(Topic ID: 94003)

Black Knight 2000 Club - Knights of the Lightning Wheel.

By NextoPin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,245 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by cidtrip
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

issue (resized).png
IMG_0270 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0343 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0269 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
BK2K sticker (resized).jpg
20240409_121916 (resized).jpg
IMG_0329 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240202_133818 (resized).jpg
20240201_210703 (resized).jpg
20240129_213624 (resized).jpg
20240129_213924 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackbeard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#706 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Do I have a bad display? The top row started doing 666 this on me. Before I order a PinScore replacement, I was wondering if there was something else I should check? Wish they made that display in White LEDs but doesn’t look like it. Not sure I’ll love the RED.
I have some some other weird issues too:
1. The GHT bank isn’t resetting after drop
2. the three switches in the draw bridge aren’t registering. Goes into ball search mode to kick it out of there.
3. The A of WAR doesn’t ever register.
I was assuming lose wires initially but it sure seems like a lot went wrong quickly. Any thoughts?
[quoted image]

I’m assuming you reseated the ribbon cable correct?

#708 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

No, I haven't checked anything yet. The display just started doing this during a game. Turned the game off and back on and its been like this ever since. Is the ribbon a common problem? Thanks for the pointer, I'll check when I get home tonight.

Yes, they're generally problematic.

What I would do: turn game on so you can view the display. Open backbox, and wiggle the display's ribbon cable at both ends. See if you can get the problem to correct itself. Be careful when you're messing in the backbox with power on though.

It just may need to be reseated (pulled off/put on) a few times.

This is the first place to start.

#710 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

thank you very much Blackbeard. That corrected the issue with the top row display. While I was in the there I made my RANSOM lights not green. The game came to me that way and its much nicer with white in there now. I also reseated the connectors for my drop target bank and ball lock switchboard and that solved both those issues too.
New Issue -
Looking closely at the display now, it seems like the top row is noticeably dimmer than the bottom row. Any thoughts on that? Are those high voltage lines like DMD use? Why would top be different than bottom though if its a power input issue?

It could be voltage issues although I think your hypothesis is correct in that the dimming would be uniform. How are the two large caps on the power supply board? Are they the old brown ones? Or have they been rebuilt? Test voltage on ps board at the test points. I believe there are 3 points.

Also, you may just need a new display ribbon cable.

Orrr your displays may be gassing out.

4 years later
#1111 5 months ago

Picking up a bk2k this weekend!

Seller isn’t a pinball guy but said he has a plastic set.

I read there are two different sets for this, with the main differences around the war inserts.

Are these plastics interchangeable?

#1115 5 months ago

Going to look at one today and likely buy.

Common things to look for?

#1117 5 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

PF wear is the big one. BUT… there are repro PFs available now.
if you don’t want to do a swap look out for cloudy inserts. These games were pretty notorious for the inserts getting really funky under the Mylar and you CANNOT easily remove Mylar from this game without insert loss.
Also broken or missing wire forms. Aside from that tho I don’t think much else that can go too wrong that you can’t replace.

thanks.

Picked one up this weekend. Everything sees to work fine. Absolutely love this game. So fast and love the ruleset with the different types of multiballs. Need to shop it.

Easily a top 5 system 11 for me.

#1119 5 months ago
Quoted from topkat:

Great sound track and a very exciting sound/light display at the start of 3 ball multiball

Haven't even gotten there yet.

I love short ball times and difficult multiball!!

1 week later
#1139 5 months ago

About to shop mine. Anyone have any thoughts on starting w the bottom pf first? Or vice versa?

#1143 5 months ago

Interesting problem I’m seeing:

2 balls locked, and on final ball, Last Chance not lighting and activating. It’s not a light issue as lights work fine. I’m under the impression that last chance should lite and if drain from sides, the 2 balls should unlock.

I tested the switches up top with balls, and they work fine.

Any thoughts?

#1145 5 months ago
Quoted from Initiative:

Last Chance only lights/qualifies if you lock the second ball on ball 3. In other words, if you already have 2 balls locked at the start of ball 3, Last Chance is not lit/qualified (by design/rule)

Thanks! I’ll test and post back if I’m still having issues. Appreciate the response!

#1148 5 months ago
Quoted from topkat:

Funny how playing machines goes in spurts for me. But I play bk2k more than Godzilla. I think the system 11s are more my style.

I can’t seem to get into more advanced pins. Too many rules. Too many modes. Too many multi balls.

System 11s are such better games. It’s more about beating a high score than anything else. Best era.

1 week later
#1157 4 months ago

So I’m shopping mine.
The 4 clear large star posts between the u turn are of course lock-tited.

I’ve had luck in the past using a soldering iron to heat the base of the post from under pf, while working the screw from the top.

The issue is that the upper pf has to be up to work the screw, so I can’t simultaneously heat the bottom of post due to pf needing to be down cause upper pf is up! I hope this makes sense.

Anyone with thoughts? I’m thinking about positioning a hair dryer under pf to hit those posts, then close pf, raise the upper, and see if I can get them out.

Any ideas would be great.

2 weeks later
#1170 4 months ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Has anyone successfully removed the playfield mylar? Or is this playfield art suicide in the making?
Thanks.

I did w a pinbot and it was fine. Went slow w freeze spray and orange spray to remove glue.

I debated this w my bk2k, but my inserts are a little raised in spots and the mylar helps ball flow. I’d have to lower inserts etc and I’m lazy right now.

#1173 4 months ago

Post before n afters.

#1175 4 months ago

Let’s see pics. It’s prob not as bad as ya think.

#1176 4 months ago

Anyone have an extra wire form for sale? The right side one that runs from upper to lower pf?

#1177 4 months ago

So I tried super gluing bits together, which held up for a few weeks.

Went to a welding shop and they kinda dismissed wanting to help.

So I tried some super high gauge wire and a little solder and works perfect.

Just had to make sure the amount of wiring didn’t affect ball placement on egress.

IMG_5984 (resized).jpegIMG_5984 (resized).jpegIMG_5989 (resized).jpegIMG_5989 (resized).jpeg
#1180 3 months ago
Quoted from ODENONMYSIDE513:

Loganpinball was making new wireforms form upper to lower, I bought one a few years ago and it work great, looks factory too

He seems to be deactivated. I'd love to grab a non ugly one though. Who knows how long my fix will hold for.

ANyone selling one?

#1181 3 months ago

Where would one purchase the little brackets that need to be riveted onto the plastic topper?

I have the topper, just no mounts.

#1183 3 months ago

Something cool i picked up playing tonight that I didn’t know about:

During double knights challenge, it’s a bitch spelling WAR while maintaining 2 balls and toggling the WAR rollovers.

I noticed that if I lock a ball in the double knights lock (far right lower pf), the game will hold that ball for like 10 seconds while I’m guiding the WAR rollovers and my single ball. Very helpful! Only having one ball going makes it much easier to spell WAR.

#1186 3 months ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

I have one of the ones Logan made. You are welcome to it. I just won't be home to ship it to you till end of January...

Pm sent. Thank you!

#1189 3 months ago

So are you redecaling the inserts, or actually trying to repaint the lettering??

#1192 3 months ago

No decals. The rings and lettering is gloss black enamel.

Are you just free handing them ? They look great so far!

1 month later
#1197 81 days ago

Eww you’re selling used rubbers.

#1200 75 days ago

I have a lotta time on most system 11 pins. BK2K is tops for me.

It's fast. I love that about it. Different multiballs with different objectives. The light show and sounds are top notch.

Loop awards. Spelling RANSOM! And, contrairy to what some may say, theres much more going on than just right flipper. Hit the uturn a few times and start Knights Challenge. Million points for spelling WAR. A great player of this game will utilize that. Not just rely on keeping the ball up top.

To me, the game is a keeper. I cannot believe it's taken me so long to own one.

Buy.

Somewhat hard to find, cause it's sought after. I lucked out finding mine at the price I did.

#1203 74 days ago

The 2-ball multi-ball (Double Knight's Challenge) is so hard, but yet so rewarding if you can collect some millions,

A little helpful tip, if you didn't know already: when DK challenge is going on, shoot a ball into the DB Challenge hole. The game will hold the ball there for like 10 seconds. THEN, you only have to contend with 1 single ball to light WAR. Just easier with the one ball locked for a bit.

#1205 74 days ago

Yeah I am aware of that. But IMO, that ten second timer is not long enough to even set up a meaningful strategy or the shots to go for the million with the single ball. I wonder if there is an adjustment to lengthen that timer in the adjustments? I think 20 seconds would be more meaningful.

Not sure its adjustable. But i'd agree its short lived.

Just a fantastic pin. Taxi and pinbot are my close seconds, but man.. BK2K is a masterpiece imo.

2 weeks later
#1211 56 days ago

Help guys!!

The knight isn’t singing! Yes, during a game, the music/theme song is playing, but the ladies singing isn’t there!

Everything works correct in sound test and music test. It’s just not singing during a game.

Any ideas? I don’t have the power and I don’t have might currently. Help!

#1212 53 days ago

So i think my music issue isn't an issue. The singing comes on (you know, "you got the power... you got the might") usually further along in the game, like ball 2 or 3. The music is always going.. just no singing.

Can someone confirm this is normal? Maybe the singing only is triggered by certain things? Or what ball you're on?

#1213 53 days ago

Man two posts and nothin.

This club is kinda beat.

#1218 48 days ago

Yep, I sold my used rubbers.

Desperate times…

3 weeks later
#1230 22 days ago

Can anyone verify if there should be 3 mounting tabs to the wireform that delivers the ball to right flipper area?

The manual shows 2, but someone is stating there originally was 3? I wasn't aware..

Are there 2 or 3?

1 week later
#1238 14 days ago
Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:Made some stupid mistakes unloading my MGC trailer resulting in an accident that pretty much wrecked the head on my BK2K (repro glass included...). Shoutout to that insert panel being an absolute chad and protecting the electronics by holding the entire weight of the game off of them.
After some inspection of the damage, I am thinking that this backbox may not be worth saving. Bottom is pretty delaminated, top splintered off, and some pretty big chunks missing from the MDF on the back. I probably should be more mad about this, but to be honest, this game didn't have the best-condition cabinet to begin with.
So at this point I'm going to build it a new head. I was already planning on assembling two of them for other projects so the need of a third is just going to motivate me to get it done. Advice needed: How much of a purist should I be in designing it? The other two backboxes in the pipeline are vaguely Bally-style (side panels with rounded front corners, slight overhang, T-moulding). I like this design and it would definitely make it easier if I built three of the same backbox. On the other hand, would people be horrified by the historically incorrect backbox construction when playing the game at shows?

This guy is selling a used gutted Fire! Cab and backbox.

https://www.facebook.com/share/ZhT9xNwnCvPtts5P/?mibextid=79PoIi

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackbeard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-club?tu=blackbeard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.