(Topic ID: 94003)

Black Knight 2000 Club - Knights of the Lightning Wheel.

By NextoPin

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,038 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by ODENONMYSIDE513
  • Topic is favorited by 113 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220708_211153 (resized).jpg
bk2k_solenoid_table.jpg
20220705_214628 (resized).jpg
20220619_104134 (resized).jpg
System 11B Top (resized).png
20220524_171327 (resized).jpg
20220524_192848 (resized).jpg
16519983376629181623663966151490 (resized).jpg
16519983001752576217879081235851 (resized).jpg
20220508_102244 (resized).jpg
20220508_102224 (resized).jpg
20220508_102147 (resized).jpg
20220508_102214 (resized).jpg
20220508_102129 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20220504_173710 (resized).jpg

There are 1,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 21.
#651 3 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

So balls coming from the upper playfield are easily cradled with a raised right flipper which I think is normal. Ideas for making this more challenging? Different bouncy flipper rubber, lower flipper bat angle so harder to cradle, offset upper to lower playfield wire form so ball hits lower right flipper in different place?? Thoughts? Thanks!

Pretty sure it's a combo of the angle and the rubber. I don't think there's much adjustment from the feed wireform, and I wouldn't take too many liberties with it, they're not easy to replace.

#652 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Pretty sure it's a combo of the angle and the rubber. I don't think there's much adjustment from the feed wireform, and I wouldn't take too many liberties with it, they're not easy to replace.

Good point, from reading earlier posts seems like the wireform is a bear to get. I'll try flipper rubber and flipper angle and go from there....

1 month later
#653 3 years ago

Was wondering if a playfield protector would improve or hurt the look/play with a Mylar playfield? Saw that JOESCHALL has used one and removed the Mylar but I'm not comfortable with this nice of a playfield. In process of a complete playfield tear down so now would be the time to put one on if it helps.

I've done two protectors already but one was a new playfield and one was on a diamondplate original. My biggest concern is the upper playfield has some mylar lifting that I don't want to disturb and protector won't likely help that.

Thoughts from anyone that has used one on their Black Knight 2000 ?

#654 3 years ago

I tried to remove the mylar from one a long time ago and ruined it. Ended up doing a PF swap with a new one from Mirco over the summer and it looks great. Curious to hear about your experience with a protector if you go that route.

#655 3 years ago

I removed Mylar from mine and ruined all the inserts. I had to remove each insert, put in new sanded ones, replace the decals. Clear coat both top and bottom and then.... they ended up shifting somehow (I glued the hell out of them so I don't know). That made the clear move under the play field which made shit bumpy and me extra, extra pissed. That was all caused by dicking around with the mylar (I used the freeze spray method and was super careful but it still pulled up the edges of the inserts / the cracking on the insert decals didn't come off). The happy ending so to speak is that I installed one of those PF protectors from Germany and the bumpy issues I was having are gone for the most part and it makes the game look super nice (Sort of a glossy finish). Put a very light coat of novus 2 on the PF protector and it played just as fast as it did when it was on the regular play field.

My point being, leave the mylar alone unless you are some sort of expert and do put a pf protector overtop of it. It moves but barely I would highly doubt it would hurt the existing lifting.

#656 3 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

I
My point being, leave the mylar alone unless you are some sort of expert and do put a pf protector overtop of it. It moves but barely I would highly doubt it would hurt the existing lifting.

Sorry to hear this tale of woe. Take heed, all. As they say -- "better" is the enemy of "good enough".

#657 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Sorry to hear this tale of woe. Take heed, all. As they say -- "better" is the enemy of "good enough".

Ha Yup, just one of those things. Live and learn. If I was to go back I would have not touched the mylar at all! I'd say this is probably an extreme example (I had much much better results removing the mylar on my Pinbot). However I still lost some insert details (Small stuff but still). I personally would leave it alone!

#658 3 years ago

Thanks guys. I haven’t had good luck either.

So playfield protector no? I’m torn as it will add a nice look and preserve but the Mylar isn’t going to wear any more than it has and won’t hide the typical issues of age anyway. It’s. It not my machine but want to recommend the best path forward as it was my own.

#660 3 years ago

Wow that looks like a thorough tune up

Question: if you’ve already gone through the trouble of completely stripping the Playfield and cleaning/replacing everything over/under it why not install a new Mirco PF?

#661 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Wow that looks like a thorough tune up
Question: if you’ve already gone through the trouble of completely stripping the Playfield and cleaning/replacing everything over/under it why not install a new Mirco PF?

The owner preferred to not go to the expense and I agree with it being as nice as it is.

#662 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

The owner preferred to not go to the expense and I agree with it being as nice as it is.

Makes sense! Looking forward to seeing it put back together.

#663 3 years ago

IMG_1590 (resized).JPG

Joined the club today. Couldn't find one locally so I had her shipped in. Little damage in shipping but otherwise she's looking good. Only had time to put one quick this morning but looking forward to dialing the machine in later tonight. Hoping I can find a red shooter rod replacement but #20-9253-4 seems out of stock everywhere.

IMG_1589 (resized).JPG

#664 3 years ago

I picked one up from pinball life, looks like they have them in stock

https://www.pinballlife.com/ball-shooter-plunger-rod-red-translucent-knob.html

#665 3 years ago

Do you have any pics of what the translucent one looks like on your game?

#666 3 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Do you have any pics of what the translucent one looks like on your game?

Nope. I got it for my Deadpool. Looks just like the picture. I have a black one on my my BK2000. I had one on my CFTBL though, here ya go.

Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 2.43.31 PM (resized).png
#667 3 years ago

I have what's left of a Bk2k playfield decal set
Ink up
Free just pm me

IMG_20190309_142202579 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#668 3 years ago

Gotta train‘em young!

C78DE80F-0A9D-4DCE-B9A6-21D61851173F.jpeg
1 week later
#669 3 years ago

I will be re-joining the club soon! The right side of the main cabinet is badly faded/flaking so I'd like to get a new decal for it. As some of you have run into, you can't buy the pieces individually.

1) Does anyone have a right side decal I could buy?
2) Does anyone need the left side, front, and/or backbox decals? We could go in together on a full set and split them up accordingly.

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

2) Does anyone need the left side, front, and/or backbox decals? We could go in together on a full set and split them up accordingly.

I’m in on a left side and front decal. Mine looks nice from a distance, but I painted my completely faded left and front sides with transparent createx paints. If I would have air brushed the red, it would look perfect.

Edit: The head on mine is stenciled from the factory. I’ve been wanting to scan them so Jeff at www.pinballpimp.com can recreate the stencils.

1 week later
#671 3 years ago

I am having a issue with my Upper playfield interconnect board. I purchased the machine and the J1 - 12 pin & J2 -12 pin have burned off. I was able to repair J2 pin... but there is nothing to solder to on J1. Does J1(12) just go to J2(12)? I cannot find any wiring diagram on this...any help would be appreciated.

pasted_image (resized).png
#672 3 years ago

I got it working... thanks,

#673 3 years ago

Quick question, does anyone elses bottom right coil get hot AF? I've rebuilt the flipper but it is super hot even after a short game (8 to 10 min or so). After that it seems to lose power. I've described my woes regarding this here but to no avil. Curious if that coil gets super hot on everyone game. (Like burn your hand to touch kind of hot). https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bk2k-hot-lower-right-flipper-also-gets-weak

#674 3 years ago

Sounds like your EOS Switch might be shot.

2 weeks later
#675 3 years ago

I’m part of the club! Got a killer deal on a three-pin lineup, one of them being BK2K.

Hauled it downstairs last weekend. While it plays fine and all..I’ve got a lot of work ahead.

Nevertheless, I’m thrilled to own it! The music is so damn cool.

77EB5E55-0904-4461-84B6-5A1280C806B6 (resized).jpeg
#676 3 years ago

Right on!

Unrelated but... I know AF-TOR is rare, however I've been seeing them pop up everyplace these days. Weird!

#677 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Right on!
Unrelated but... I know AF-TOR is rare, however I've been seeing them pop up everyplace these days. Weird!

It’s uncommon for sure (the number I’ve heard is 400) but I imagine people get bored with it quickly. I like it, but it’s not exactly revolutionary, at least in 2019, from a gameplay perspective. People are probably afraid of having to replace impossible-to-find parts, too, i bet.

I love mine, and for $1000 I think I did okay.

360A68EF-937D-4D8F-9F2C-F7C205035864 (resized).jpeg
#678 3 years ago

Just put on some metal mods pop bumper decals. Easy mod and I like the effect with the red chrome .

5C43CAEC-01A5-47C4-9FD0-AA068FF426C0 (resized).jpeg
#679 3 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Just put on some metal mods pop bumper decals. Easy mod and I like the effect with the red chrome .
[quoted image]

Those look great. I ordered a set of red britecap evos to try.

1 week later
#680 3 years ago

Gents,

Has anyone installed RAD-CALS for this title? I’m thinking of pulling the trigger.

Also, any suggestions on refreshing the back box hinges (flat black or semigloss)? Mine have ugly overspray.

#681 3 years ago

Getting closer on this thing. LED swap is basically done except for all those annoying flashers, and I had to use white bulbs a few places where colored would look better..

Replacing the flippers suuuuucked. The bottom pair had to be pried out with pliers because the retaining clip refused to loosen up. I had To go through the left (new) flipper multiple times because the brand new coil was defective and wouldn’t hold the flipper. Instead, it just chartered. Finally gave in and soldered in another new one. Good to go.

What a fun game.

00064658-6F78-4484-9DBA-F502CF60F678 (resized).jpeg38F80336-DC07-4689-B5F6-0D896E0A493C (resized).jpeg7C63A84D-D1A5-4C3E-9F69-ADD1FF8DC1F8 (resized).jpeg
#682 3 years ago

Such a good game when set up fast!!

I used some inverted starpost leds to light up the alleys.

20180901_094329 (resized).jpg
#683 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Such a good game when set up fast!!
I used some inverted starpost leds to light up the alleys.
[quoted image]

That’s a great idea.

Your playfield looks like a sheet of glass!!!

3 weeks later
#684 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Black trim looks great! I've done it to quite a few of my machines. Sof cftbl bsd etc.
I was just reading in stern 2019 topic how someone thinks bk2000 is the worst sys 11 ever. No waaaaay![quoted image][quoted image]

Were is this art package coming from on the SoF?
Never saw it before

#685 3 years ago

Custom one I did for myself

2 weeks later
#686 3 years ago

Black knight 2000 owners looking for a little help here. I am shopping my BK2K and I have a question. Just below the left bank of drop targets , what is the correct configuration of posts and rubbers? I have seen different setups and I am not sure of what is correct. Is it a small metal post on top and a bigger plastic post on bottom and one rubber? I can't tell from the manual. Pictures would be great.

Thanks

Kramertheman

1 week later
#687 3 years ago

My BK2K won Best in Play: Late 80s at the Pintastic show in Sturbridge this past weekend. I also got to meet Steve Ritchie and he signed the apron. Pretty awesome

2019-06-29 12.50.51 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#688 3 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

My BK2K won Best in Play: Late 80s at the Pintastic show in Sturbridge this past weekend. I also got to meet Steve Ritchie and he signed the apron. Pretty awesome [quoted image]

That's kickass dude!!

#689 3 years ago

Hey guys! I joined the club today, and I'm so excited!! Love this game!

#690 3 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Hey guys! I joined the club today, and I'm so excited!! Love this game!

Congrats. Too excited to post a picture?

#691 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Congrats. Too excited to post a picture?

HAHA, it is being shipped. It will be several weeks before I get it in our home. I'll post a picture then.

#692 3 years ago

A lot of BK2K wanted and for sale all of the sudden. Wonder if #bksor is contributing to our title changing hands quicker now.

1 week later
#693 3 years ago

New owner, cant wait to get it home...but still in need of borrowing a car to pick it up soon.
bk2000_1 (resized).png

Playfield and cabinet are in pretty good looking state, only the mylar bubbling concerns me a little.
bk2000_4 (resized).png

I guess the best is to let it be that way, as many mylar remover saying they would have let it on there knowing the outcome when they did pull it.
bk2000_5 (resized).png

It was stored the last 10 years in a dry basement (befor that it was at somebodies home for 10 years and did not get many use), unfortunatly the batteries have gone wild and spiled a little onto the pcb (even if they replaced the existing battery holder with an external one, but installed it above the cpu board :facepalm
bk2000_9 (resized).png

It is not powering up regarding the seller (only GI and nothing else) but the price was to good to pass on it.
Any idea what it could be? I'm guessing 5V are not present because BR1 bad or someting like it - other suggestions?

2 weeks later
#694 3 years ago

I've created these custom apron cards, and am making them available for $10 per set, including US postage. I print these on a photo printer using OEM ink (no cheap third party) and OEM ultra gloss photo paper. I then cover in 3 mil clear gloss laminate, razor cut to size, and then darken all edges.

Please PM me if interested for ordering details (FYI, samples here are low-res, but printed cards will be high-res).

BK2K - Title.jpgBK2K - Instruction.jpg
#695 3 years ago

Nice! Is this a one-off, or does that mean BK2K is going to get the same kind of attention your Getaway has with all those mods and sound packages?

#696 2 years ago

Knights,

Does anyone know if the cab is painted with lead paint?

About to paint mine after I do an F14

#697 2 years ago
Quoted from Bulldozer:

Knights,

Lead paint was banned in the US in 1977, so I'd say no, unless someone repainted it.

Chris

3 weeks later
#698 2 years ago
Quoted from Bulldozer:

Knights,

I'm not an expert in any way, shape, or form, but I recall reading somewhere that while lead paint was banned in consumer goods, it was still used in commercial applications much later. I believe it was in a Vid1900 thread.

1 week later
#699 2 years ago

Newcomer to the club. The machine needs cleaning and lots of love !!!!.
Can someone explain to me how to lift the miniplayfield? Thank you!!!

20190913_154446 (resized).jpg
#700 2 years ago

You need to remove the screw in the center of the backboard (by the t-shirt decal if you have it), then just lift up on it *slowly* from the back. There is a metal prop rod underneath to hold it up. Be careful of the right wire form as it has that springy end for a reason, and watch the large plastic on the left as I snapped it in half opening it up before. Hope that makes sense...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
3,750 (OBO)
Sale Pending! Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
There are 1,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!