(Topic ID: 94003)

Black Knight 2000 Club - Knights of the Lightning Wheel.

By NextoPin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,245 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by cidtrip
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

issue (resized).png
IMG_0270 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0343 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0269 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
BK2K sticker (resized).jpg
20240409_121916 (resized).jpg
IMG_0329 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240202_133818 (resized).jpg
20240201_210703 (resized).jpg
20240129_213624 (resized).jpg
20240129_213924 (resized).jpg
There are 1,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 25.
#51 9 years ago

Here is a pic of mine if it helps. I don't seem to have issues with hitting loops or the drawbridge.

Click the photo for ginormous size

BK2K upper flipper.jpgBK2K upper flipper.jpg

#52 9 years ago

Thanks for the pic I think I am right on the wall like you have shown. NextoPin that is a very neat guide. Never seen that before. I think I will revisit where my end of stoke on the new switch and the examine the stop. Thanks

#53 9 years ago

Farmboss, if you want the Operator handbook from Steve Ritchie I can copy the one I have and send it to you.

Chris

#54 9 years ago

Chris,

Is there more to the operator guide than what I posted?

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

Chris,

Nope, that's it

Chris

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

Chris,

Yes it's the special Steve Ritchie edition featuring all the cheat codes and passwords to get to the hidden boss level. Not really supposed to be sharing it online though.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Blairally:

Yes it's the special Steve Ritchie edition featuring all the cheat codes and passwords to get to the hidden boss level. Not really supposed to be sharing it online though.

Well now you've done it! I'm calling Steve!

LOL

Chris

#58 9 years ago

New slingshot plastics arrived today. Thanks Chris. Probably going to have to play it all night now lol

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

New slingshot plastics arrived today. Thanks Chris. Probably going to have to play it all night now lol

Great. Everything arrive ok? You happy with them?

Chris

#60 9 years ago

I'm a recent admirer of BK2K. If anyone wants to part with theirs or knows of one for sale please let me know. Would rather not ship, but beggars can't be choosers...

Thanks,

Brian

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

I'm a recent admirer of BK2K. If anyone wants to part with theirs or knows of one for sale please let me know. Would rather not ship, but beggars can't be choosers...
Thanks,
Brian

I have one on Wausau WI CL

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Great. Everything arrive ok? You happy with them?
Chris

Yes I was very pleased. Thanks. It just kills me to have that one broken plastic. All is well in the kingdom once more lol.

2 weeks later
#63 9 years ago

Has anyone scored >100M? Does it roll over or does it score into 9 digits? I've gotten close (85M) but not there yet.

#64 9 years ago

I know this has been covered in other threads for LED flashers in general but I am struggling with figuring out which warming resistor to remove to get the LED flashers on this game to not fire when I hit the flipper buttons. I know I am supposed to remove the ground wire from the boards of the warming resistors but where are the boards. I haven't looked under the playfield so I am sure there are probably some there but are they all under there?

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Finrod:

Has anyone scored >100M? Does it roll over or does it score into 9 digits? I've gotten close (85M) but not there yet.

85 wow..my best is 22m. 3 ball right?

#66 9 years ago

Anyone have a BK2K backglass for sale?
Yes, I bought a project missing the backglass and still searching for one.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Anyone have a BK2K backglass for sale?
Yes, I bought a project missing the backglass and still searching for one.

I bought one from Mayfair. He might have another

#68 9 years ago

I bought one from Mayfair. He might have another

He only had the one. It had some kind of issue in the mirrored area. How did that look to you?

#69 9 years ago

Anyone lookng for a besutiful bk2k. Friend selling a nice one in Gaithersburg. Near perfect 2700. Has some tire kickers and trade offers but still Avail

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

He only had the one. It had some kind of issue in the mirrored area. How did that look to you?

You honestly have to be right up on the glass to even notice it. Its like some little specs in the mirror or something. It looks good when I'm playing so I feel good about it.

#71 9 years ago

BGResto will make you a backglass.

Only downside is he cannot replicate the mirror and can only do grey (which he said looks pretty awesome still). For me personally this is better, when i choose to order one from him. I believe he wanted around $225 for it too, pretty cheap.

Go ask him, he will make it

#72 9 years ago

Pass on that. I want original or close to it as possible, so the mirroring would be a requirement for me.

#73 9 years ago

I know this has been covered in other threads for LED flashers in general but I am struggling with figuring out which warming resistor to remove to get the LED flashers on this game to not fire when I hit the flipper buttons. I know I am supposed to remove the ground wire from the boards of the warming resistors but where are the boards. I haven't looked under the playfield so I am sure there are probably some there but are they all under there?

I'm still using stock flasher bulbs but I found these, maybe they will help.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-flasher-question-on-system-11-pinbot

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flasher-problemquestion-system-11

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

85 wow..my best is 22m. 3 ball right?

5 ball (factory default), but really it was the seven extra balls (fueled by 4 RANSOMs) that got my score up there. Lost track of how many times I cycled through all the Hurry-Up values.

#75 9 years ago

5 ball is only a default on older ROM's. What ROM are you running?

I have mine set up a little harder than default. installed medium hard, Set drawbridge to medium so it closes after each lock. No free spin, no magna at start. no free balls for replay or special, you have to get an extra ball by 2 skyway loops then drop down and hit the skyway ramp within 6 seconds I think. Then it's 3 loops and 4 seconds for the next one. My high score is currently 13mil and my friend who's alot better than me has the current high score of 19mil.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from boris_37:

BGResto will make you a backglass.

Only downside is he cannot replicate the mirror and can only do grey (which he said looks pretty awesome still)

He would need source material, unless he's done one already (though wouldn't he list it on his site if he did?) Also for mirroring, why can't he just leave those areas clear then spray it? It's not quite as good as true mirroring, but it's better than grey
http://www.krylon.com/products/looking-glass-mirror-like-paint

#77 9 years ago

It looks like my roms are LA-2; I haven't changed them since I bought it. Sounds like your settings are similar to mine, except for 1 free spin in my settings. I haven't timed how long extra ball stays lit, but it goes unlit right after it tells you about it for the second extra ball, and for the third extra ball it only has a chance to flash 'Extra Ball Is Lit' twice before it goes unlit. The only way to get a fourth or fifth extra ball is via RANSOM.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from Finrod:

It looks like my roms are LA-2; I haven't changed them since I bought it. Sounds like your settings are similar to mine, except for 1 free spin in my settings. I haven't timed how long extra ball stays lit, but it goes unlit right after it tells you about it for the second extra ball, and for the third extra ball it only has a chance to flash 'Extra Ball Is Lit' twice before it goes unlit. The only way to get a fourth or fifth extra ball is via RANSOM.

I don't know what the other differences are other than 3 ball instead of 5 ball. I've never been able to find change logs or anything for the ROM's.

One thing that I think would be cool is if you could restart knights challenge by hitting the scoop again within a few seconds of losing a ball. It always seems like I can make that shot right after the ball drains.

1 week later
#79 9 years ago

I think I've figured out what's been causing an intermittent problem-- every once in a while, instead of starting multiball, the game will kick out the balls and immediately the JACKPOT= will disappear and the game will act as if it's not in multiball (I've started a 3-ball Double Knights this way before). If it's the second or later multiball, the target bank will not raise in front of the drawbridge ramp.

I'm pretty convinced that what's causing it is that it isn't seeing three balls in the lock, so it doesn't start multiball, even though it's done the lead-up to multiball. In particular, I've seen it not raise the target bank until I rattled the machine enough to presumably trigger the 3rd ball lock switch, then it raised the target bank and jackpot multiball started normally. I intend to test it with the glass off soon to verify.

#80 9 years ago

This is a known issue. I made a post about it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bk2k-jackpot-question

I don't know what the fix is, I suppose you could goto switch test and manually lower the drawbridge and sling balls into the lock and see what switch it is.

Please post if you find the cause or fix. If you smack the side of the cab when a ball goes into the lock it seems to help.

2 weeks later
#81 9 years ago

I took a closer look at the lock switches with the glass off, and I discovered that the topmost of the three switches was bent slightly different than the two below it. Putting a ball through it, I found out that the ball triggered the switch if it was all the way to the left in the lock channel, and it didn't trigger the switch when it was all the way to the right. After a bit of work with needle-nose pliers, I got the switch to always trigger no matter how the ball went through it, and since then I haven't had the problem happen again. I imagine it's worse on machines tilted to the right, away from those switches.

#82 9 years ago

Sweet. I fixed my BK2K problem today too. Replaced the Q6 transistor on the board and fixed a wiring problem on the relay.

#83 9 years ago

I just ordered a bunch of stuff to spruce mine up and make a cool lighting mod idea I came up with.

Here's a question for the Black Knights in the hizzle:

On your own BK, or ones that you have played, on a normal full plunge does the ball fall into the WIN lanes or make it around to the flipper?

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

I just ordered a bunch of stuff to spruce mine up and make a cool lighting mod idea I came up with.
Here's a question for the Black Knights in the hizzle:
On your own BK, or ones that you have played, on a normal full plunge does the ball fall into the WIN lanes or make it around to the flipper?

I have been playing quite a bit this week since I finally fixed it. Mine will occasionally make the full loop but usually falls into the WIN lanes

#85 9 years ago

Oh and I'd love to see this lightning mod when your are done.

#86 9 years ago

Oh and I'd love to see this lightning mod when your are done.

Lighting mod, not lightning mod lol.

I'll post pics, it's for the drawbridge and ramp.

I've thought about a lightning mod, but it takes alot of equipment to make tesla coil. I played around with sound activated lumniglass that I was going to put over the pop bumpers but decided against it.

lumindiskbatteryoperatedwhite-379x376.jpglumindiskbatteryoperatedwhite-379x376.jpg
#87 9 years ago

My BK2K is about 75% LED and was upgraded by the previous owner(s). Does anyone have a preference when purchasing LEDs? Cointaker.com is the only option I've seen. I'd like to go 100% LEDs including flashers.

#88 9 years ago

I buy all of mine from comet.

#89 9 years ago

I buy all of mine from comet.

Thanks! Comets prices are much more reasonable. I still haven't found all of the best links for all of the repairs and upgrades I'll eventually be making.

#90 9 years ago

I really like the ones I have gotten from Comet. I have never tried any from cointaker or any of the others but I am happy with these so I have no reason to try them honestly. LED flashers are super bright btw. I will try to load a video of mine. It will almost blind you.

#92 9 years ago

You can see that it is super bright especially the ones around the flippers. I am thinking of replacing at least those with colored flashers the next time I make an order from Comet. I had the colored ones in my Getaway and it was still bright but not as blinding.

#93 9 years ago

I have a mix of LED and incandescent. All my flashers are incandescent. I just installed the LED bumper cap rings, they look cool and when the bumper rings drop the reflection of ring's bottom light's looks like a flasher inside the bumper body.

Pinsider Jean-luc-Picard sells some stickers for them that block your direct view of the LED's. I think now that I see them in person I'm going to get them along with a set of new caps.

I have a lighting mod that I'm going to do for my drawbridge. I'm going to light the targets and tie them to the 1,2,3 lights. I'm also going to light up the drawbridge ramp with the Jackpot and Ransom lights. I'm going to add another roller switch to the drawbridge motor so the drawbridge lights only work when the drawbridge is up and the ramp lights only work when the drawbridge is down.

I have league night in a few weeks, so I'm not going to mess with it before then, but it's on the list.

#94 9 years ago

You can see that it is super bright especially the ones around the flippers. I am thinking of replacing at least those with colored flashers the next time I make an order from Comet. I had the colored ones in my Getaway and it was still bright but not as blinding.

That's pretty impressive. The blinding effect will make it even more difficult to improve my high score. Thanks for posting the video.

#95 9 years ago

My thing with the is that they really start to hurt my eyes after several consecutive games. They look cool but maybe something tone it down. I just don't like the yellow tint on the incandescent bulb which is why I went with the LEDs. I guess you cannot win them all lol.

#96 9 years ago

I like the incandescent flashers because they kind of fade as they turn off so not as much of a strobing effect.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

I like the incandescent flashers because they kind of fade as they turn off so not as much of a strobing effect.

Yeah that is nice. I have all LED in my hurricane with incandescent flashers on the playfield and it does fade nicely. Idk that yellow just kind of pops out at me though. Of course on the light playfield of hurricane it sort of is magnified.

#98 9 years ago

I thought I'd share a little easter eggs that I'm not sure everyone knows of..

Back in the day, one of my arcades had a BK2K, and like almost everyone, thought that the music rocked. I would often turn the game on in test mode while doing EOD stuff, and let it play its song.

However, as you may know in test mode the chorus voices don't work - it's just the background music.

Well, you can get the chorus voices to duo their thing in test mode (at least for 01 Main & 02 2-Ball) by doing the following -

Start a game. Shoot the ball and hit one switch so that the main theme starts.
Before the ball drains (or hits an out-lane switch and starts the bonus music) enter into test mode.
Now that you're in test mode, the music tests will play the chorus as well.

(I was reminded of this while playing the game in VP, oddly.)

#99 9 years ago

On my BK2K, the plunge is kind of erratic, but a full plunge will make the ball sail right by the WIN lanes and zoom towards the upper flipper at warp speed, when it gets a full plunge. It's somewhat of a skillshot to get it to fall into the WIN lanes; 90 percent to N, 9 percent to I, and 1 percent to W, I'd estimate.

1 week later
#100 9 years ago

Has anyone powder coated their wireforms?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.