(Topic ID: 94003)

Black Knight 2000 Club - Knights of the Lightning Wheel.

By NextoPin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,227 posts
  • 227 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Gedc
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240202_133818 (resized).jpg
20240201_210703 (resized).jpg
20240129_213624 (resized).jpg
20240129_213924 (resized).jpg
20240129_214922 (resized).jpg
IMG_5984 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 25.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from BriPin:

Oh man I feel your pain. You should definitely reach out to Kevin at CPR. He was very quick to address my issues and my replacement is already on its way (fingers crossed). It seems like his guys are mishandling these things and are careless during fabrication as I had some crap that had gotten trapped in between paint layers as well.

Mine is on the way too. Hope to have no issues with it, As you say my fingers are crossed too.

1 week later
#402 6 years ago

Mine showed up today, Great packaging by the way. But a few flaws on mine also, Overall nice. Some marks in art and some art off of its lines. My horse has yellow top teeth and white bottom teeth, These are white top and bottom on my original. Sending an email off to them, I am sure they will work it out.

IMG_2699[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2699[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_2692[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2692[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_2694[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2694[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_2693[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2693[1] (resized).JPG

#403 6 years ago

Pic of original horse teeth.

IMG_2700[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2700[1] (resized).JPG

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

The photos on the CPR site in the photo gallery also show the yellow teeth on top and white on the bottom. Honestly, I probably would not have noticed, but I wonder if they were all done like this. The scratches and paint issues are a bigger problem. Hope you can get it worked out!

Chris

#405 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

The photos on the CPR site in the photo gallery also show the yellow teeth on top and white on the bottom. Honestly, I probably would not have noticed, but I wonder if they were all done like this. The scratches and paint issues are a bigger problem. Hope you can get it worked out!
Chris

Me too, Been a day with no response to my email, But will give them some time to respond to it.

#406 6 years ago

Mine had some bad black ink drips on it - Got a reply the next day with a new one on the way.

#407 6 years ago

Wow man, it sure sounds like CPR's quality AND quality control has turned to shit... Thank goodness my original backglass is still minty!

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

Mine had some bad black ink drips on it - Got a reply the next day with a new one on the way.

I got an email from CPR, They told me to return it and they will refund my money. More pix attached....

Email From Kevin at CPR,,,, sent on 6-29-17 @ 7:06pm

"Glass in backbox. Turn the machine on. Stand at the coin door. Heck, even stand halfway down the side of the machine. Look and gaze. That's the glass. Not closeups @ 6 inches "

ME,,
Hey Kevin the close ups are for you to see the issues. I was at the coin door when I noticed the quality of the back glass.

ME,,
I did not buy this backglass to think I was getting something for nothing out of it. Another thing I posted my issue before attack7,, So I'm not trying to pile on, the quality just isn't good.

From Kevin at CPR sent on 6-29-17 @ 7:06pm

"I assure you these aren't seconds. We had ONE guy who had black droplets that (well-hiddenly) blobbed onto his panel - and we had grabbed it from the rack and packed it. We replaced it immediately. He's already spoken up on Pinside. Once a handful of people begin to pile on, it creates the feeling of run-wide panic or an issue. It's unfortunate. All we can do is point to our gallery on our web site and say "here is what we are selling - with all the closeups - a randomly chosen panel from the rack (not a cherry)".

ME,,
There is more then ONE guy that has had issues. I haven't even said one thing about the mirror finish, That it has none, It looks like gray, The black area has more reflection then the mirror finished areas. Not one thing mentioned about the yellow teeth on the horse, Just send it back if your not happy (pay for it to ship back and be out $40 to just look at a back glass).

There is more to the email about how the whole process works and all.

IMG_2694[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2694[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_2698[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2698[1] (resized).JPG

#409 6 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

I've been waiting for this day to come. I've been wanting a new back glass, but I can't get past the yellow teeth. I would never buy one now.

Has CPR ever done a recall for poor quality like this?

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

Has CPR ever done a recall for poor quality like this?

They got a lot of flack for the space shuttle backglass being darker, and then the sling plastics were a different blue. Don't know if they ever took any back.

#411 6 years ago

Anyone recall if the Alan Meyer BK2K backglasses had these types of issues?

#412 6 years ago

Picked up this dirty knight a few months ago, he was shrink wrapped and covered in filth, I had no idea what was in there BUT it was cheap enough to roll the dice. Got him home unwrapped him, and was pretty happy with what I got. Playfield was filthy but was in pretty nice shape under all that dirt.
Two days later I had a back spasm that resulted in the discovery I needed neck surgery. So now I wait, in recovery, to get back to work.
Already bought a new plastic set, CPR Backglass (there was no glass) and a huge box of parts from a guy that had a parts machine. Still need the display. I will share the progress with you, and will probably have a few questions along the way. I have a month of recovery left then it begins!

20170409_011530 (resized).jpg20170409_011530 (resized).jpg

20170409_010445 (resized).jpg20170409_010445 (resized).jpg

20170409_011541 (resized).jpg20170409_011541 (resized).jpg

20170707_194625 (resized).jpg20170707_194625 (resized).jpg

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

will probably have a few questions along the way

Plenty of pinsiders in the chicago area that own this game if you need to look at a physical machine that photos can't help.

#414 6 years ago

Was that a flood machine? The playfield looks like the games that got flooded at PAPA years ago. Not aying it is, but you might want to watch what the dirt may be.

Best of luck with the restore, and I hope all goes well with your back recovery!

Chris

#415 6 years ago

Hey all...

Potentially looking to part with a 95% restored BK. It's been sitting for 6 months without me touching it.

Here's the ad
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/51713

Contact me if you want to discuss. Has the potential, with a few hours' work, to be a stunning machine. I just can't motivate myself to get those few hours together.

1 month later
#416 6 years ago

Just joined today! Picked up a great one along with a space shuttle! Only issues so far are weak upper playfield flipper (really lousy soldering job is likely the culprit) and a number of lines missing on the lower display.

#417 6 years ago
Quoted from Piratedan200:

Just joined today! Picked up a great one along with a space shuttle! Only issues so far are weak upper playfield flipper (really lousy soldering job is likely the culprit) and a number of lines missing on the lower display.

That's a heck of a combo! I had the same two side-by-side for a while myself, until I traded my BK2K for a T2. Fantastic games, GIMME YOUR MONEY

#418 6 years ago

How is the upper flipper supposed to behave? Mine's weak and only fires momentarily, even if I hold it down to keep it from hitting EOS. I touched up all the solder joints and removed the capacitor on the EOS switch, and it's still doing the same thing.

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from Piratedan200:

How is the upper flipper supposed to behave?

Should behave like a normal flipper. Gotta smack that ball around the loop or up the drawbridge ramp...

#420 6 years ago

I think my problem is twofold: weak connection on coils across the board and no low power coil on the upper flipper. If I hold the EOS switch open, nothing happens at all. I'll have to put my meter on the coil tomorrow and see if it's bad. Then on to checking connectors! I noticed that sometimes the flipper power would be fine, and sometimes it would be weak (shots off the right flipper from a held ball couldn't make it up the ramp), so there must be something loose somewhere!

#421 6 years ago

Got it! Turned out to be the normally open EOS switch on the right lower flipper. Polished up the contacts and adjusted it a little, and the upper flipper was back to normal! And with it finally having enough kick, I got to experience my first king's ransom soon after, what a rush!

#423 6 years ago

Question.
I have LU-2 Rom.
I have one shot for Jackpot and not more. Possible the open the Drawnbridge but nothing happen after I shoot inside. Is there any other Rom can solve this issue?
The challenge is less than I expected.. only one shot for Jackpot.. not enough.

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from onlydjz:

Question.
I have LU-2 Rom.
I have one shot for Jackpot and not more. Possible the open the Drawnbridge but nothing happen after I shoot inside. Is there any other Rom can solve this issue?
The challenge is less than I expected.. only one shot for Jackpot.. not enough.

That's it. After you get the Jackpot, you have to get Multiball again to re-light it.

Chris

#425 6 years ago

So only one Jackpot can beatable?
How is it at Ransom? Same issue?

#426 6 years ago

You can play RANSOM as many times as you can light it.

I was going to suggest if you want a more modern BK2K look for NO FEAR, but I see that you have one!

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

You can play RANSOM as many times as you can light it.
I was going to suggest if you want a more modern BK2K look for NO FEAR, but I see that you have one!

Never think about these 2 machines are similar... thanks for the note but I sold the NF a month ago...

2 weeks later
#429 6 years ago

Well it is about time!

I bought my first BK2K (with a REALLY hashed PF) because they were doing a repro years ago, but it never happened. Ended up selling it and now I have a pretty nice PF but the Mylar is lifting in spots and there is some wear on the upper.. not bad at all but I gotta believe a BK2K with a perfectly smooth clearcoated PF is gonna be a MONSTER!

1 week later
#430 6 years ago

A new playfield would make my Swamp Knight project fantastic. Just picked up this guy last night. Decided I needed a runner while.working on my project. For morale purposes..
So now I have two BK2K machines..

20170929_205500 (resized).jpg20170929_205500 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#431 6 years ago

Just stood my Black Knight 2000 up, cleaned the CPU board as there was some battery leakage the previous owner hadn't fixed.

Now the problems I'm having are kickback doesn't register, same with the drawbridge switches and one pop bumper isn't firing.

Also a bank of 27ohm resistors are getting reality hot.

Anyone had this before?

#432 6 years ago

Fixed the switch problems turns out it was the connector that was at fault the inside must have had some alkaline in there.

So the resistors okay or need to replace?

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from Marv:

Also a bank of 27ohm resistors are getting reality hot.
Anyone had this before?

Completely normal on System 11 MPU boards.

#434 6 years ago

Have a weird issue with mine.

When you hit the button for the Magna-Save, the outlane kicker fires and stays up until the magna save turns off.

Very strange. I can make a video if needed.

Chris

#435 6 years ago

Hello everyone, Just joined the club!!!
Picked up one of my favorite pins Friday! Has been home use since the year 2000! Have the bill of sale and all. Apparently it was bought way back when in Long Island NY and was currently residing in Raleigh NC. Now it is at my home in Winston Salem and never leaving! Ordered new Premium nonghosting LEDs from Cointaker and hope to get them this week. Playfield is near perfect. Only flaw I can see is the W in war is slightly worn. Everything else is perfect. Going to clean and wax it this week, put new rubbers, balls, etc once the LEDs show up.

By the way, has anyone tried to call the 1-800 number listed in the back of the game on the upper playfield, it also comes up in the display for a T-shirt of the black knight?

Knight (resized).jpgKnight (resized).jpg

playfield (resized).jpgplayfield (resized).jpg

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

By the way, has anyone tried to call the 1-800 number listed in the back of the game on the upper playfield, it also comes up in the display for a T-shirt of the black knight?

I ordered one back when the game was new. I remember thinking it was expensive at the time. Still have it, never worn.

20171022_204809 (resized).jpg20171022_204809 (resized).jpg

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

Still have it, never worn.

WOW! Now that is a true vintage shirt! Awesome!

#438 6 years ago

Thinking I may let my BK2K go soon. Looking for other System 11's.

Chris

#439 6 years ago

Quick question. I’m going to switch out the halogen bulbs in the game for all LEDs but I’m wondering if there may a little issue to fix first. The lights in the game seem dim to me, though it may be that I’m just used to LEDs, but it’s Especially the noticeable in the pop bumpers. They go quite dim during play. Is there a specific circuit board to check for maybe cold solder joints, maybe need to order a new power supply board, or maybe a need to change out capacitors? Planning on hitting each wire connector with nonflammable deoxit. Then go from there.

#440 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Quick question. I’m going to switch out the halogen bulbs in the game for all LEDs but I’m wondering if there may a little issue to fix first. The lights in the game seem dim to me, though it may be that I’m just used to LEDs, but it’s Especially the noticeable in the pop bumpers. They go quite dim during play. Is there a specific circuit board to check for maybe cold solder joints, maybe need to order a new power supply board, or maybe a need to change out capacitors? Planning on hitting each wire connector with nonflammable deoxit. Then go from there.

Measure voltage, first. Before going through all that, just check the voltage AT the lamp socket.

#441 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I also added an LEDOCD board to make the lighting more natural in BK2K, really a nice addition if you like the traditional look but want to just go brighter and get rid of all the head from the incandescents. LED flashers on BK2K can have a lot of ghosting if you go that route, particularly when the flippers are activated. I use real bulbs in the return lane flashers because of that. The flashers in my backbox, however, are visible from space.

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

LED flashers on BK2K can have a lot of ghosting if you go that route, particularly when the flippers are activated. I use real bulbs in the return lane flashers because of that.

This thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-led-flashers-to-system-11-games) has more information and a fix.

#443 6 years ago

Got new parts from Marco to overhaul my new game, even though it plays quite well, but after watching a youtube video, I was wondering what coils you guys use for the flippers? The manual says to use FL-11630, but when I was watching a youtube video of GRC Pinball showing off the black knight 2000 for christmas, they said they put in FL-11629 to make it snappier, and for the long shots the right flippers make both upper and lower. I happen to have two new 29 coils that I had for my Black Rose, any thoughts on putting these coils in place over the stock 30s?

Thank you for your input.

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Got new parts from Marco to overhaul my new game, even though it plays quite well, but after watching a youtube video, I was wondering what coils you guys use for the flippers? The manual says to use FL-11630, but when I was watching a youtube video of GRC Pinball showing off the black knight 2000 for christmas, they said they put in FL-11629 to make it snappier, and for the long shots the right flippers make both upper and lower. I happen to have two new 29 coils that I had for my Black Rose, any thoughts on putting these coils in place over the stock 30s?
Thank you for your input.

I use 29's on both the botton right and upper flipper. It makes that long shot up to the upper playfield much easier. Also loops and getting balls up the drawbridge ramp is much easier. I got the same idea from that same video haha.

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

I got the same idea from that same video haha.

Great pinball minds think alike!! No issues with broken plastics due to the stronger solenoid?

Jason

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Great pinball minds think alike!! No issues with broken plastics due to the stronger solenoid?
Jason

None and I've played close to 500 games on my own and we had leauge over here recently, worked great all night. No issues.

1 week later
#447 6 years ago

Quick question, any ideas why I have a slight hum with the speakers in the back box when the game is just turned on and it is in attract mode? I thought maybe it was the original speakers failing, but I installed new Flipper Fidelity ones the other day, and though they sound a lot better, there is still a hum, and I don't have the game turned up that loud, could be a lot louder. When I turn it down, the hum does go away, but then the gameplay obviously suffers from quiet music. My other pins, including taxi are always silent in attract mode, and are quite load when playing them, and they too have flipper fidelity speakers.

#448 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Quick question, any ideas why I have a slight hum with the speakers in the back box when the game is just turned on and it is in attract mode? I thought maybe it was the original speakers failing, but I installed new Flipper Fidelity ones the other day, and though they sound a lot better, there is still a hum, and I don't have the game turned up that loud, could be a lot louder. When I turn it down, the hum does go away, but then the gameplay obviously suffers from quiet music. My other pins, including taxi are always silent in attract mode, and are quite load when playing them, and they too have flipper fidelity speakers.

This is not a super-intelligent piece of advice, but when I get a hum in audio equipment, I usually try a ground lifter (a 3-prong to 2-prong adapter for your electric outlet) to see if it goes away. That will tell you if you have a ground loop causing the hum.

2 months later
#449 6 years ago

Can someone tell me where the "extension spring" goes? Also some pics of the backet that the top playfield mounts to would rule. Thank you.

#450 6 years ago

6888d187a3292e517c48b9a997ccd602.jpg6888d187a3292e517c48b9a997ccd602.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oklahoma City, OK
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Niagara Falls, ON
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
There are 1,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-club/page/9?hl=scottmaggie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.