bought myself a BK2K (hello club btw!) on which the previous owner attempted mylar removal and it went terribly wrong. Mirco planned for next year when my pinball budget resets.

My Magna-Save has exactly the same deep wear spot, and I believe what I'm going to do about that is drop a mylar circle in the center of it on the new PF. I can't speak for everybody but I would definitely mylar a common wear spot even on a fresh playfield. I've already done the same to protect the area around the fish on my Road Show, a common eject hole wear spot on that game.

Now a couple questions from this new owner!
-Are the right flippers supposed to be dual-action? My right flipper button is just a single set of blades that appears to have both flipper wires soldered to the same terminal. Converting is trivial but I'll leave it alone if that was the intended design. My Swords of Fury and Rollergames (slightly older and slightly newer, respectively) both have dedicated switch lugs for each flipper.
-My volume pot doesn't go low enough! The lowest possible volume can still be mildly headache-inducing in my quiet basement late at night. It also has a lot of crackly flat spots, as does my Rollergames. If I replaced it with a brand-new 10K pot, would that fix my volume woes or should I seek a different ohm rating?

#613 5 years ago

That's awesome as I'm looking for one as well.

5 years later
#1237 7 days ago

Made some stupid mistakes unloading my MGC trailer resulting in an accident that pretty much wrecked the head on my BK2K (repro glass included...). Shoutout to that insert panel being an absolute chad and protecting the electronics by holding the entire weight of the game off of them.

After some inspection of the damage, I am thinking that this backbox may not be worth saving. Bottom is pretty delaminated, top splintered off, and some pretty big chunks missing from the MDF on the back. I probably should be more mad about this, but to be honest, this game didn't have the best-condition cabinet to begin with.

So at this point I'm going to build it a new head. I was already planning on assembling two of them for other projects so the need of a third is just going to motivate me to get it done. Advice needed: How much of a purist should I be in designing it? The other two backboxes in the pipeline are vaguely Bally-style (side panels with rounded front corners, slight overhang, T-moulding). I like this design and it would definitely make it easier if I built three of the same backbox. On the other hand, would people be horrified by the historically incorrect backbox construction when playing the game at shows?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Oradell, NJ
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gornkleschnitzer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-club?tu=gornkleschnitzer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.