(Topic ID: 94003)

Black Knight 2000 Club - Knights of the Lightning Wheel.

By NextoPin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,244 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by cidtrip
  • Topic is favorited by 128 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

issue (resized).png
IMG_0270 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0343 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0269 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
BK2K sticker (resized).jpg
20240409_121916 (resized).jpg
IMG_0329 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240202_133818 (resized).jpg
20240201_210703 (resized).jpg
20240129_213624 (resized).jpg
20240129_213924 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcangeloel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#360 7 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday. This pin is my grail as well. I've wanted one ever since I first played it as a child in a pizza place. Question does anyone have a moment to take a picture of the way their machines flipper switches are wired. Everything in game works without issue. However, when I hit a high score and get to put in initials only the left flipper button allows me to cycle through the letters the right button does nothing. As a note the flippers flip as I'm pressing the buttons on character entry is that right? (I wouldn't think so) also the left flipper cycles the win and war letters, from memory I thought the right flipper did that. This machine is in great shape but they did some weird stuff like they put a arcade button on the front of the machine as a credit button (Took the wires right from the coin slot) no idea why they did that when free play exists but I fixed that off the bat. I only mention it as it seems like they had some idea of how to wire things (Stupidly or otherwise) so I didn't know if this would be an obvious fix. Thanks for any help. Very excited!!!

#361 7 years ago

Here are pictures of some of the switches. Any idea what those spade connectors go to?

20170414_234639 (resized).jpg20170414_234639 (resized).jpg

20170414_234629 (resized).jpg20170414_234629 (resized).jpg

20170414_234606 (resized).jpg20170414_234606 (resized).jpg

20170414_234602 (resized).jpg20170414_234602 (resized).jpg

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

The flipper circuit is not CPU controlled on this System 11B game. Pressing the flipper button will always fire the flipper solenoid if the flipper relay is enabled.
Page #94 of the manual. The backbox interconnect board schematic. The system detects when the flipper is energized in U3 on the backbox interconnect board. Check the wires. Also check if the switch registers in the switch test. It's GRN-GRY and WHT-BRN. There's a procedure for testing these. Check http://www.pinwiki.com for the details. If you connect GRN-GRY and WHT-BRN and the switch registers in the test then it's likely you need to replace U3.

Page #80 of the manual. The "memory protect" is BLK-RED and WHT. This is the coin door interlock switch. Check you coin door for the switch.

Thanks for all the help. Seems like everything is wired in correctly ty for the page number in the manual btw sometimes finding stuff can,be over whelping. I'll buy a replacement interlock switch for the door and reattach the connectors. Do you guys recommend coin taker leds for this machine? Thanks!!!

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

The flipper circuit is not CPU controlled on this System 11B game. Pressing the flipper button will always fire the flipper solenoid if the flipper relay is enabled.
Page #94 of the manual. The backbox interconnect board schematic. The system detects when the flipper is energized in U3 on the backbox interconnect board. Check the wires. Also check if the switch registers in the switch test. It's GRN-GRY and WHT-BRN. There's a procedure for testing these. Check http://www.pinwiki.com for the details. If you connect GRN-GRY and WHT-BRN and the switch registers in the test then it's likely you need to replace U3.

Page #80 of the manual. The "memory protect" is BLK-RED and WHT. This is the coin door interlock switch. Check you coin door for the switch.

Looks like I have a free floating white brown wire. Should this be hooked into the coil or eos?

20170416_203434 (resized).jpg20170416_203434 (resized).jpg

1492397281040-42662766 (resized).jpg1492397281040-42662766 (resized).jpg

1492397327877-1131261879 (resized).jpg1492397327877-1131261879 (resized).jpg

14923973496641221026819 (resized).jpg14923973496641221026819 (resized).jpg

#366 7 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

NO! Do not connect those wire to anything. Those are for switch #9 (or #21). That's "Playfield Tilt". Those wires should be left alone. Under no circumstances should you connect those to coil or EOS.
You should be able to find the EOS switch wires in the backbox at the interconnect board. U3 detects flipper coil activity and closes the (internal) switch across the GRN-GRY and WHT-BRN wires. I'm not an electronics expert but I believe it's an opto isolator that essentially is an optical switch based on voltage or current flow.

Got it, Makes sense. I will test the switch and see if it is bad and if so I will change it out (I think it's soldering in so that will be fun

#367 7 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

NO! Do not connect those wire to anything. Those are for switch #9 (or #21). That's "Playfield Tilt". Those wires should be left alone. Under no circumstances should you connect those to coil or EOS.
You should be able to find the EOS switch wires in the backbox at the interconnect board. U3 detects flipper coil activity and closes the (internal) switch across the GRN-GRY and WHT-BRN wires. I'm not an electronics expert but I believe it's an opto isolator that essentially is an optical switch based on voltage or current flow.

Any idea which connector they are on when looking at the interconnect board? I checked the opto switches using the method described on pin wiki but all of them check out. If I was to do a switch test what should I expect to see if the board does get the signal that the right flipper coil is engaged.

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

The connector information for the interconnect board is on page #94 of the manual. You can also find connection information on page #97 of the manual. According to it, you can find all the wires at 2J1. I think those connect straight to the CPU board. I say "I think" because I'm not at a BK2K to verify. It should connect to 1J8 and 1J10. You can try the Pinwiki individual switch tests for #9 (#21).
I think the only optos in this machine are on the drop target boards and aren't something you would typically test short of just raising and lowering the drop targets. The opto referred to is in the opto isolator. It's embedded in the U3 IC so there's no way you can physically test it by interrupting the beam. Again ... I'm not an circuit design and logic expert. This is my simple way of trying to understand what the IC actually does at a 10,000 foot level.
If you select the switch test (I can never remember whether it's level or edge) and you engage the flipper the switch should register. Again ... I've not tested this myself because I'm not at a machine and the BK2K I have easy access to has an alkaline damaged CPU board that I need to fix. If you press the left flipper and the switch registers that's great. If you press the right flipper and the switch doesn't register then you know that's the most likely place where the problem is.
If you just want a recommendation without doing any investigation then I'd say it's probably U3. But don't take my word for it. I've done ZERO investigation on your machine. You could just replace U3 and see if it fixes it. I wouldn't do that without having a better idea through investigation.
Ultimately it boils down to the wires that trigger U3 (is the flipper energized), the opto switch inside the IC (are the optos inside the IC fried), the connections from the IC to the switch matrix or the wires from the interconnect board to the CPU board. You mention that pretty much everything works except lane changes and high score name entry. That's most likely to be the right flipper switch registered from U3.

Man you are the champ with laying the knowledge down. Very helpful. Gave me new directions to go in. I did as you said and tested in switch edge test both left and right flipper switches. Sure enough the left displays without issue but when right flippers are engaged no change. ( See pictures for confirmation). I apologize I feel like you've explained it very well but the next step is confusing for some reason. Should I replace U3 at this point and then that in theory should fix it. Or does the fact that I press the switch and then nothing happens tell me that something is wrong with the wiring back to the interconnect or CPU board?

20170417_220254 (resized).jpg20170417_220254 (resized).jpg

20170417_220301 (resized).jpg20170417_220301 (resized).jpg

#371 7 years ago

Tested U1 U2 and U3 all three seem to have the same or very similar values. I removed the board and tested it out of the machine so I could be accurate with the dmm leads. All of them seem to be fine accordino to the test steps I followed on pin wiki. I also did the switch test. See picture below and I got switch 57 to enable by using the jumper wire by following the steps on pin wiki. I also checked that wiring harness for continunity on each wire and they seemed to have solid connections. Could U3 still be bad and maybe just the test I did was wrong ( I do have a cheapo dmm but it does have a diode/ continuity test. Any other ideas. Dang, I feel like we aren't to far away on this one.

Quoted from DumbAss:

You've established that switch #58 (or #82) registers. Great. You've established that the switch #57 (or #81) does not register.
I apologize for specify #9 (or #21) above. I was confusing it with the previous request for the switch color wires for the playfield tilt.
You still haven't established where in the path of switch #57 it is broken. There are two things that can try to gain more confidence.
1) Do the 4N25 optocoupler test from Pinwiki.
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_System_9_-_11#4N25_Opto_Couplers_in_the_Switch_Matrix
You know the left flipper works so verify that U2 is "good". You know the right flipper does not work so verify that U3 is "bad".
2) Do the switch matrix row/column test from Pinwiki. You can focus on column #8 specifically for row #1 and row #2.
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_System_9_-_11#Switch_problems
This will ensure that the CPU can actually detect switches #57 and #58. I suspect there's nothing wrong on this side of the optocoupler and the CPU switch matrix is fine. To be sure though you should test it.
If I were a betting person I'd bet that U3 is "bad".

20170417_232658 (resized).jpg20170417_232658 (resized).jpg

20170417_215829 (resized).jpg20170417_215829 (resized).jpg

#372 7 years ago

I ordered a new interconnect board off of Marco specialty (The more I look at this board the more I start to wonder (Lot's of interesting wiring jobs on the back of it). along with a flipper rebuild kit and a cabinet switch (The one I have is pretty worn out). I'll report back and see if any of those things fix it. (God I hope So).

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

This should fix it. The interconnect board on a lot of System 11 machines has burned GI and that's likely the wiring jobs you're seeing. If the new board doesn't fix the problem then there's something elsewhere that was missed.
If you don't want the old interconnect consider selling it rather than tossing it. Or perhaps use it for learning but I wouldn't advise that because I think that board sounds repairable. I would learn on a board that's not repairable. If you're going to toss it I'll send you postage for a flat-rate box to have it mailed to me. I'll fix it. I don't have a spare interconnect board and could use one for differential diagnosis.

Dang, Dang, Dang. I installed the new interconnect board, new eos switch with capacitor and a new cabinet switch (Just in case). Still no luck . However the new interconnect board seems to have a new feature. It has leds that light up to tell you when certain things (Should be active). IE when I activate the left lane change, I find an LED lights up and then I see on the screen game information. However when I go the right the flippers activate but, no led light leading me to believe the signal isn't getting to the board in the first place although how the flipper could flip and that switch not activate is beyond me at this point. which connector on the interconnect board connects the flipper switch to the interconnect board? Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks!

#376 7 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

Dang, Dang, Dang. I installed the new interconnect board, new eos switch with capacitor and a new cabinet switch (Just in case). Still no luck . However the new interconnect board seems to have a new feature. It has leds that light up to tell you when certain things (Should be active). IE when I activate the left lane change, I find an LED lights up and then I see on the screen game information. However when I go the right the flippers activate but, no led light leading me to believe the signal isn't getting to the board in the first place although how the flipper could flip and that switch not activate is beyond me at this point. which connector on the interconnect board connects the flipper switch to the interconnect board? Anyone have any other ideas?
Thanks!

I have the old board in hand now and using a continuity test I traced the right most pin on connector J10 (To Cabinet) it seems to connect directly to one of the legs on U3. is there any way to check that wire to make sure it is working?

#377 7 years ago

Got it working!!! See the pictures. I noticed when looking in the back box one wire being joined with a wire nut (I was certain it didn't come from the factory like that). And another wire soldered together with electrical tape covering the join. I inspected the color of the wires and noticed one was the same color of the wire that was in the cabinet for the right flipper switch. The other wire was the 50v to the right flipper coil. I took a look at those wiring jobs I mentioned in my last post and sure enough those wires being joined were originally on the board but because of two burned traces (which they tried to fix, very poorly if I might add) and when that didn't work they simply joined the wires together and then turned the machine on. They thought it worked so all done (Left a nice little mess for me to clean up) all working correctly now. If this happens to anyone else check the connectors on the interconnect board and make sure nothing is missing as it was likely a poor fix by someone not trying to spend $100 on the new board. Very excited it's fixed!

20170421_125706 (resized).jpg20170421_125706 (resized).jpg

20170421_125659 (resized).jpg20170421_125659 (resized).jpg

20170421_125652 (resized).jpg20170421_125652 (resized).jpg

20170421_123710 (resized).jpg20170421_123710 (resized).jpg

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Good job dude. Theres nothing wrong with doing trace repairs, if you do it correctly!

Thanks man, yeah I agree. In this case they tried. It didn't work so they just rigged it together and left it for me to fix

6 months later
#444 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Got new parts from Marco to overhaul my new game, even though it plays quite well, but after watching a youtube video, I was wondering what coils you guys use for the flippers? The manual says to use FL-11630, but when I was watching a youtube video of GRC Pinball showing off the black knight 2000 for christmas, they said they put in FL-11629 to make it snappier, and for the long shots the right flippers make both upper and lower. I happen to have two new 29 coils that I had for my Black Rose, any thoughts on putting these coils in place over the stock 30s?
Thank you for your input.

I use 29's on both the botton right and upper flipper. It makes that long shot up to the upper playfield much easier. Also loops and getting balls up the drawbridge ramp is much easier. I got the same idea from that same video haha.

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Great pinball minds think alike!! No issues with broken plastics due to the stronger solenoid?
Jason

None and I've played close to 500 games on my own and we had leauge over here recently, worked great all night. No issues.

2 months later
#454 6 years ago

Does anyone think they will have reproduction play fields for Bk2k one day. Sure would be nice

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Believe there is a repro being worked on overseas. Can't recall at the moment who mentioned it. (Mirco or Peter?)

Did you have any links or anything about it? Just curious. It would be very awesome. I wonder what the cost would be roughly? MY hope would be sub $1,000 but that might be unrealistic given it's a full sized pf and a mini pf.

1 month later
#492 6 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

The game I picked up is pretty beat but my magna save plastic is OK. Now that I know this is a typical plastic to break I'll protect it. What other plastics / parts are typical problem areas on this game?

The corners on the slingshots at the bottom tend to break off (Like with most games) so put some plastic washers on those to keep them nice. I think all the other plastics on mine are in pretty good shape but yeah play field wear is pretty common on this game. I am excited for the Micro reproduction BK2K Playfield to come out (Should be sometime soon).

2 months later
#518 5 years ago

If anyone has a lower play field that looks pretty good (I know lots of people are about to buy up the repro play fields that are coming out), Please PM me as I would be interested. Ideally I'd buy a repro one as well but that doesn't seem to be in the cards. Thanks!

2 months later
#556 5 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find a upper play field kick stand or whatever it's called lol. Mine doesn't have one so I normally have to prop it up with something while working on it Also does anyone know of the upper to lower wireform for sale that doesn't have the piece of support metal broken off. Mine is in decent shape with the exception of that support piece that attaches to the screw near the magna-save.

1 week later
#559 5 years ago

Still looking for these parts if anyone has them. I've created a wanted ad as well.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-upper-pf-kick-stand-and-upper-to-lower-pf-wireform-

1 week later
#567 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

New switch will clean up the issue. Mine was the same way... then it would miss slightly more... finally people started to complain to me about it. So I replaced the switch and all is well.

This 100%. Micro switches are pretty resilient but over time through use and dirt and such getting into the switch the little button on them tends to get stuck or makes it slow to go down or reset. Replacing it is the best solution as I have done that and in idk over 1000 games on my bk2k I've never had it miss when it was lit also nice to see another bk2k owner here in VA

1 month later
#588 5 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Ok how many of you guys are also looking for the wireform ramp going upper to lower playfield?

I'm looking for one as well. One of the legs on mine broke off (Before I got the game) and all three should be installed to give it max stability. I'd buy one if someone was selling one (That wasn't broken lol).

Also still looking for the small metal kick stand for the upper pf as mine did not come with one.

#591 5 years ago

There was a guy on here who was saying (I think) he could make them for $40 (each) but he would need one of us to send him the wire form off of our game. I am willing to do this but mine is missing the leg on the right (The one that attaches over top of or near the magna-save plastic. If I am able to get this guys attention would you guys be willing to buy one for that price? ( I was thinking maybe I'll have him make 10 or something ). I sent the guy a message but he hasn't logged in since may so I won't hold my breath Let me see if I can find someone local who can make them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-lower-wireform-chute-for-black-knight-2000

#594 5 years ago
Quoted from catkins:

In short, yes!
Since this is a vulnerable part, it would be nice if a vendor or two kept some in stock, as well, since these will likely fail on "good" tables, at some point.

Cool, I have sent this request off to various local welders to see if they can build it. I am assuming I'll have to get someone else to chrome the batch and then I'll have to source the spring with a rubber tip (Looks like a door stopped might work for this if I can find the right size lol). I will report back once I get some responses. Thanks!

#595 5 years ago

Interesting, one of the welders wants me to bring him the part to see if he can make it. He seems to think it is stainless steel. What do you guys think.

#597 5 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

I'd be willing to purchase 1 is these were made...

Very cool, I plan on ordering 5 or 10 for the initial batch. My hope is if they turn out well I can get a bunch made and see if we can get them in stock with the usual suspects (I'm hoping to keep the cost down though).

#599 5 years ago

Interesting... I didn't know they were made from 303 stainless. Also he seems to think they can be attached to each other using silver solder? I thought all this stuff was welded together. Would silver solder really have enough strength to hold a wire form together?

#602 5 years ago

So I am starting to get back quotes on these from the welders (For example see picture). I feel like at 150 to 200 a pop no one would be interested as that doesn't even include shipping or the spring and rubber part. However that is just the first quote I got back so who knows
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#604 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Keep it going. I'm in for one if it's nice and chrome and true to original.

So it looks like they would be stainless (Which is what the welders claim they are originally made of, my guess is we could discuss chroming but that would drive the cost up even more). I'd like to see if I can get this thing built for the shipped price of $65 (My guess is that would put the per unit price around $50 or so). I've got several requests for estimates out to local welding shops and as I get more details I will keep you guys updated.

response (resized).pngresponse (resized).png

#607 5 years ago

Yes we're on the same page concerning the part. It's the part that attached to the right sling. It has three hooks for screws. Yeah no worries, I'm not giving up let's see what other estimates come in.

Quoted from catkins:

For me, the price ($200) is a little high for the size. Just to make sure -- I'm not interested in the 10" piece that catches the ball after the W-A-R rollovers -- just the ~7" one with the springs and mount (to the slings). A higher price certainly ups the ante in terms of investment (maybe a smaller run?), but serious owners/collectors are used to paying a premium for custom replacement (or NOS) metal. Springs (like these) are easier to find than a custom made piece of chromed metal. I can transfer my springs from the old piece to the new one. One could get by just fine with something close to the original springs, but there's nothing close enough to the habitrail.
As many painfully realize, sources for quality table parts are drying up. A happy side-effect of ever increasing table prices is a tolerance for higher replacement part cost. I'm 100% still interested in a replacement part, even if I have to chrome it myself.

#608 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

How hard a shot is it to get the ball back up to the upper playfield. I recently got everything working, and I am not sure if it’s still a weak right lower flipper or is it just not the easiest shot getting it back up? I thought for sure mine was still weak, i played it at another location and it was way harder..

Recently I've fixed this. Make sure the flipper switch on the cabinet is gapped correctly and the eos is gapped correctly as well. I put FL-11629s in mine as well but to be honest it's made it like stupidly powerful. Like on a scale of 1 to 10 its like a 9.5 I mean they are strong AF. Makes the back handing on the spin VUK and the long ramp shot much easier. However if you go that route make sure you resolve the weakness issue first as just adding a new coil won't fix it lol.

#611 5 years ago

Welcome to the club! regarding the flippers, yes it is designed to have only one flipper switch not a stacked switch. The lower right flipper has a ganged eos which when flipped closes the outer most eos and gives power to the upper flipper. This is as designed. Other items, I agree, mine doesn't go very low. However it gets pretty quiet (Like I can easily hear the flippers over top the volume) so I would think a new pot on your game is in order.

Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

That area might be an indication of success, but definitely still use a healthy amount of care and caution if you do decide to pull it. I just bought myself a BK2K (hello club btw!) on which the previous owner attempted mylar removal and it went terribly wrong. Mirco planned for next year when my pinball budget resets.
My Magna-Save has exactly the same deep wear spot, and I believe what I'm going to do about that is drop a mylar circle in the center of it on the new PF. I can't speak for everybody but I would definitely mylar a common wear spot even on a fresh playfield. I've already done the same to protect the area around the fish on my Road Show, a common eject hole wear spot on that game.
Now a couple questions from this new owner!
-Are the right flippers supposed to be dual-action? My right flipper button is just a single set of blades that appears to have both flipper wires soldered to the same terminal. Converting is trivial but I'll leave it alone if that was the intended design. My Swords of Fury and Rollergames (slightly older and slightly newer, respectively) both have dedicated switch lugs for each flipper.
-My volume pot doesn't go low enough! The lowest possible volume can still be mildly headache-inducing in my quiet basement late at night. It also has a lot of crackly flat spots, as does my Rollergames. If I replaced it with a brand-new 10K pot, would that fix my volume woes or should I seek a different ohm rating?

#612 5 years ago

To those waiting eagerly for the wire form, I am still working with various local companies to find the best work/ deal. I am hoping to get another quote back today.

3 weeks later
#616 5 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

I can probably get you a quote from one of my guys in china, but I would need to draw it up in solidworks, and I don’t have an original to work from...

I'd be interested in this. Let's Chat

#617 5 years ago

As an update I finally have a local who I am working with who will be making three of these for me. One for my game one as a model and one for someone else so we can confirm the dimensions are right. Not cheap sadly, $175 just for the metal part not including shipping. My guess is these will be $200 or so shipped. Hopefully if Bob can get one of the models and get it into the CAD software and off to China or wherever perhaps we could get a better price. Either way it beats the broken ones we are currently dealing with.

#621 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Does the flipper coil need the plunger spring if it has the newer type return spring. ( it was on there ) Could that be zapping power
[quoted image]

Yeah take that off if you've upgraded to the side springs. You no longer need it and it can cause problems with the plunger and also make the flippers weak.

#623 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Does anyone have a photo of their lower right flipper coil and switches?
Mine has and eos and a second switch I thought it was for lane change but in the Manual it’s only a single switch in the diagrams

Yes thats correct. The ganges eos switch on the bottom right flipper is the eos for the bottom right flipper and it also supplies power to the upper right flipper. All lane changes are done via opto couplers on the interconnect board.

2 months later
#646 5 years ago
Quoted from Davefinn:

Did you ever find an upper playfield prop rod (kickstand)? Mine is missing as well...

Sadly no, it like the lower pf wireforn are just not around.

1 month later
#655 5 years ago

I removed Mylar from mine and ruined all the inserts. I had to remove each insert, put in new sanded ones, replace the decals. Clear coat both top and bottom and then.... they ended up shifting somehow (I glued the hell out of them so I don't know). That made the clear move under the play field which made shit bumpy and me extra, extra pissed. That was all caused by dicking around with the mylar (I used the freeze spray method and was super careful but it still pulled up the edges of the inserts / the cracking on the insert decals didn't come off). The happy ending so to speak is that I installed one of those PF protectors from Germany and the bumpy issues I was having are gone for the most part and it makes the game look super nice (Sort of a glossy finish). Put a very light coat of novus 2 on the PF protector and it played just as fast as it did when it was on the regular play field.

My point being, leave the mylar alone unless you are some sort of expert and do put a pf protector overtop of it. It moves but barely I would highly doubt it would hurt the existing lifting.

#657 5 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Sorry to hear this tale of woe. Take heed, all. As they say -- "better" is the enemy of "good enough".

Ha Yup, just one of those things. Live and learn. If I was to go back I would have not touched the mylar at all! I'd say this is probably an extreme example (I had much much better results removing the mylar on my Pinbot). However I still lost some insert details (Small stuff but still). I personally would leave it alone!

1 month later
#673 5 years ago

Quick question, does anyone elses bottom right coil get hot AF? I've rebuilt the flipper but it is super hot even after a short game (8 to 10 min or so). After that it seems to lose power. I've described my woes regarding this here but to no avil. Curious if that coil gets super hot on everyone game. (Like burn your hand to touch kind of hot). https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bk2k-hot-lower-right-flipper-also-gets-weak

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,500 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcangeloel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-club?tu=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.