(Topic ID: 94003)

Black Knight 2000 Club - Knights of the Lightning Wheel.

By NextoPin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,227 posts
  • 227 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Gedc
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240202_133818 (resized).jpg
20240201_210703 (resized).jpg
20240129_213624 (resized).jpg
20240129_213924 (resized).jpg
20240129_214922 (resized).jpg
IMG_5984 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 25.
#801 3 years ago

Just bought a BK2000. I haven't muddled through all 16 pages of this topic yet! Any suggested mods or upgrades?

#802 3 years ago

This might be the dumbest question I've asked on Pinside. I have never owned a topper but I ordered the new BKSOR topper so I would have it. Would it fit on top of BK2000? It hasn't arrived and I don't want to take it out of the box if it wouldn't fit. I know it won't be able to light up or anything.

#803 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

This might be the dumbest question I've asked on Pinside. I have never owned a topper but I ordered the new BKSOR topper so I would have it. Would it fit on top of BK2000? It hasn't arrived and I don't want to take it out of the box if it wouldn't fit. I know it won't be able to light up or anything.

I think it was made specifically for BKSOR. I’m sure it will fit, but doubt it will function properly. These toppers are limited and it should be easy to sell

#804 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I think it was made specifically for BKSOR. I’m sure it will fit, but doubt it will function properly. These toppers are limited and it should be easy to sell

Yep, definitely know it wouldn't fit. I was thinking I could just mount it on top (without lights) for the looks.

#805 3 years ago

I ended up just making my own topper for my BK2K. I hope you like it.

20200817_142152[1] (resized).jpg20200817_142152[1] (resized).jpg
#806 3 years ago
Quoted from milehighpin:

I ended up just making my own topper for my BK2K. I hope you like it.

#807 3 years ago

It's taken five years, but I finally get to join the Knights of the Lightning Wheel! I can't wait to tear into this.

IMG_7646 (resized).jpegIMG_7646 (resized).jpeg
#808 3 years ago

Does anyone have this plastic they'd be willing to part with? Mine appears to be missing. It's the 'future' version of the tiny castle plastic that sits under the drawbridge ramp.

image_43693_1_600x600@2x (resized).jpgimage_43693_1_600x600@2x (resized).jpg
1 week later
#809 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I got a No Fear for Trade for your BK2000....

seems a lil unbalanced ‍♂️

1 week later
#810 3 years ago

Slowly bringing my BK2k back to life and I'm working on sound now. I can get music to play in the diagnostics mode just fine and most of the sounds play (4 and 5 are missing). My question is about the sound test you can run by pressing SW-1 on the board. What's the expected result from that? When I press the button on my board the 'angel chorus' 'Ahhhhhh' sound plays and repeats over and over again. The manual states that I should hear two sounds and in my research on pinside it sounds like I should be hearing a high and low tone.

#811 3 years ago
Quoted from caseydanger:

Slowly bringing my BK2k back to life and I'm working on sound now. I can get music to play in the diagnostics mode just fine and most of the sounds play (4 and 5 are missing). My question is about the sound test you can run by pressing SW-1 on the board. What's the expected result from that? When I press the button on my board the 'angel chorus' 'Ahhhhhh' sound plays and repeats over and over again. The manual states that I should hear two sounds and in my research on pinside it sounds like I should be hearing a high and low tone.

Any battery corrosion on that MPU above or below the battery holder area? Please post a picture of the board.

#812 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Any battery corrosion on that MPU above or below the battery holder area? Please post a picture of the board.

Hello again, @pinballmaniac40! You helped me in my other thread so maybe I should move this question to it's own thread. Let me know if I should do that.

Anyhow, in my "It won't boot" thread I believe you pointed out some corrosion issues on my CPU board so that could very well be my issue. Here's what I've done so far in regards to sound:

- I verified the U21, U22 ROMs on the CPU board and the U4 and U19 ROMs on the audio board. U4 and U21 didn't check out so I reburned those. That actually ended up fixing my boot up tone not occurring and some other sound issues.

- Recapped the audio board with all new electrolytics.

- Had to buy new audio cables (ribbon, and the 4-pin that connects the CPU to the Audio board) as mine were missing. I verified that the ribbon cable isn't offset when installed.

- Music test in diagnostics, all music selections work ( prior to recapping and new rom, this was silent ) and sound great.

- Sound test in diagnostics, all sound selections work except for 4 and 5 so that's another problem. Increasing volume to max for 4 and 5 I still don't hear anything in those slots.

- As I mentioned, pressing SW-1 on the CPU after getting the one 'bong' on startup, it just plays the 'angel chorus' sound over and over until I turn off the machine. It's quite pleasant, but I don't know if it's the "correct" action.

My plan was to download the audio test rom from pinwiki and start tracing out the address lines in the audio section in order to figure out the missing 4 and 5 sounds, but I wanted to just quickly check in the forum exactly the sounds I should expect when hitting the SW-1 switch. As far as the missing sounds go, I suspect it's possible my U9 is acting weird or as I've seen in other pinsider threads the CVSD could be an issue or something I'm unaware of. I also haven't replaced the c15 and c18 electrolytic caps on the CPU board yet; that's also on my list.

I've attached the pictures of my board from that previous thread so some things are outdated on it, including the removal of the battery holder and adding NVRAM from pinitech. Let me know if I should take some updated photos.

IMG_7761.pngIMG_7761.pngIMG_7762.pngIMG_7762.png

#813 3 years ago

Well I replaced the caps at C8 and C15 with no change. Reseated the ROM at U21 and got the missing sounds! Next time I have the board out I’ll replace that socket to really nip that problem in the bud.

As far as the sw1 button goes, I’m still not sure what’s happening. All the sound seems fine but pressing that button just plays the ‘angel chorus’ sound still. I’ll poke around some more. Now I have to figure out my drawbridge problem!

#814 3 years ago

New flashy mod I created for BK2K in case anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/102060

20200829_143218786_iOS (resized).jpg20200829_143218786_iOS (resized).jpg
#815 3 years ago
Quoted from caseydanger:

My question is about the sound test you can run by pressing SW-1 on the board. What's the expected result from that? When I press the button on my board the 'angel chorus' 'Ahhhhhh' sound plays and repeats over and over again. The manual states that I should hear two sounds and in my research on pinside it sounds like I should be hearing a high and low tone.

I did also wonder about the same a few weeks back - result: this is like it should be, only the chorus singing the "Ahhhhh ahhhhs" over and over again - until you reset or switch of the pin.

On your MPU picture U21/U22 are wrong (wrong placed or wrong labeled) - maybe your problem?

#816 3 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

I did also wonder about the same a few weeks back - result: this is like it should be, only the chorus singing the "Ahhhhh ahhhhs" over and over again - until you reset or switch of the pin.
On your MPU picture U21/U22 are wrong (wrong placed or wrong labeled) - maybe your problem?

Thank you so much for checking your switch response! I’m glad to know that’s working.

Ha. Yes they were swapped. That’s an old picture and I should have updated it, but they are now in the right place. I did end up having to re-burn U21 because it was not verifying in my programmer.

Speaking of the sound issue, it’s back! But it’s weird. If I turn on the game after having sat for a while the sounds 04 and 05 in the diagnostics are missing. After the game warms up for about 10-15 minutes the sounds return and all is well. I replaced the socket at U22 I’m wondering if I need to do U21 as well? I’m guessing somewhere a piece of metal or solder is expanding with heat and making correct contact but I’m not sure where.

#817 3 years ago

Has anyone here been able to assess the after-market playfield set now available for BK2000, and is anyone contemplating getting a set and doing a playfield swap? Need some recommendations before I begin my restore.

#818 3 years ago

SOS! i've got a new problem that's probably pedestrian for someone who know what they're doing, but for me its a first. Last night, both right flippers stopped working in the middle of a game (left flipper works just fine). I checked the wiring on the button switch and everything is solid. Also, the lane change switch registers just fine in test as well.

anyone have a suggestion for me on where to start looking for the cause?

#819 3 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

SOS! i've got a new problem that's probably pedestrian for someone who know what they're doing, but for me its a first. Last night, both right flippers stopped working in the middle of a game (left flipper works just fine). I checked the wiring on the button switch and everything is solid. Also, the lane change switch registers just fine in test as well.
anyone have a suggestion for me on where to start looking for the cause?

Did you check the wiring on the lower right flipper coil? Possibly a power wire or control wire came off. I wouldn't suspect a fuse as then both flippers would be dead.

#820 3 years ago
Quoted from caseydanger:

Did you check the wiring on the lower right flipper coil?

thank ya for the post. I checked wiring on both flipper coils and everything is solid. just noticed too when in test and holding in button i get an audible hum, which for a system 11 just doesnt sound right...

edit: sorry for the bother, found the problem... linkage snapped on the lower flipper, so yeah i didnt think it was mechanical, but turns out it was. i've never seen this happen in 35 years of pinball in the house. anyway, i must be mashing on the right flipper too much! happy monday everyone

#821 3 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

thank ya for the post. I checked wiring on both flipper coils and everything is solid. just noticed too when in test and holding in button i get an audible hum, which for a system 11 just doesnt sound right...
edit: sorry for the bother, found the problem... linkage snapped on the lower flipper, so yeah i didnt think it was mechanical, but turns out it was. i've never seen this happen in 35 years of pinball in the house. anyway, i must be mashing on the right flipper too much! happy monday everyone

Ha, wild! I've never seen that happen either. Glad you got it sorted.

3 weeks later
#822 3 years ago

Hello
I am a new owner of a BK2000. I am curious if there's a way to disable the fact that RANSOM carry between 2 games. I would like all letters disable everytime I start a new game but I found nothing in the manual about this.
If it's not possible, how it would work in a tournament to be fair for 2 players?

Thanks

#823 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Hello
I am a new owner of a BK2000. I am curious if there's a way to disable the fact that RANSOM carry between 2 games. I would like all letters disable everytime I start a new game but I found nothing in the manual about this.
If it's not possible, how it would work in a tournament to be fair for 2 players?
Thanks

The manual doesn't appear to say that you can disable it, however adjustment 46 changes how long the Ransom bolt stays lit. In other words, you spell out W-I-N at the top rollovers, and the Ransom bolt lights up for a limited time (that you can set). The manual says the shortest time you can set it for is 3 seconds. With only 3 seconds, it's unlikely anyone would hit it unless the drawbridge is already down, they have a short stay in the pop bumpers, and they make the perfect shot on the first try off the upper flipper.

I just skimmed it really quickly, so you may want to glance through the manual yourself to be sure -- you can find it at https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=311

2 weeks later
#824 3 years ago

quick question.. re the last chance.. so do the 2 balls or at least the second ball need to be locked in during the last ball of the game? seems like when i have 2 locked and go into last ball (im on 5) it doesnt light the last chance. bit if i lock one or the 2nd during the 5th ball it lights. can anyone clarify this?
thnx
heres my beginning of my rumpus room w backlighting super easy only 75$ for both games.. love it!

16C80148-FDAC-47FC-9773-B04F8B3D4B63 (resized).jpeg16C80148-FDAC-47FC-9773-B04F8B3D4B63 (resized).jpegAAC86FFB-8A69-401F-B7E5-B33A4B35C031 (resized).jpegAAC86FFB-8A69-401F-B7E5-B33A4B35C031 (resized).jpeg

#825 3 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

quick question.. re the last chance.. so do the 2 balls or at least the second ball need to be locked in during the last ball of the game? seems like when i have 2 locked and go into last ball (im on 5) it doesnt light the last chance. bit if i lock one or the 2nd during the 5th ball it lights. can anyone clarify this?

Yes, Last Chance only lights when you lock a 2nd one on your last ball.

1 week later
#826 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Yes, Last Chance only lights when you lock a 2nd one on your last ball.

Furthermore, if you light Last Chance, and then light and collect Extra Ball, Last Chance goes out.

It is possible to collect more than one Last Chance in a game. You have to collect it, light and collect Extra Ball, and then you can light and collect Last Chance again while playing the extra ball.

#827 3 years ago
Quoted from Finrod:

Furthermore, if you light Last Chance, and then light and collect Extra Ball, Last Chance goes out.
It is possible to collect more than one Last Chance in a game. You have to collect it, light and collect Extra Ball, and then you can light and collect Last Chance again while playing the extra ball.

Interesting! Didn't realize this -- usually I've collected extra balls earlier in the game and the timer is too short by then, lol.

#828 3 years ago

h-o-a-l-y shiet!! jumped on the game to play as i do a few every night or two.. i get a 2 ball multiball almost right away .. within a he first 3 min prob.. i end up playing that up to like 3-3.5 mil! i got 3 war mills.. (ive been focusing on this as it seems a legit way to pump up the score) then i play a bit more and get to about 4-5 mill and hit kings ransom.. now i know ive passed my highest score and im still on ball one lol. long story short i get up to like 6/7 mill on ball one.. grab an extra ball.. im smashing..
when i first got the game i took the glass off just to ramp up the score n see what happened (plus my kid loves doing that lol) i got the score up to 10 mil. i remember thinking ill NEVER b able to hit 10mill in a normal game. obviously yall know how tuff the game can be! so i end up finishing out with like 10.5 or 10.7 mill or something!! my best game yet.. now i have it on 5 balls cuz 3 just isnt enuff imho on this game.. but like a pinhead once said it only takes 1 good ball! i think now ill ease it back to 3 balls and keep rockin! BK2K is the bestttt!!!

A4FFDC71-3132-4E33-A20F-B4DD963C324A (resized).jpegA4FFDC71-3132-4E33-A20F-B4DD963C324A (resized).jpegE3703E4E-B77B-4CCC-8BF7-526AEC16F9D2 (resized).jpegE3703E4E-B77B-4CCC-8BF7-526AEC16F9D2 (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#829 3 years ago

Hello BK2000 owners. I am in the process of refurbishing a friends BK2000 machine. I am just about finished with it and came across two wires on the underside of the playfield between the two lower flippers that are loose and not attached to anything. The first one is a green/red stripe that are attached together and the second one is a single white/brown stripe wire. The machine appears to work okay, but not sure if these are for anything that could be missing. I have attached a picture. Could someone check their underside, take a picture and let me know what/where these are to be used.
Thanks for your time.......Mike

20201204_120156 (resized).jpg20201204_120156 (resized).jpg
#830 3 years ago

Hi Mike, this is normal - they are for the (not installed) playfield tilt switch - all fine as it is!

#831 3 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

Hi Mike, this is normal - they are for the (not installed) playfield tilt switch - all fine as it is!

Thank you for the update. I appreciate it.

2 weeks later
#832 3 years ago

Joined over the weekend!

IMG_8141 (resized).jpegIMG_8141 (resized).jpeg
#833 3 years ago
Quoted from thegarse:

Joined over the weekend!
[quoted image]

Get ready for battle... beat the Black Knight!

#834 3 years ago

Been seeing an odd behavior on mine: when you chain skyways loops to activate the extra ball shot on the ramp, it just immediately awards it. Anyone seen this before, or is it a setting I'm not aware of?

1 week later
#835 3 years ago

eyy I just joined the club, thanks to replay foundation (RIP my friends). The machine I got seems pretty pristine, with just a bit of wear on the PF, and I dont really know what the condition is, but it plays so sweet! Happy to be a member of the club!

edit: does the "warranty void if removed" number say what the number of the machine made was? If so I am #563.

edit 2: if my backglass has mirror parts on it, does that mean its a repro glass?

#836 3 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

eyy I just joined the club, thanks to replay foundation (RIP my friends). The machine I got seems pretty pristine, with just a bit of wear on the PF, and I dont really know what the condition is, but it plays so sweet! Happy to be a member of the club!
edit: does the "warranty void if removed" number say what the number of the machine made was? If so I am #563.
edit 2: if my backglass has mirror parts on it, does that mean its a repro glass?

First welcome! You'll love the game! It's the top game in my small collection.

563 is the Game Number.

Original Backglass was Mirrored.

#837 3 years ago
Quoted from MDBradley:

First welcome! You'll love the game! It's the top game in my small collection.
563 is the Game Number.
Original Backglass was Mirrored.

ty for the info! This glass is pristine, with zero scratches. I wonder if I just got a really good machine?! I cant stop playing it thats for sure!

edit: ok it has 2 scratches, I just double checked. The PF is also super nice (at least I think it is based on my limited knowledge of older machines)

1 week later
#838 3 years ago

I have rule/ problem question. Sometimes when the spin is flashing the ball will cause the wheel to spin yet other times it enter and just gets ejected at the top with no wheel spin I would think if it ejects it the switch registers it’s there.??
Is this a problem or how it works

#839 3 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

I have rule/ problem question

A lightning wheel spin needs to be qualified, indicated by the white 'SPIN' insert at the entrance of the shot. If the game is set up for medium difficulty, the first spin is a freebie. After the first, then the wheel spin is qualified by the left in-lane rollover switch.

#840 3 years ago

<

Ok then something else is turning on the spin lamp and it’s not supposed to be on. Will check diodes. Thanks

#841 3 years ago

My spin lamp goes on with every lamp in that column. It wasn’t the diode , does that mean the driver is locked on?

1 week later
#842 3 years ago

whats some other high scores from owners?

#843 3 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

whats some other high scores from owners?

42M - and hello from a neighbor in San Marcos!

#844 3 years ago

24M / 4ball

1 month later
#845 3 years ago

Question, once in a while this shows up when I turn on the machine. What is it telling me? I can get it to go away by going into the diagnostics and then out, then doesn't show up again for awhile. Any ideas?

20210302_144104 (resized).jpg20210302_144104 (resized).jpg
#846 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Question, once in a while this shows up when I turn on the machine. What is it telling me? I can get it to go away by going into the diagnostics and then out, then doesn't show up again for awhile. Any ideas?

Not sure if this helps ...

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_System_9_-_11#System_11_.22Adjust_Failure.22_and_.22Factory_Setting.22

#847 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

[quoted image]

Replace those backbox batteries *NOW*. In fact, best to change it to a coin-type battery for the future. If you see any battery leakage, take care of *that*, now, too.

#848 3 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

Replace those backbox batteries *NOW*. In fact, best to change it to a coin-type battery for the future. If you see any battery leakage, take care of *that*, now, too.

Thanks guys, kind of figured on that it was the batteries.
Appreciate the help.

#849 3 years ago

CEB1E1C3-7AD9-422B-8EFC-757985D7C2FC.jpegCEB1E1C3-7AD9-422B-8EFC-757985D7C2FC.jpeg

1 week later
#850 3 years ago

I'm having a strange problem with my BK2K.
New to me. It powers up and appears to boot.
However, when I try to go into diagnostic or settings, it
goes into a loop yes/no, yes/no, yes/no again and again.
I thought the rightmost control button was stuck, but it's not.
There IS a diode across the terminals and I've never seen this before.
Is this normal? Can someone look at their machine and see?
It looks professionally installed - is it factory?
I did try unsoldering one end of the diode, but the symptoms didn't change.
Has anyone seen this before? Any idea what it could be?
The boards do not appear to have battery damage.
Any insight you can offer is appreciated.
Ron Kral

Diode2 (resized).jpgDiode2 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
There are 1,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-club/page/17?hl=la4s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.