(Topic ID: 94003)

Black Knight 2000 Club - Knights of the Lightning Wheel.

By NextoPin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,245 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by cidtrip
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

issue (resized).png
IMG_0270 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0343 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0269 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
BK2K sticker (resized).jpg
20240409_121916 (resized).jpg
IMG_0329 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240202_133818 (resized).jpg
20240201_210703 (resized).jpg
20240129_213624 (resized).jpg
20240129_213924 (resized).jpg
There are 1,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 25.
#1051 1 year ago
Quoted from dfester007:

Still trying to find a reason current market estimate for BK2000. Any one willing to share a fair current market value… ?

3500-4k seems like the going fair price. Thats for one that has a bit of wear and might need a part or two. Not a project machine or mint one

#1052 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/black-knight-2000

Theres a page like this here on Pinside for virtually every game ever built. Lots of useful info and sale stats.

#1053 1 year ago

I just bought a BK2K for $3200. It was likely more worth $3000 in my mind, but I really wanted it to sit next to my full-restored cherry BK.

It was overall decent shape, but certainly not a project. I did install LEDs, Titan bands, flipper coils and linkages. The cabinet is a little on the rough side plus the colors faded, but I will be doing a complete cabinet resto and re-decaling soon.

Once the cabinet is done, I will consider the value of this pin to be easily $4000.00, or I can smoke the WTF-sellers crack-pipe and value it at $5500.00. Regardless, it will be a very top-shelf BK2k.

#1054 1 year ago

4 years I have been looking for such a beautiful finally there

42252464-F704-4106-8C04-C663FA3A8962 (resized).jpeg42252464-F704-4106-8C04-C663FA3A8962 (resized).jpeg5C75A597-662B-499D-87AA-3451DBF1E540 (resized).jpeg5C75A597-662B-499D-87AA-3451DBF1E540 (resized).jpeg65701FD7-EFB0-4CB5-8BC0-AA580402D978 (resized).jpeg65701FD7-EFB0-4CB5-8BC0-AA580402D978 (resized).jpeg86595199-421B-4A9F-AF34-CB2F982C5A59 (resized).png86595199-421B-4A9F-AF34-CB2F982C5A59 (resized).pngB3CA443A-A2F1-49DB-93FD-A4873236F6B0 (resized).jpegB3CA443A-A2F1-49DB-93FD-A4873236F6B0 (resized).jpegBD545930-1915-4CEB-A467-CDD1FB1CED4F (resized).jpegBD545930-1915-4CEB-A467-CDD1FB1CED4F (resized).jpegC0FDB31B-82E6-4867-B707-560BEB93DD20 (resized).jpegC0FDB31B-82E6-4867-B707-560BEB93DD20 (resized).jpegFB3669BB-372C-4415-8348-ED268DE58FE2 (resized).jpegFB3669BB-372C-4415-8348-ED268DE58FE2 (resized).jpeg
#1056 1 year ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Ist das ein klarbeschichtetes OE-Spielfeld?

No is protector look at the bottom the red part is missing on the top it is on it, I had it redone like this

#1057 1 year ago
Quoted from Sisterhood:

4 years I have been looking for such a beautiful finally there

Where'd that glass cover with the Williams logo come from?

#1058 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Woher kommt diese Glasabdeckung mit dem Williams-Logo?

it´s self made

#1059 1 year ago

I want one!

1 week later
#1061 1 year ago

Morning BK2000 friends,
I've had a bk2000 for several years now and enjoy the hell out of it.
Hoping someone out there can provide some guidance on where to start with an issue I currently have with it.
The game resets at what appears to be random times during play. For example,
when I start a game and BK identifies himself, the game resets before anything else happens.
Othertimes it happens when hitting the drawbridge or hitting a bumper in the upper playfield or activating the lightning wheel. Not sure when or what triggers it. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks much

#1062 1 year ago
Quoted from bdubord:

Morning BK2000 friends,
I've had a bk2000 for several years now and enjoy the hell out of it.
Hoping someone out there can provide some guidance on where to start with an issue I currently have with it.
The game resets at what appears to be random times during play. For example,
when I start a game and BK identifies himself, the game resets before anything else happens.
Othertimes it happens when hitting the drawbridge or hitting a bumper in the upper playfield or activating the lightning wheel. Not sure when or what triggers it. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks much

If you have original capacitors on the 5v supply. I’d start with replacing them.

#1063 1 year ago

Thanks Mrg50. They are indeed original.
Ill start there.

#1064 1 year ago

The ball from the left kickback tags the T drop target, and goes STM 4 out of five times. Is this normal? Guessing no.

Is there a tweak that can direct the ball to a flipper instead?

Thanks

#1065 1 year ago

The ball from the left kickback tags the T drop target, and goes STM 4 out of five times. Is this normal? Guessing no.
Is there a tweak that can direct the ball to a flipper instead?
Thanks

Try replacing the coil sleeve in the kickback coil. That should change the trajectory of the shot and is a cheap thing to try before bending the ball guide on the left

#1066 1 year ago
Quoted from attack7777:

Try replacing the coil sleeve in the kickback coil. That should change the trajectory of the shot and is a cheap thing to try before bending the ball guide on the left

Good idea. Will do.
Thanks.

1 week later
#1067 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrg50:If you have original capacitors on the 5v supply. I’d start with replacing them.

Thanks Mrg50. Replacing the caps did the trick....now for the upper playfield GI lamps.....
All the GI lamps on the upper playfield are out. I want to make sure I'm taking the right approach....
1) Check the fuses
2) inspect J6 and J7 on the interconnect for burned pins/connectors and the connection points on the smaller interconnect under the playfield (forget the proper name for it).
3) Test for voltage starting at J6 and J7 on the interconnect, then over to the smaller interconnect under the playfield to find where voltage isn't passing.
4) repair

I'm I missing anything?

Thanks much

#1068 1 year ago

Would like to get some opinions on converting the standard lamps on my BK2000 to LED. I've seen some photos on here with the LEDs and I'm very impressed with the results.
I do know it reduces the power draw and heat on the boards, which in turn, increases the life of the machine That is very positive for me.

Here are some thoughts I have:
What is the difficulty of such conversion? Is it as simple as replacing the bulbs?
How does such a conversion impact the value of the machine? Do you feel this is a positive or negative impact?

Looking forward to the responses.

Thanks

#1069 1 year ago

I replaced my bulbs with the 1SMD warm white from comet and I think it looks great. I found the 2SMD too bright for me.

#1070 1 year ago
Quoted from bdubord:

What is the difficulty of such conversion? Is it as simple as replacing the bulbs?
How does such a conversion impact the value of the machine? Do you feel this is a positive or negative impact?

Simple, Yes

Positive. Folks around here seem to think that converting $100 worth of LED's makes their game worth an extra $500.

#1071 1 year ago

Black Knight 2000 also benefits greatly from an LED OCD board if you're going to install LEDs and want the original look.

2 months later
#1072 1 year ago

Just finished restoring my BK2K with a new Mirco playfield set. Its working great, and looks beautiful. I have barely played the game before restoring it, so I -think- I found some oddities: Activating the Magnasave also activates the kickback in the left outlane, and adding a credit during a game also rewards a U-turn... Are these things normal?

Also, is there supposed to be a rubber sleeve on the metal post in the top right corner? There wasn't when I took the game apart, but I figured there should be one. But it seems to make it really tricky to make a full loop.

DSC_0786 (resized).JPGDSC_0786 (resized).JPGIMG_0250 (2) (resized).jpgIMG_0250 (2) (resized).jpg
#1073 1 year ago
Quoted from koen12344:

is there supposed to be a rubber sleeve on the metal post in the top right corner? There wasn't when I took the game apart, but I figured there should be one. But it seems to make it really tricky to make a full loop.

No, a bumper there will hinder making the loop, and nearly impossible to make multiple loops. There are some super-thin post sleeves out there that can be used, but the vast majority of games out there have no bumper on that post.
Your new PF does look beautiful! Your old PF is definitely the worst BK2K i've ever seen!

#1074 1 year ago

Time to re-do the cabinet. Can someone please recommend a quality BK2K cabinet decal set? Im a bit learry of the ones on Ebay.

Thanks.

#1075 1 year ago

Time to re-do the cabinet. Can someone please recommend a quality BK2K cabinet decal set? Im a bit learry of the ones on Ebay.
Thanks.

https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-BK2K-CABSETNG

#1076 1 year ago

Thanks.

I used the radcals from Mirco. Easy to install and they look great (though more expensive than the normal decals)

1 month later
#1077 1 year ago

My BK2000 playfield is worn, and may be recoverable for restoration. I am curious on anyone with experience with the Mirco playfield as there are lots of complaints on them regarding their quality. In addition, how well is the playfield holding up with wear and tear? Any issues where the ball drops on the playfield (such as from the top level to the bottom, or at the shooter lane drop at the W-I-N lights?

Or am I better to remove the mylar, restore the worn areas of my playfield (mostly the magna save and the left outlane) and reshoot it with automative clear?

Thanks!

#1078 1 year ago
Quoted from Michel_K17:

My BK2000 playfield is worn, and may be recoverable for restoration. I am curious on anyone with experience with the Mirco playfield as there are lots of complaints on them regarding their quality. In addition, how well is the playfield holding up with wear and tear? Any issues where the ball drops on the playfield (such as from the top level to the bottom, or at the shooter lane drop at the W-I-N lights?
Or am I better to remove the mylar, restore the worn areas of my playfield (mostly the magna save and the left outlane) and reshoot it with automative clear?
Thanks!

I'm also curious about this. They seem to be the only place I can currently find a playfield I'm looking for, but I also saw the complaints...

#1079 1 year ago

During the last few games the ball will fall off of the upper playfield without hitting the triangle wedge to the drop habit trail over the right flipper. If the ball is coming off the WAR letters and I don’t slow it down, it will shoot off the wedge at an angle and either go into the right outlane or the shooter lane trough.

Anyone have issues like this? Thanks!

#1080 1 year ago
Quoted from Michel_K17:

Thanks!

I got a set for mine and it looks amazing. Dimpled and pre-drilled in just the right spots. Very happy with it. Not sure how it will hold up in the long term (installed it about two months ago), but so far no complaints.

#1081 1 year ago
Quoted from koen12344:

I got a set for mine and it looks amazing. Dimpled and pre-drilled in just the right spots. Very happy with it. Not sure how it will hold up in the long term (installed it about two months ago), but so far no complaints.

Thank you for the feedback. Will order one soon.

1 month later
#1082 1 year ago

I haven't really dug into it yet but I am about to shop one of these out. I am experienced in pinball stuff and did a brisk scroll of this thread, but wanted to ask if there were any must-have improvements or mods I should be looking for? It looks like starship has the upper ramp if my current one is too gross. The chrome on the wireforms is pretty rough but I've never sent anything out to be plated and am hesitant. I think I may leave it incandescent so I can make the ocd board decision later; I haven't played this title hardly at all. Thanks for your time and have a good day!

#1083 1 year ago

I used the 1SMD leds from Comet in mine, and didn't need to use an ocd board. I found the 2SMD too bright for my taste.

1 week later
#1084 1 year ago

Hi looking for any help at the round table for trouble shooting my BK2K display all the sudden going blank. It was working one minute then not the next, I just opened the coin door to unjam a quarter mech and then all the sudden the display went blank.
Tested continuity in all fuses on the boards and all tested fine, tried a new ribbon cable I had on hand and also unplugged and reseated all cables to/from the display to the mpu, still got nothing and not sure where to look next. The game plays/sounds fine just no display.
Thanks for any tips!

#1085 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Hi looking for any help at the round table for trouble shooting my BK2K display all the sudden going blank. It was working one minute then not the next, I just opened the coin door to unjam a quarter mech and then all the sudden the display went blank.
Tested continuity in all fuses on the boards and all tested fine, tried a new ribbon cable I had on hand and also unplugged and reseated all cables to/from the display to the mpu, still got nothing and not sure where to look next. The game plays/sounds fine just no display.
Thanks for any tips!

Check high voltages to displays if you haven’t already.

#1086 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

Check high voltages to displays if you haven’t already.

Thanks, I have only checked the continuity of the fuses, I'm new to using my multimeter. So to check the voltage to the display I need to locate where the power is coming to it from the power driver board?
Also is it possible for the fuses to show continuity in the board even if bad = do I need to take the fuses out of the board to test?

#1087 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Thanks, I have only checked the continuity of the fuses, I'm new to using my multimeter. So to check the voltage to the display I need to locate where the power is coming to it from the power driver board?
Also is it possible for the fuses to show continuity in the board even if bad = do I need to take the fuses out of the board to test?

It seems like you are not very familiar with testing voltages. Be very careful around the high voltages. The problem could be many things; loose/bad cable, failed power supply, cold solder joint circuit card, failed logic., etc. Testing the power is a very easy check and will eliminate it as a possible problem and allow you to look at other issues.

#1088 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

It seems like you are not very familiar with testing voltages. Be very careful around the high…

I’m not, have watched a buddy do it a lot and he gave me a multimeter and now I know just enough to be dangerous lol. Hate to have the game sitting idle but I guess I can wait till he comes back into town next week.
Are there any particular fuses I should pull out and check for this?
Thanks!

8A55BAC9-F8DD-43E7-AC46-73B4FA8F3175 (resized).png8A55BAC9-F8DD-43E7-AC46-73B4FA8F3175 (resized).png
#1089 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

I’m not, have watched a buddy do it a lot and he gave me a multimeter and now I know just enough to be dangerous lol. Hate to have the game sitting idle but I guess I can wait till he comes back into town next week.
Are there any particular fuses I should pull out and check for this?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Check F1, F2, F3 on the power supply board. Pull the fuse out or lift one side before checking.
2023-03-30_14-43-11 (resized).png2023-03-30_14-43-11 (resized).png

Also double check the value on the fuse is accurate while you have them out.

As others have said, be care checking the voltages since they will be around 100volts.

Set multimeter to DC.
place the black on the (black arrow) 3J2 pin 5
place red lead on the (red arrow) 3J2 pin 1 should read -100 volts DC
place red lead on the (yellow arrow) 3J2 pin 3 should read 100 volts DC
2023-03-30_14-51-09 (resized).png2023-03-30_14-51-09 (resized).png

Connector is lower left on power supply board. pin 1 on the right, pin 6 on the left.

2023-03-30_15-00-42 (resized).png2023-03-30_15-00-42 (resized).png
#1090 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

Check F1, F2, F3 on the power supply board. Pull the fuse out or lift one side before checking.
[quoted image]
Also double check the value on the fuse is accurate while you have them out.
As others have said, be care checking the voltages since they will be around 100volts.
Set multimeter to DC.
place the black on the (black arrow) 3J2 pin 5
place red lead on the (red arrow) 3J2 pin 1 should read -100 volts DC
place red lead on the (yellow arrow) 3J2 pin 3 should read 100 volts DC
[quoted image]
Connector is lower left on power supply board. pin 1 on the right, pin 6 on the left.[quoted image]

Awesome thanks so much!!

#1091 1 year ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
The Simpsons Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “This Simpsons was previous listed for trade only, but I found the game I was looking for. Now looking to sell for the best cash offer. The Simpsons is fully working and was just ...”
2023-03-26
Patchogue, NY
3,800 (OBO)
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 382 times
Contributed to Pinside

Anyone want to trade for a Simpsons?

#1092 1 year ago

Follow up - after checking fuses sev times and reseating everything to/from the display and trying a new ribbon cable, I tried a new Rottendog display last night and Boom BK is back in business!!
I remembered that over the last few months the top display had some lines missing, so I guess it was going, and then all the sudden it just died.
Anyway the new display looks super crisp and when he says Give Me Your Money now I remind him how much his new display cost!(;

8F3B913E-73EF-4ADA-86D7-518822804652 (resized).jpeg8F3B913E-73EF-4ADA-86D7-518822804652 (resized).jpeg
#1093 1 year ago

Has anyone figured out the ideal pitch to set the game at to ensure that the loop shot can made smoothly? My upper flipper is rebuilt and fires the baller with perfect speed, but it tends to brick at the top right lane post.

#1094 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Has anyone figured out the ideal pitch to set the game at to ensure that the loop shot can made smoothly? My upper flipper is rebuilt and fires the baller with perfect speed, but it tends to brick at the top right lane post.

Do you have a rubber sleeve on the top right post that the ball goes by? There’s not supposed to be one on that post so try and remove it if so.

#1095 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Mine would never make the loop shot. I ended up shimming the UPF front brackets up about 1/8" which lessens the slope only on that UPF. Plays a ton better and the loop shot is definitely playing like it should. Still an occasional rejection, buts it's in play.

#1096 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Sounds like you need to adjust the angle of your upper right flipper bat. Can you post a picture of it where it currently sets?

#1097 1 year ago

Can anyone help with part nos. and where to by the shoulder nut, or whatever it is called, that the playfield pivots on when lifted for service? My new machine has it missing on one side as shown in the photos below.

IMG_5498 (resized).jpegIMG_5498 (resized).jpegIMG_5499 (resized).jpegIMG_5499 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1098 11 months ago

I'm sure you could pick that up at a standard hardware store. Take the other one with you so you get the correct thread. Also, most hardware stores have spacers as well.

#1099 11 months ago

Two questions (after playing my BK2000 for over a year and still enjoying).

1. The Ball Popper loses power the longer I play. At first, the ball will come out strong and towards the upper playfield flipper. As the game progresses, the ball will barely make it out the hole, and will fall towards the WAR lights.
- Is that normal?
- What could cause this problem?

2. It seems like if I hit the drawbridge switch/light #3 hard enough, then it will come down, even though I am pretty sure that #1 was not hit. Is that normal?

Thanks!

#1100 11 months ago
Quoted from Michel_K17:

Two questions (after playing my BK2000 for over a year and still enjoying).
1. The Ball Popper loses power the longer I play. At first, the ball will come out strong and towards the upper playfield flipper. As the game progresses, the ball will barely make it out the hole, and will fall towards the WAR lights.
- Is that normal?

I’ve been fighting my VUK inconsistency since I got the machine seven years ago and I haven’t figured out how to make it more consistent. Sometimes it comes out really strong and other times it just dribbles out. Definitely check your voltage on your coil to make sure it’s within spec but beyond that, I’m not sure how to make it more consistently come out with full strength.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 39.99
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 1,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-club/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.