(Topic ID: 94003)

Black Knight 2000 Club - Knights of the Lightning Wheel.

By NextoPin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,243 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by koen12344
  • Topic is favorited by 127 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

issue (resized).png
IMG_0270 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0343 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0269 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
BK2K sticker (resized).jpg
20240409_121916 (resized).jpg
IMG_0329 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240202_133818 (resized).jpg
20240201_210703 (resized).jpg
20240129_213624 (resized).jpg
20240129_213924 (resized).jpg
There are 1,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 25.
#751 3 years ago

I had a switch in the trough die and the right lower flipper is machine gunning. Time to dig in and debug.

#752 3 years ago

alright people. I need you to tell me how to pimp out my sound on this game. I put in pinballpro speakers a while back, and while they're an improvement over factory, the sound and music fidelity arent where they need to be for me. I want to annoy the shit out of my neighbors playing this game - tell me how!

#753 3 years ago

You are dealing with 8-bit sound. You may be limited in your options here.

#754 3 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

alright people. I need you to tell me how to pimp out my sound on this game. I put in pinballpro speakers a while back, and while they're an improvement over factory, the sound and music fidelity arent where they need to be for me. I want to annoy the shit out of my neighbors playing this game - tell me how!

I put a flipper fidelity setup in mine, I brought it to a convention and you could clearly hear it over all ~150 other games from the lobby. The convention techs turned it down, but since the bass volume knob is separate and was in the backbox it was still booming.

#755 3 years ago

Hey all,
Whilst looking at the manual, I just noticed in the “miscellaneous parts” section, there is a part labelled as:

34-1470 Start Button Decal

Anyone know what this is? There’s nothing on the pin cab picture on the original flyer presuming it’s something around the outside of the plain start button...

Any ideas / images if so...

2B8115E1-9427-44E2-A8AB-59223BF893E6 (resized).jpeg2B8115E1-9427-44E2-A8AB-59223BF893E6 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#756 3 years ago

Can anyone scan the original topper?

#757 3 years ago

Hey everyone, so I'm happy to be a part of the club mine doesn't have the upper to lower of wireform which many of you have posted about. Can someone who does have that take measurements of the wires? I'm interested in making a reproduction.

#758 3 years ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

Can anyone scan the original topper?

I've got a full plastics set that has the topper in it, if I can figure out how the home office printer/scanner works I could do it, is that what you are after??

IMG20200523104139 (resized).jpgIMG20200523104139 (resized).jpg
#759 3 years ago

Just got my bk2k in the house, loving it!!
Does anyone know where this loose brown/white wire goes?? It is with all the wires that go to the outhole/trough area
Thanks
J

IMG20200521185434 (resized).jpgIMG20200521185434 (resized).jpgIMG20200521185440 (resized).jpgIMG20200521185440 (resized).jpg
#760 3 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

I've got a full plastics set that has the topper in it, if I can figure out how the home office printer/scanner works I could do it, is that what you are after??[quoted image]

I think he is looking for the original topper (see pic below). The one in the CPR set is different. Unfortunately I don't have my BK2K anymore to scan the topper

Chris

DSCF1233 (resized).JPGDSCF1233 (resized).JPG
#761 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I think he is looking for the original topper (see pic below). The one in the CPR set is different. Unfortunately I don't have my BK2K anymore to scan the topper
Chris[quoted image]

Ahhhhh
That original topper looks very cool
Thanks for clearing that up.

#762 3 years ago

Anyone put Pinstadium lights on their BK2K? I installed a color matching LED kit on mine and while the colors are fine. The game is really too dark now. I haven't had a close look at the Pinstadium product to know if it would fit. Some of the upper playfield plastics are really close to the sides and the glass. I may just add a few gi spot lights. But I wanted to know if Pinstadium is an option.

Thanks!

#763 3 years ago

Here are some scans of the topper.

bk2k-1.jpgbk2k-1.jpgbk2k-2.jpgbk2k-2.jpgbk2k-3.jpgbk2k-3.jpg
#764 3 years ago
Quoted from jrh7:

Here are some scans of the topper.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you!!! I also was able to get the original file from a friendly gentleman. Working to get some of these made

#765 3 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

Blast some slayer on your home stereo. That'll do it

2 weeks later
#766 3 years ago

Woo hoo! I finally own a pinball machine again! I now own a Black Knight 2000, but have a bit of work I need to do before it is up and ready to go. At the moment it is taunting me by sitting there waiting to taunt me. I was hoping to ask some people here in the know a few questions to help get it ready.

The first problem is that I need to order one of the inner brackets and two screws to hold on one of the legs. I tried to find that inner bracket on Marco, but couldn't find in anywhere for the BK2K.

Second, I think it needs a rebuild on all 3 flippers. I read a bit about how to do this, but it got confusing as it recommended switching to a more modern kind of flipper and some other things. I'm kind of lost on this. They were functional, but not great.

Third, according to the seller, the ball doesn't kick out into the shooter lane sometimes. He said I just need to grease it, but that seems like that would just gum things up.

Fourth, I need to switch the batteries to an external holder. I saw these as replacements and it seemed pretty straightforward.

Finally, the drawbridge had a delay after hitting it three times before it went down. I'm not sure if that is a setting, or if that is mechanical.

I'm want to order the parts and try all of this, but this will be my first time trying to get things in order. I also really don't know what parts.

Any help you all could provide would be greatly appreciated.

#767 3 years ago

You don't need to do a full flipper swap(though you can). Just drill a small hole in the switch bracket and everything else bolts in place. My right lower flipper had been repaired wrong(switch bracket rewelded too far back, so the pawl made no contact with the EOS switch), so I changed that base for a WPC style. But the other two just got WPC rebuilds. You can pick up the brackets at pinballlife
https://www.pinballlife.com/leg-bracket.html

I recommend switching to the newer style, though. Pbl has those, too.

Don't grease up the mech. Maybe take it apart to see where it might be binding up. Might just need a new sleeve.

Finally, I recommend the cr232 boards that you can find on ebay(search for "Frank's Battery Board Williams Systems" on Ebay), but nvram replacements work, too.

#768 3 years ago

I am soooooo frigging excited!!!!! I just put down my deposit to join the club!!!!! Omggggg!! I cant believe it! I love the game I love steve r designs also have a sw pro..so not only did i find one..i found one thats soooo titsed out it literally is most likely one of the nicest ones on the planet..all upgrades and then soke immaculate..perfect not a single wear spot or issue all chrome front and sides...i cant frigging wait! Its def nicer than when it came out the factory. Cant wait to post pics!!

#769 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

You don't need to do a full flipper swap(though you can). Just drill a small hole in the switch bracket and everything else bolts in place. My right lower flipper had been repaired wrong(switch bracket rewelded too far back, so the pawl made no contact with the EOS switch), so I changed that base for a WPC style. But the other two just got WPC rebuilds. You can pick up the brackets at pinballlife
https://www.pinballlife.com/leg-bracket.html
I recommend switching to the newer style, though. Pbl has those, too.
Don't grease up the mech. Maybe take it apart to see where it might be binding up. Might just need a new sleeve.
Finally, I recommend the cr232 boards that you can find on ebay(search for "Frank's Battery Board Williams Systems" on Ebay), but nvram replacements work, too.

Thank you so much for the answers on this ThatOneDude. Would this be the newer style flipper? https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-rebuild-kit-021988-to-081991.html And what do you do for the upper flipper? Do you also have a link to the correct sleeve? I'm grabbing a pair of the leg brackets https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-new-style-leg-bracket.html and trying to make sure I have the correct everything for my order. And again, thank you for your help.

#770 3 years ago

Read Vid's guide, specifically the part on updating system 11 flippers: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers#post-284661
You will use a WPC rebuild kit after this conversion: https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-rebuild-kit-williamsbally-081993-101998-spooky-2014-present-jjp-2012-present.html

I had some WPC style assemblies for a Flash retheme that is going slow, so I used one to fix my right flipper and bought rebuild kits for the other two(the remaining WPC flippers went into a blackout).
I think that this is the coil sleeve you want, but go measure the originals to be sure: https://www.pinballlife.com/2-316-coil-sleeve.html

#771 3 years ago

Oh, I just realized that you meant the launcher sleeve. Don't know that one of the top of my head. I bought a bag with a bunch of sleeves and I just pick out the right size when I need one. Just pop the old one out and measure the length.

#772 3 years ago
Quoted from Triggerfish:

Woo hoo! I finally own a pinball machine again! I now own a Black Knight 2000

Congrats. Download the 18 MB manual. https://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=311

Quoted from Triggerfish:

Third, according to the seller, the ball doesn't kick out into the shooter lane sometimes. He said I just need to grease it, but that seems like that would just gum things up.

Lubricating it is recommended in the manual. Though, it does not state with what, nor anything about cleaning this assembly. I had very good luck in my 10 years of repairing, by not lubricating it. What I do is take it apart and sand down the male/female parts with 220 grit sand paper. This is highly likely where the issue is. I even bought this new before in the past when I first starting repairing and found it also needed to be sanded down as is just isn't polished before being assembled. This pivot point needs to be smooth. This is just my experience. I also clean and file off the edge of the plunger if that is needed so it does not rub on the inside of the coil sleeve.
pivot (resized).pngpivot (resized).pngBk2k ball feeder (resized).pngBk2k ball feeder (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#773 3 years ago
Quoted from Triggerfish:

Fourth, I need to switch the batteries to an external holder. I saw these as replacements and it seemed pretty straightforward.

Personally, I would install/have install 6116 NVRAM. Soldering is required if the U25 is already not in an IC socket. If you can't solder well, find a friend or send it out to be done.

In conjunction with this, I would replace all the electrolytic capacitors on the power supply. These are the values that would be needed. https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=W12246-PEC-KIT

Quoted from Triggerfish:

Finally, the drawbridge had a delay after hitting it three times before it went down. I'm not sure if that is a setting, or if that is mechanical.

I would go into the switch test and be sure that the 3 targets are registering. Maybe there is a big gap on one of those switch contacts.

#774 3 years ago

0EA3595E-6417-4093-9924-30FCFCD5C823 (resized).png0EA3595E-6417-4093-9924-30FCFCD5C823 (resized).pngim sooooooo excited i got it today. i believe its a hep.. like its insane. i cant see how anything could be upgraded.. my moms so funny i showed it to her and when she heard the chorus kick in she said sounded like the moody blues lol. ok hanks to craig at billiards and more in vegas. shit is insane.. im so happy rn.. thej chrome on it!!

2 weeks later
#775 3 years ago

Finally got mine set up again after moving and decided to tackle the anemic lower right flipper I've been struggling with since I got it. Cleaned up and tweaked all the switches, resoldered a lousy connection on the cabinet button switch, and nothing helped. I can still easily hold it down with a finger at the bottom of the stroke. However, I noticed when looking at the coils on the flippers that the right one is different from the left (which has plenty of kick to it).

Left flipperLeft flipper
Right flipperRight flipper

Am I crazy or did someone who had it before me put the wrong coil on there?

#776 3 years ago

I joined the club this week! Everything's working but the trough. I need the rollover bracket and wires replaced. I can't seem to find them. Does anyone have an alternative solution to this item?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-5844-44

#777 3 years ago
Quoted from Piratedan200:

Finally got mine set up again after moving and decided to tackle the anemic lower right flipper I've been struggling with since I got it. Cleaned up and tweaked all the switches, resoldered a lousy connection on the cabinet button switch, and nothing helped. I can still easily hold it down with a finger at the bottom of the stroke. However, I noticed when looking at the coils on the flippers that the right one is different from the left (which has plenty of kick to it).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Am I crazy or did someone who had it before me put the wrong coil on there?

Flipper coils have 3 solder lugs. Does that coil only have 2? Manual refers to the correct part number.

#778 3 years ago

Hi all-

Does any of your machines have this fairy vs the drawbridge plastic? Number attached links back to bk2000 plastic set I just have t seen others with this.

6B3C94D9-1B28-45F4-947F-1BBBB2AC0B67 (resized).jpeg6B3C94D9-1B28-45F4-947F-1BBBB2AC0B67 (resized).jpeg
#779 3 years ago

I have it.

923A284D-E2C5-4701-8DBE-26A2E697955E.jpeg923A284D-E2C5-4701-8DBE-26A2E697955E.jpeg
#780 3 years ago

I updated my lights to LEDs. However; you cannot see them through the backglass. It's more like a mirrored backglass. I'm wondering if I have a reproduction backglass. Has anyone ever seen this before? The lights definitely work.

MVIMG_20200705_174647 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200705_174647 (resized).jpg
#781 3 years ago
#782 3 years ago
Quoted from MDBradley:

Hi all-
Does any of your machines have this fairy vs the drawbridge plastic? Number attached links back to bk2000 plastic set I just have t seen others with this.
[quoted image]

I have the fairy also.

#783 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I updated my lights to LEDs. However; you cannot see them through the backglass. It's more like a mirrored backglass. I'm wondering if I have a reproduction backglass. Has anyone ever seen this before? The lights definitely work.
[quoted image]

Looks like an original backglass. Sure your backbox GI is working or maybe just dimly lit compared to the playfield GI?

#784 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Looks like an original backglass. Sure your backbox GI is working or maybe just dimly lit compared to the playfield GI?

It is working. I do have a couple of lines that are dim but the others are somewhat bright. Not a peep of light shows through for some reason.

#785 3 years ago

I got a No Fear for Trade for your BK2000....

#786 3 years ago
Quoted from MDBradley:

Hi all-
[quoted image]

I have the drawbridge plastic.

20200708_194606 (resized).jpg20200708_194606 (resized).jpg
#787 3 years ago
Quoted from MDBradley:

Hi all-
[quoted image]

I’ve had both versions and while I think the “castle” version is better theming I prefer the looks of the “future” plastics.

I have the “future” version (with the angel) now.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#788 3 years ago

Stand up and fight!

Picked up my BK2K on Monday. Really excited to finally have this game.

The repair tally after one day is:

- Cleaned everything.
- My game has bubbly mylar which I'm not touching. All inserts and lettering are good.
- Replaced a lot of bulbs. Lots and lots of bulbs.
- Reflowed a cracked solder joint to get the upper PF GI lights working
- Replaced coil stops, sleeves and plungers. Looks like some greased them (ugh!)
- Replaced a few fuses that were testing weird.

Problems still to tackle -

- One segment on the lower display is out across the entire display. I've reseated the cables which did not help. Not sure if it's the glass or something else. Fortunately, it's a segment that's not used much so the minimal impact.
- Some flashers are not working. Bulbs are good. This one is driving me nuts. I spent most of today trying to this one out. The C-Side of the relay seems to be fine. When running any of the C side solenoid/flasher tests I have proper voltage at the each of the sockets, but not all of the flashers are actually working. U1 tests ok on the interconnect board (per instructions from PinWiki). What's even more bizarre is that some of the flashers that don't work in the coil test DO flash during game play. It makes no sense. If anyone has any ideas on this, LMK. I've read at all kinds of posts about fixing Sys 11 flashers and nothing seems to match my situation.

In general, the game is pretty easy to work on, which surprised me. It's been a while since I've dealt with a Sys 11 era game and OMG - the number of boards and the amount of wiring makes my head spin.

If anyone has any thoughts on the flashers, LMK!

bk2k (resized).jpgbk2k (resized).jpg
#789 3 years ago

Collected the King’s Ransom tonight. Damn that was fun...

#790 3 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Collected the King’s Ransom tonight. Damn that was fun...

I find it very interesting that I have a Stern JP but my kids and their friends are all playing BK2K. They are trying to collect the ransom and jackpot. Lol.

#791 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I find it very interesting that I have a Stern JP but my kids and their friends are all playing BK2K. They are trying to collect the ransom and jackpot. Lol.

Lately when I get Ransom up to one letter remaining, I stop playing BK2K altogether until someone else collects it. Give them a crack at the crazy fun.

#792 3 years ago

EVERYTHING IS LIT

#793 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Lately when I get Ransom up to one letter remaining, I stop playing BK2K altogether until someone else collects it. Give them a crack at the crazy fun.

I did the same exact thing with the kids in my neighborhood. I purposely missed the jackpot and built up ransom to the last letter.

#794 3 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Stand up and fight!
Picked up my BK2K on Monday. Really excited to finally have this game.
The repair tally after one day is:
- Cleaned everything.
- My game has bubbly mylar which I'm not touching. All inserts and lettering are good.
- Replaced a lot of bulbs. Lots and lots of bulbs.
- Reflowed a cracked solder joint to get the upper PF GI lights working
- Replaced coil stops, sleeves and plungers. Looks like some greased them (ugh!)
- Replaced a few fuses that were testing weird.
Problems still to tackle -
- One segment on the lower display is out across the entire display. I've reseated the cables which did not help. Not sure if it's the glass or something else. Fortunately, it's a segment that's not used much so the minimal impact.
- Some flashers are not working. Bulbs are good. This one is driving me nuts. I spent most of today trying to this one out. The C-Side of the relay seems to be fine. When running any of the C side solenoid/flasher tests I have proper voltage at the each of the sockets, but not all of the flashers are actually working. U1 tests ok on the interconnect board (per instructions from PinWiki). What's even more bizarre is that some of the flashers that don't work in the coil test DO flash during game play. It makes no sense. If anyone has any ideas on this, LMK. I've read at all kinds of posts about fixing Sys 11 flashers and nothing seems to match my situation.
In general, the game is pretty easy to work on, which surprised me. It's been a while since I've dealt with a Sys 11 era game and OMG - the number of boards and the amount of wiring makes my head spin.
If anyone has any thoughts on the flashers, LMK![quoted image]

I’m so jealous. Congratulations Bro!

#795 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I’m so jealous. Congratulations Bro!

Thanks! I'm super stoked to have this game.

I need some quick help from the owners out there. The relay board mounted to the backbox GI string is hacked on my machine. I assume the connector burned up and the person who fixed it just cut the original wires and connector completely off and hacked in wires, soldering directly to the header pins - proving the old pinball mantra that the worst fix you have to make is the one someone attempted before you got to it.

Anyway - if someone out there wouldn't mind taking a good pictures of the relay board, connector with a clear shot of the wires going in to the connector I'd appreciate it. I know the wiring is all laid out in the manual but I'd prefer to have a reference picture to work from.

Thx

#796 3 years ago

I'm in the market for a new budget pin and I've been watching a ton of videos on this pin. There's one that has come up for sale near me.. How good is the replayability ? I'm debating between a gottlieb Freddy and this bk2000.

#797 3 years ago
Quoted from Roy6585:

I'm in the market for a new budget pin and I've been watching a ton of videos on this pin. There's one that has come up for sale near me.. How good is the replayability ? I'm debating between a gottlieb Freddy and this bk2000.

I prefer BK2K myself. Freddy is ok, but it didn't have the staying power. Mine is a monster that people just get hooked on.

#798 3 years ago
Quoted from Roy6585:

bk2k alllll day freddy cool and im even a major horror fan. no comparison like man said more staying power

#799 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I did the same exact thing with the kids in my neighborhood. I purposely missed the jackpot and built up ransom to the last letter.

My dad stole mine lol

just got my baby new red shoes!!

10B74CF9-6DC1-4FF6-A90A-EBCD00DF1666 (resized).jpeg10B74CF9-6DC1-4FF6-A90A-EBCD00DF1666 (resized).jpeg
#800 3 years ago

Just finished upgrading all of my Sys11's with Playfield-Protectors from Germany. The games now play as smooth & fast as they were designed to be played. Just awesome!

20200731_214932 (resized).jpg20200731_214932 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.99
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-club/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.