(Topic ID: 94003)

Black Knight 2000 Club - Knights of the Lightning Wheel.

By NextoPin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,245 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by cidtrip
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

issue (resized).png
IMG_0270 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0343 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0269 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
BK2K sticker (resized).jpg
20240409_121916 (resized).jpg
IMG_0329 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240202_133818 (resized).jpg
20240201_210703 (resized).jpg
20240129_213624 (resized).jpg
20240129_213924 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Strohz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#215 8 years ago

Not sure if these help, but some shots from my last shop job of that area that show a lot of the routing. The yellow wires definitely go to the pop bumpers, but my angle doesn't reveal all the details.

underneaath_72_(resized).jpgunderneaath_72_(resized).jpg

underneath__68_(resized).jpgunderneath__68_(resized).jpg

underneath_71_(resized).jpgunderneath_71_(resized).jpg

#217 8 years ago

Cool, I figured you might see enough from those to piece it together. Good luck with the rest, especially that 3-target bank

2 years later
#483 6 years ago

Thanks for posting, looks great!

6 months later
#564 5 years ago

I have a technical question for the group. My BK2K kickback (on the left hand outlane) misses the ball now and then, it rolls right by when it's lit. However, it works 9 out of 10 times so everything mechanically works, and it's a microswitch and not an opto. Interestingly it doesn't seem to matter if it is fast or slow, and the switch works normally in test mode. But once in a while during gameplay it doesn't register/try to fire which can be frustrating. I've been told before that's just the way it is on this title, but can anyone else confirm that? If not, any ideas on what to check?

Thanks!

#568 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

New switch will clean up the issue.

Quoted from darcangeloel:

Replacing it is the best solution as I have done that and in idk over 1000 games on my bk2k I've never had it miss when it was lit

Awesome, thanks guys will give that a try. Since it works fine in test mode I didn't think that was it. I'll report back when I'm done and see.

#572 5 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

My BK2K kickback (on the left hand outlane) misses the ball now and then, it rolls right by when it's lit.

I just wanted to follow up my original post to let others know that it was a flaky switch in case they have the same problem in the future. I assumed the switch was fine since it worked 100% in test mode, but I took a few minutes to swap it out with a new one and it hasn't missed since. Thanks for the advice!

#575 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Can anyone help with the correct layout for plastics in this spot?

Attached is a pic of the drawbridge area. It looks like you have the upper matching. That mystery plastic goes underneath and covers those plastic posts. Hopefully you can see it as it was hard to photograph that area.

Drawbridge.jpgDrawbridge.jpgPlastic.jpgPlastic.jpg
11 months later
#695 4 years ago

Nice! Is this a one-off, or does that mean BK2K is going to get the same kind of attention your Getaway has with all those mods and sound packages?

1 month later
#700 4 years ago

You need to remove the screw in the center of the backboard (by the t-shirt decal if you have it), then just lift up on it *slowly* from the back. There is a metal prop rod underneath to hold it up. Be careful of the right wire form as it has that springy end for a reason, and watch the large plastic on the left as I snapped it in half opening it up before. Hope that makes sense...

#702 4 years ago

Here, found a photo showing it:

EA9072DD-C0D2-422A-B05C-16A69B661F95 (resized).jpegEA9072DD-C0D2-422A-B05C-16A69B661F95 (resized).jpeg
4 years later
#1163 4 months ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Will definitely have to check that out when I get back to work on it. The KNI and GHT lights getting hot and melting is the bigger issue I’m trying to tend to at the moment.

I had the same problem on a different game and it was the transistor driving them had blown. Check and see if both lights are fed by the same one as that might be the culprit.

You can find how to test them here: https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Williams_System_9_-_11#Controlled_Lamp_Issues

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.99
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

4,500 (OBO)
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Strohz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-club?tu=Strohz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.