(Topic ID: 94003)

Black Knight 2000 Club - Knights of the Lightning Wheel.

By NextoPin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,244 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by cidtrip
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

issue (resized).png
IMG_0270 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0343 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0269 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
BK2K sticker (resized).jpg
20240409_121916 (resized).jpg
IMG_0329 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240202_133818 (resized).jpg
20240201_210703 (resized).jpg
20240129_213624 (resized).jpg
20240129_213924 (resized).jpg
There are 1,244 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 25.
#201 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Can someone post a really good picture of their pop bumper lamp wiring? Finishing up a shop job and lost that critical picture. I hate to burn through a lot of fuses getting it figured out.
Thanks in advance.
Brian

On mine the pop bumper lamps draw from the GI violet/white-violet string on the upper playfield. You can wire them in parallel. I've circled where the wires draw from the PCB.

bk2k.jpgbk2k.jpg

Hope that helps.

#202 8 years ago

That is where I am at now, DumbAss. I would like to see a picture of everything actually connected up.

#203 8 years ago

Rats, I already left for work but can get some for you this evening.

Not sure if anything in my albums would help you, but you're more than welcome to look

https://www.flickr.com/photos/91696572@N00/albums/72157631734874956

https://www.flickr.com/photos/91696572@N00/albums/1049972

Chris

#204 8 years ago

As long as I can get it done this week, I'm good. I'm trying to have it ready for the Houston Arcade Expo next week. Would be nice to be able to play it a lot before the show with everything working.

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

That is where I am at now, DumbAss. I would like to see a picture of everything actually connected up.

Oh ok. I thought you want to know where the tap was. As I mentioned ... you can just wire them up (daisy-chained) in parallel. There's nothing electrically complicated about these pop bumper lamps as this is a Steve Ritchie game and they are GI unlike a Pat Lawlor game where the pop bumper lamps are typically controlled. As long as it's electrically correct it will work and you won't blow a fuse. Just daisy-chain from one wire to consecutive wires of each pop bumper lamp on one side and the same on the other.

#206 8 years ago

I shall give it a try.

#207 8 years ago

I started a separate post in tech but figured I'd post here in case any of you had a clue.

So I tried to do the MOSFET mod to my BK2K lamp matrix using an IFR9Z34N MOSFET. I tried a MOSFET on Q87 and a zero ohm jumper on R134 as a test and about 4 lights were stuck on. I don't know if it matters but I am using LED's. Does anyone know what I did wrong?

Thank you for any help.

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from BriPin:

So I tried to do the MOSFET mod to my BK2K lamp matrix

Just in case anyone has the same issue I thought I should post a follow-up.

It turns out I was changing out the lamp row section and not the lamp column section. Once I realize that, I completed the mod and everything's working great.

4 weeks later
#209 8 years ago

I was having a great ball 1 tonight when the pin gods decided to shut me down. Wound up with 22m

IMG_20151206_171155608.jpgIMG_20151206_171155608.jpg

1 week later
#210 8 years ago

http://imgur.com/a/QmgRN

Wondering if I should LED or keep it all original? Some mylar over the magna save for sure.

#211 8 years ago

Does anyone have a spare right sling plastic?

2 weeks later
#212 8 years ago

Can anyone fill me on what these are connected to and if this is correct?

I was doing a bumper rebuild and disconnected these wires and noticed a 4th one coming off this light. What "should" it be connected to? Looks like it broke off but it must have been tucked in somewhere because I didn't disconnect it.

Anyone get me a photo of theirs or what these wires connect to? also by top i mean the top lead of the bumper to the left. I am pretty sure both those 2 connect to the top lead and the other one to the bottom lead. I am pretty sure on this but the 4th wire is throwing me for a loop.

DSC_0009edit_(resized).jpgDSC_0009edit_(resized).jpg

#213 8 years ago

Look like GI string. The three pop bumpers should all be attached, and looks like two yellow wires leading up to the lane dividers should be attached as well. I couldn't say where the feed is, though, sorry.

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Look like GI string. The three pop bumpers should all be attached, and looks like two yellow wires leading up to the lane dividers should be attached as well. I couldn't say where the feed is, though, sorry.

That is correct it is GI string. It seems they are all just jumpers between each other feeding power.

The only problem I have now is that my upper PF GI seems dead for some reason, with those yellows connected or unconnected. Power is fed from the top right just outside that picture on that light PCB. The last light (next to the unconnected one in the picture) has 2 purple lines connected to it I suspect are GI power. Problem is they seem to be giving no power. Not sure if it's because the circuit is grounded or because it's incomplete. I'm too inexperienced to know...

#215 8 years ago

Not sure if these help, but some shots from my last shop job of that area that show a lot of the routing. The yellow wires definitely go to the pop bumpers, but my angle doesn't reveal all the details.

underneaath_72_(resized).jpgunderneaath_72_(resized).jpg

underneath__68_(resized).jpgunderneath__68_(resized).jpg

underneath_71_(resized).jpgunderneath_71_(resized).jpg

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

Not sure if these help, but some shots from my last shop job of that area that show a lot of the routing. The yellow wires definitely go to the pop bumpers, but my angle doesn't reveal all the details.

underneaath_72_(resized).jpgunderneath__68_(resized).jpgunderneath_71_(resized).jpg

Thanks that did help a lot. I connected everything and traced the power. A 5AMP fuse had blown. Either old and stressed (as some of the fuses in this game look reeeeaaal bad) or i must have powered on with bad connections etc.

All is good now. Onto the second and third ones

#217 8 years ago

Cool, I figured you might see enough from those to piece it together. Good luck with the rest, especially that 3-target bank

#218 8 years ago

Give me your money

#219 8 years ago
Quoted from chris1044:

Give me your money

"NO WAY!"

1 week later
#220 8 years ago

Figured I'd ask in here....I'm debating about powdercoating mine and was wondering if anyone here had any ideas or examples?

1 month later
#221 8 years ago

Hi,
i would like to known more about this topper plastic.
I never seen it before, but i met with many-many Bk2k pin.
That was only on the proto pins or only on USA version?
Thanks SOKOL

Bk2000_(resized).jpgBk2000_(resized).jpg

#222 8 years ago

That was ,from my understanding, the factory topper that came with the machine. Most have been broken over the years, or tossed aside for some reason. Mine had one in the coin box and I was very pleasantly surprised. The only thing I don't understand is how the inserts originally fir in the topper. It should have had a "3" and "5" insert to fill in the blank space. Or maybe I just think that was the case. I know Alan Meyer remade them years ago with the inserts, but now I am unsure if they came with them originally.

Chris

#223 8 years ago

I've always loved how the Knight in the topper is different from the knight in the Back Glass???

#224 8 years ago

8307_(resized).jpg8307_(resized).jpg

#225 8 years ago

I never seen the topper screws holes on the back box.
Possible this plastic come with manuals in the pack in the cabinet?
And nobody installed up?

And more one: i never seen it in webshops...

#226 8 years ago

bk2k_(resized).jpgbk2k_(resized).jpg

#227 8 years ago

I have the new topper mounted on mine, it looks so much better but for some damn reason i cant stop thinking about and searching for a original topper! Congrats to those that have! BK2000 kicks ass!!!

#228 8 years ago

How cool would it be to have the Black Night 2000 back glass re-created in real life?

#229 8 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

I have the new topper mounted on mine, it looks so much better but for some damn reason i cant stop thinking about and searching for a original topper! Congrats to those that have! BK2000 kicks ass!!!

When you say "new" topper, do you mean the one from CPR? I like that but it bothers me that the font is different. The font matches nothing on the game.

Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I've always loved how the Knight in the topper is different from the knight in the Back Glass???

But it does seem to match the knight on the plastic......hmmm

DSCF5887_(resized).JPGDSCF5887_(resized).JPGDSCF5869_(resized).JPGDSCF5869_(resized).JPG

Chris

#230 8 years ago

Hi, brand new owner here, just got my Bk2k home yesterday! This is my second pin (been fixing up a Williams Fire! for a few months now) and proud to say it has been in my top 3 games to buy for a long time. Anyone have any suggestions on a good place to get new slingshot plastics? Thank you!

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Hi, brand new owner here, just got my Bk2k home yesterday! This is my second pin (been fixing up a Williams Fire! for a few months now) and proud to say it has been in my top 3 games to buy for a long time. Anyone have any suggestions on a good place to get new slingshot plastics? Thank you!

this might be my first post here! I'm in the Facebook group though.

I got the plastic set from Marcos, which is the "Castle" set, not the "Future" one (the Castle one being the better of the two in my opinion) I haven't gotten around to installing it because I haven't really come up with a proper system for replacing the rivets.

if anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate them.

#232 8 years ago

Hello, I a newbie owning a pinball but always wanted to own a few. BK2K has been on top of my list and was able to pick one up last week. Added a few mods in the lighting need to work on the back box to have the back glass pop. Is a beautiful machine and addictive game one of my first pinball plays when I was a kid. Got luck on the condition only issue I am having is trying to unlock the back box I have the keys but when trying to unlock it does not go all the way the lock bounces feels like there is something on the way to unlock all the way. Any suggestions for a newbie?

20160220_200208_(resized).jpg20160220_200208_(resized).jpg

#233 8 years ago

Hey guys, I just picked one up. All the plastics are nice, but i need the left slingshot plastic (someone replaced it a different sling). If anyone has a new one or real nice used one, please let me know. Thanks Mike

#234 8 years ago
Quoted from BriPin:

Just in case anyone has the same issue I thought I should post a follow-up.
It turns out I was changing out the lamp row section and not the lamp column section. Once I realize that, I completed the mod and everything's working great.

What Mod are you referring to?

Quoted from simplykind:

http://imgur.com/a/QmgRN
Wondering if I should LED or keep it all original? Some mylar over the magna save for sure.

Those shots are great! I just ordered a playfield protector, I'll document the install once I get to it.

#236 8 years ago

Thanks, Great info there, I assume it applies to system 11 also?

2 weeks later
#237 8 years ago

I've owned a BK2K for many years. It's in pretty good shape. I relocated the batteries away from the board. Planning on doing the led lights. Probably should buy some new speakers for it. Great game. I'm a Steve Ritchie fan. Also have a T2, Getaway, Star Trek The Next Generation, and Corvette.

#238 8 years ago

Anyone have any links to the best/coolest custom score cards for BK2K?

3 weeks later
#240 8 years ago

Macro and Bay Area are both "sold out" of Magna Save decals.

I'd like to throw a decal over mine and then mylar it, to stem the wear.

Where can I get one? Anybody know?

I found one through google image search @ Little Shop of Games in FL but I want to make sure it's a decent color match.

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from BulkOfTheSeries:

Macro and Bay Area are both "sold out" of Magna Save decals.
I'd like to throw a decal over mine and then mylar it, to stem the wear.
Where can I get one? Anybody know?
I found one through google image search @ Little Shop of Games in FL but I want to make sure it's a decent color match.

Its the same decal, quality, and color match.

#242 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Its the same decal, quality, and color match.

Awesome, thanks

1 week later
#243 7 years ago

Hello,

I love playing my BK2K noticed the past few I get a message to Check Switch 57 lane change right. Has anyone had a similar issue or willing to share on how to solve this. I will post a picture of the message.

Thanks,

20160501_190102_(resized).jpg20160501_190102_(resized).jpg

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from marmar:

Hello,
I love playing my BK2K noticed the past few I get a message to Check Switch 57 lane change right. Has anyone had a similar issue or willing to share on how to solve this. I will post a picture of the message.
Thanks,

20160501_190102_(resized).jpg

First thing to do into test mode in the game test/check the actuation state of the switch. It may require adjustment or replacement after 1000s plays. Start simple. If the switch works intermittently, replace it. Note orientation of diode.

#245 7 years ago

Cab decaled, powder coat on (Black as it is a Black Knight), now to shop the playfield.

P1080692.JPGP1080692.JPG

3 weeks later
#246 7 years ago

Hey guys,
Could someone snap some pics of the posts that are directly above (leading down towards) the upper right flipper please.
Seems on mine an old OP got creative when a t-nut underneath snapped off, moved the post towards the side rail directly above the upper flipper and then I have some incorrect metal posts up higher. With a separation using 2 different rubbers.

It's causing balls to kick out away from the flipper so by the time it gets down and around I can't make upper ramp shots since all the power has been robbed with it being too far away off.
If by chance you could take that long plastic off so I could see it, would be much appreciated so I can fix this !
Thanks.

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Could someone snap some pics of the posts that are directly above (leading down towards) the upper right flipper please.

I had some pictures from when I first picked up my BK2K while tearing it down for shopping (so pardon the dirty condition). I can only assume this was the original configuration, I put it back together the same way and it feeds the flipper fine. Let me know if you'd like any other angles.525__(resized).JPG525__(resized).JPG619__(resized).JPG619__(resized).JPG620__(resized).JPG620__(resized).JPG621__(resized).JPG621__(resized).JPG641__(resized).JPG641__(resized).JPG

#248 7 years ago

I accidentally clicked on the NSFW button of a picture in a post (sorry twinmice). Anyone know how I can undo this?

Thanks.

edit: moderator fixed, thanks

#249 7 years ago

@southbound Thank you! Just what I needed.

#250 7 years ago

Who do we need to hound in order to get BK2000 repo playfield made??? I love mine, no doubt it will the last in my collection leavin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
$ 39.99
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,244 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-club/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.