(Topic ID: 94003)

Black Knight 2000 Club - Knights of the Lightning Wheel.

By NextoPin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,245 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by cidtrip
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

issue (resized).png
IMG_0270 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0343 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0269 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
BK2K sticker (resized).jpg
20240409_121916 (resized).jpg
IMG_0329 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240202_133818 (resized).jpg
20240201_210703 (resized).jpg
20240129_213624 (resized).jpg
20240129_213924 (resized).jpg
There are 1,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 25.
#101 9 years ago

Yes, I powder coated my theatre of magic wireforms a candy purple, truly beautiful
Nice game, ever consider powder coating these wireforms a candy red?

#102 8 years ago

I was thinking yellow or blue, there's already alot of red in BK2K. Maybe even the purple color that's in the playfield.

#103 8 years ago

Just did new rubber on my BK2K. Is this post supposed to have a rubber sleeve? Dont think it is but not sure.20150429_104037.jpg20150429_104037.jpg

#104 8 years ago

If that post isn't supposed to have a rubber sleeve that would explain why I have trouble with loops. I've been meaning to rework that area on my machine for a while.

#105 8 years ago

When I had my BK2K I could never make the loops, as soon as I sold it back to the chap I bought it from he took the rubber off that post as it had exactly the same issue. Been happily looping it round there ever since

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

When I had my BK2K I could never make the loops, as soon as I sold it back to the chap I bought it from he took the rubber off that post as it had exactly the same issue. Been happily looping it round there ever since

I bought my BK2K missing all of the parts from the WIN section so I am sure that I added a rubber to that post. I rarely can hit the loop shot. I think I will take it off and try it.

#107 8 years ago

Rubber kits on Ebay include 4 post rubbers: ebay.com link: like

Three yellows to divide the lower playfield shots, that's simple enough: http://www.endlesspinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/pics20013.jpg

I see most machines with a rubber post next to the left of the ramp: http://www.silverball-magic.com/smagic/my-machines/bk2k_upperpf.jpg

I expect I have screwed up putting a sleeve on that post now

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Rubber kits on Ebay include 4 post rubbers: ebay.com link » Like
Three yellows to divide the lower playfield shots, that's simple enough: http://www.endlesspinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/pics20013.jpg
I see most machines with a rubber post next to the left of the ramp: http://www.silverball-magic.com/smagic/my-machines/bk2k_upperpf.jpg
I expect I have screwed up putting a sleeve on that post now

I suspect that is where my problem is at. I have a ton of post rubbers laying because I am yet to buy a rubber kit that wasn't either a.) short rubbers or b.) had extras.

#109 8 years ago

With no rubber there i just rebuilt my upper flipper and it loops nicely. You can see the wear on my picture above so i dont tink it ever had a rubber. Plus when i first launch my ball it always goes to the upper flipper unless i soft plunge. Was just wondering about the post as I just bought this game and its my first bk2k.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Just did new rubber on my BK2K. Is this post supposed to have a rubber sleeve? Dont think it is but not sure.20150429_104037.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

This was discussed in this thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mylar-is-dull-and-cloudy-can-it-be-polished-can-it-ever-shine-nice#post-1846559

I don't know if there's a correct answer, I think it may have varied during production. I have looked at a few BK2K's both in person and looking at pictures online. It appears there should be a black rubber on that post, but some of them have the white rubber going around all 3 posts there.

#111 8 years ago

I got to thinking about this. I just recently learned that my camera has a slo-mo option, I think I might try to set it up and record the ball going around this corner. Sometimes the way it bounces back it seems like it's hitting the loop switch mounted right above that area.

2 weeks later
#112 8 years ago

Has anyone figured out an answer for the ball going SMACK into the glass for shots from the upper flipper when the drawbridge targets are not quite lowered yet? I've had the ball go into the glass and into the metal habitrail enough that it actually pulled the habitrail out of where it's screwed into the playfield on the lower left side.

#113 8 years ago

Anyone have an extra set of slingshot plastics I could buy?

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from Finrod:

Has anyone figured out an answer for the ball going SMACK into the glass for shots from the upper flipper when the drawbridge targets are not quite lowered yet? I've had the ball go into the glass and into the metal habitrail enough that it actually pulled the habitrail out of where it's screwed into the playfield on the lower left side.

I don't think there is much you can do. Mine does the same thing. If the drawbridge isn't down all the way then it's going to bounce off it like a speedbump. I can't think of anything you could do that wouldn't interfere with it's operation and prevent if from happening since the ball is in play when the drawbridge goes down. I don't think it would break the glass but it does scare the shit out of me when it happens.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Anyone have an extra set of slingshot plastics I could buy?

The only ones I have are broken, but you should be able to make some pretty easy.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-guide-to-making-your-own-reproduction-plastics

There's one other thread like this, but I can't find it at the moment.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

I don't think there is much you can do. Mine does the same thing. If the drawbridge isn't down all the way then it's going to bounce off it like a speedbump. I can't think of anything you could do that wouldn't interfere with it's operation and prevent if from happening since the ball is in play when the drawbridge goes down. I don't think it would break the glass but it does scare the shit out of me when it happens.

The only thing I had in mind was maybe rigging up a clear plastic piece that i would hit before it hits the glass, but I wouldn't want to risk a situation where the drawbridge is going up and the ball gets wedged between the drawbridge and that piece of plastic.

2 weeks later
#117 8 years ago

I had something interesting happen earlier this week. I was in jackpot multiball with one letter left on RANSOM, and one ball had drained. I shot for jackpot but because I had just recently gotten WIN, it gave me the last letter in RANSOM instead and started the whole King''s Ransom sequence. Since I still had a ball bouncing around the playfield, I managed to put it up the ramp as well and scored the Jackpot I didn't get when I started RANSOM.

#118 8 years ago

Here's a little video I made about Black Knight 2000 awhile back. Figured this crowd might enjoy it.

#119 8 years ago

Can someone please take a pic inside their backbox showing the metal piece that attatches to the lock and connects to the rod that secures the backglass? Mine is missing. Thanks!

Edit. Does it look like this?

image.jpgimage.jpg
#120 8 years ago

I'm in this club. Sold my first one tears ago and just picked up another on.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I'm in this club. Sold my first one tears ago and just picked up another on.

Me too! I'm a third time member/offender, hopefully this one won't leave anytime soon. My first BK2000 was back in 1992, the first pin I bought when I moved into my own place so this title holds special meaning for me. The second one came about 5 years ago, and was sold last year to the guy who creates the pinball emulators.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Can someone please take a pic inside their backbox showing the metal piece that attatches to the lock and connects to the rod that secures the backglass? Mine is missing. Thanks!
Edit. Does it look like this?

image.jpg

I will try to take a look tonite. it's hard for me to get to the backbox without moving some pins. Where is the part located, behind the lock on the side?

#123 8 years ago

Here are some pics after we did some modifications on that corner. The green posts are supposed to be black, but it was all I had at the time. It's a little easier to loop now but JJJ is still the loop champ

It' seems the problem on mine might be with the metal ball guide throwing the ball into the win lane dividers. I still need to set up a slo-mo recording of the loop so I can see what's happening there. It doesn't seem to hang up in the WIN lanes when the ball is coming from the lower playfield, only when it goes around the upper playfield loop.

I'm also still trying to decide on what color to powdercoat the wireforms. Blue, Purple (lavender) or yellow. Kinda leaning toward yellow at the moment.

photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG photo 2 (2).JPGphoto 2 (2).JPG photo 1 (3).JPGphoto 1 (3).JPG Capture.JPGCapture.JPG
#124 8 years ago

Yes, a picture of the cam plate that's attached to the backside of the lock would be great thanks.

#125 8 years ago

I'm having a few issues with mine.

1) The ball trough switch for A in W A R isnt registering. What is the common failure with these, so I know what to look for? **Fixed**

2) I have multiple lights staying on 100% of the time, for example 20k and 50k points in the lightning wheel. What causes this? Bulb swaps didn't change anything.

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from BulkOfTheSeries:

I'm having a few issues with mine.
1) The ball trough switch for A in W A R isnt registering. What is the common failure with these, so I know what to look for? **Fixed**
2) I have multiple lights staying on 100% of the time, for example 20k and 50k points in the lightning wheel. What causes this? Bulb swaps didn't change anything.

It sounds like the lamp matrix. Go into the diags and goto single lamp test. Document all the lamps that are on in addition to the lamp tested. Check the back of the manual for the lamp matrix chart and you should be able to determine what row or column is having the problem. Report back and we can assist, the lamp matrix on mine was borked when I got it, turned out to be a resistor pack on the CPU board, but that's not as common as some other issues.

Lamp Matrix.JPGLamp Matrix.JPG
#127 8 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

It sounds like the lamp matrix. Go into the diags and goto single lamp test. Document all the lamps that are on in addition to the lamp tested. Check the back of the manual for the lamp matrix chart and you should be able to determine what row or column is having the problem. Report back and we can assist, the lamp matrix on mine was borked when I got it, turned out to be a resistor pack on the CPU board, but that's not as common as some other issues.

Lamp Matrix.JPG

Row 2 is my trouble area.

#128 8 years ago

SilverUnicorn needed to borrow your pic.. I need this wire form. Anyone have one for sale?

Wire Form.JPGWire Form.JPG

#129 8 years ago

No worries Hope you can find one!

Chris

#130 8 years ago

Need some help to complete my BK2000. I need 2 of the hex head 6-32 x 2 1/2" screws which go into the lane plastics.
Also, missing one of the black spacers between the plastics. Anyone have these I can buy? See pics for parts needed.BK Parts.JPGBK Parts.JPG

#131 8 years ago

I got 6-32 x 3" screws at Lowes and just cut them down after I installed them. I couldn't find exactly the right size and was impatient.

Which spacers do you need? They are different sizes. If you know what plastics you need them for I can see if I have some used ones.

Chris

#132 8 years ago

Hi Chris,

I need one spacer for the lightning lane plastics like in the above photo.

#133 8 years ago

I went to Lowes yesterday but didn't see the screws with the hex head. Do you have 2 of these left over by chance? That's what I'm in need of to finish this along with the spacer.

#134 8 years ago

bump.. Still need these parts. Anyone have any extras?

BK Parts-198.JPGBK Parts-198.JPG
#135 8 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

bump.. Still need these parts. Anyone have any extras?

BK Parts-198.JPG

I've been able to find little stuff like this at www.pbresource.com

#136 8 years ago

Does anyone have an extra one of these backbox lock cams I could buy?

IMG_0447.PNGIMG_0447.PNG

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

I'm a recent admirer of BK2K. If anyone wants to part with theirs or knows of one for sale please let me know. Would rather not ship, but beggars can't be choosers...

Thanks,

Brian

Brian, I'm almost done with mine. Had a really nice example and sold it. Within a week one came back home somehow. I guess it's "Meant
to be". Anyway, I love it and this one is a keeper. Come on over anytime.

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

I went to Lowes yesterday but didn't see the screws with the hex head. Do you have 2 of these left over by chance? That's what I'm in need of to finish this along with the spacer.

You are correct. The ones I got were Phillips head, sorry. I replaced all of them for symmetry, LOL

I looked and did not have any of the smaller spacers

Chris

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

You are correct. The ones I got were Phillips head, sorry. I replaced all of them for symmetry, LOL
I looked and did not have any of the smaller spacers
Chris

I always replace with Phillips head screws from the hardware store too. $.10 each or buy from marcos when available for $.40 plus 6 million dollars to ship lol. I guess some people want to keep the original but the screw type just isn't that big of a deal to me.

#140 8 years ago

Here they are:

Fellow Pinsider O-din found them here at 16 cents a piece:

https://www.titanpinball.com/products_detail.php?ProductID=43

Now if I could just get that black spacer.. I'd be set.. Anyone have one of these laying around?

#141 8 years ago

Here's a picture of the spacer between the lane plastics that I'm looking for. Hopefully someone has one.

#142 8 years ago

Oops.. Here's a pic of the spacer between the lane plastics that I need. spacer.JPGspacer.JPG

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Oops.. Here's a pic of the spacer between the lane plastics that I need. spacer.JPG

Do you know what size they should be? I found 2 of these. If they will work for you, you can have them

Let me know.

Chris

spacer1.jpgspacer1.jpg spacer2.jpgspacer2.jpg
#144 8 years ago

Pm sent!! Yes!! They work. Thanks

#145 8 years ago

I replaced one of mine by cutting a section from a Bic ball point pen. It's just to support the plastic and you can't see it. Nice thing about the original ones is that they stay in the plastic when you remove it.

1 week later
#146 8 years ago

Black Knight 2000 Topper Ideas?

In just a few short days I will have a nice Bk2000 in the house! You would think a game such cool artwork would have lighted toppers made, but I cannot find any.

Best thing I can find is a BK2000 poster behind the game, but I love toppers!

How about you guys post your favorite toppers to get the creative juices going?

Thanks!
ron

#147 8 years ago

Incline question. What do you guys have your playfield incline set at? I have mine at 7 degrees and it seems like it's not playing right.
6.5 or 6 seem better?

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from Golferron54:

Black Knight 2000 Topper Ideas?
In just a few short days I will have a nice Bk2000 in the house! You would think a game such cool artwork would have lighted toppers made, but I cannot find any.
Best thing I can find is a BK2000 poster behind the game, but I love toppers!
How about you guys post your favorite toppers to get the creative juices going?
Thanks!
ron

I am not a topper fan, but I have the factory topper on mine.

DSCF5887.JPGDSCF5887.JPG

If you want to go aftermarket, this is the coolest I have seen in my opinion:

ebay.com link: BLACK KNIGHT 2000 TOPPER MOD FOR WILLIAMS PINBALL

Chris

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

If you want to go aftermarket, this is the coolest I have seen in my opinion:

I bought that topper and I like it. FWIW I made an offer of $100 and it was accepted. $34 shipping though.

#150 8 years ago

Anyone notice that when the shooter lane switch opens (when you plunge the ball) the game does nothing. But when you hit the left flipper when the ball is sitting in the shooter lane the game acts as though the game switch opened (cool sound and light show). I still haven't figured out why it works that way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.99
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,500 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

There are 1,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.