(Topic ID: 94003)

Black Knight 2000 Club - Knights of the Lightning Wheel.

By NextoPin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,245 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by cidtrip
  • Topic is favorited by 129 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

issue (resized).png
IMG_0270 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0343 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0269 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0266 (resized).jpeg
BK2K sticker (resized).jpg
20240409_121916 (resized).jpg
IMG_0329 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240202_133818 (resized).jpg
20240201_210703 (resized).jpg
20240129_213624 (resized).jpg
20240129_213924 (resized).jpg
There are 1,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 25.
#501 6 years ago

Is it just me, or this game really difficult to loop? My best has been two loops, and that's hard... either because it comes screaming around that corner, or, sometimes it's not lined up flush with the flipper on the back end of the loop or it bricks off the turn into the end of the loop, then falling into the rollovers.

??

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Did you get my email? Your plastics are on the way
Chris

Got it! Sorry I had missed it before. Thanks again!

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Is it just me, or this game really difficult to loop? My best has been two loops, and that's hard... either because it comes screaming around that corner, or, sometimes it's not lined up flush with the flipper on the back end of the loop or it bricks off the turn into the end of the loop, then falling into the rollovers.
??

Do you have this message to operators document? It address that issue.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/311/Williams_1989_Black_Knight_2000_An_Important_Message_To_Operators.pdf

Chris

#504 6 years ago

That is effin' AWESOME. I hadn't seen that before. Imagine being able to call Steve Ritchie and shooting the breeze. Too cool.

#505 6 years ago

Just got my new backglass today, no complaints.

0320181303_HDR (resized).jpg0320181303_HDR (resized).jpg

0320181303_Burst01 (resized).jpg0320181303_Burst01 (resized).jpg

#506 6 years ago

This is really cool - thanks for sharing.

Does anyone know what the MSRP of Black Knight 2000 was when it was released?

#507 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Ok after Comparing my space shuttle pin and black knight, seems the entire upper playfield GI lights are dimmer ( I installed similar co Braked LEDs) but the pop bumpers are the most noticeable (cointakers jetbumper LEDs). At the interconnect board, I think it was J9, after pulling it ,that killed the GI light for the upper playfield. Maybe there is a cold solder joint on this board causing the dimmed lighting but the light intensity doesn’t change if I wiggle the connector in place. Maybe the aux power board? Any suggestions would be great to trouble shoot next. Otherwise may load the parts cannon and order a new aux and main power board.

DOn't know if anyone's answered this, but I had the same issue.

Interconnect board underneath the playfield, under the ramp area. GI connector there was cooked.

4 weeks later
#508 6 years ago

Just joined the club. Found a HUO. Looks like it never had the drop target decals. Here's a few pics. I haven't touched it yet. I hasn't been used in years. Should clean up nice. The mylar has some bubbles, but not sure what can be done about that. Haven't played it yet because the batteries leaked, gotta take care of that.

IMG_1516 (resized).JPGIMG_1516 (resized).JPG
IMG_1514 (resized).JPGIMG_1514 (resized).JPG
IMG_1515 (resized).JPGIMG_1515 (resized).JPG

#509 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Just joined the club. Found a HUO. Looks like it never had the drop target decals. Here's a few pics. I haven't touched it yet. I hasn't been used in years. Should clean up nice. The mylar has some bubbles, but not sure what can be done about that. Haven't played it yet because the batteries leaked, gotta take care of that.

Looks great! congrats! If the mylar is bubbling the only thing you can really do about it is remove the mylar which is a huge process. if its not bothering you and you aren't doing a full teardown i wouldn't bother. Just replace those rubbers, service your boards, and play!

#510 6 years ago

Beautiful.

DO NOT TRY TO TAKE THE MYLAR OFF. I ruined a playfield doing this, and it turns out that the glue used on this and games immediately around this time take the art off with the mylar. Bubbles are normal on this machine... the one you have looks to be minimal and in great shape.

Congrats!

#511 6 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

Beautiful.
DO NOT TRY TO TAKE THE MYLAR OFF. I ruined a playfield doing this, and it turns out that the glue used on this and games immediately around this time take the art off with the mylar. Bubbles are normal on this machine... the one you have looks to be minimal and in great shape.
Congrats!

What method did you use for Mylar removal? I'm going to be removing mine, if it gets ruined I was considering the mirco reproduction anyways. I have used the freeze spray method successfully in the past on a 1990 Williams Rollergames and had no art come up.

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

What method did you use for Mylar removal? I'm going to be removing mine, if it gets ruined I was considering the mirco reproduction anyways. I have used the freeze spray method successfully in the past on a 1990 Williams Rollergames and had no art come up.

When I first got mine, the mylar was really dull and wouldnt buff out to my satisfaction, so I removed it by freezing. Not only did none of the artwork come off, none of the glue came off. What was odd is that the glue was 100% intact, but virtually invisible... So I stood there and scratched my chin for a few minutes and decided what the hell, mylar is cheap, and I put new mylar right on top of the old glue just to see what it would look like.
Its still like that today, nobody can ever tell and my PF's are glossy and look brand new again.

#513 6 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

By the way, I shouldn't have said that all mylar removal will take the art off on BK2K, but I don't think anyone's figured out a way to know if it will or if it won't. This was more than 15 years ago, so I'm not sure what order I tried the different methods, but none of

(1) Goo-gone
(2) Heat gun
(3) Freezing

produced any different results.

Unlike @theonlyest, I wasn't smart enough to try to leave the glue alone. (Brilliant idea!)

Very happy to see that Mirco repros are coming out. I have a decent example now, but definitely bubbles in the mylar and a worn Magnasave ring and Last Chance insert. The big debate: Do I try to swap it myself, or do I bite the bullet and go HEP?

#514 6 years ago

Freeze spray method is supposed to leave the glue behind. glue removal is the second step. The best results for removing glue (at least from williams factory mylar from this time period) that I have found is to soak a paper towel in 91% iso alcohol and lay it on top of the glue area with something heavy on top for ~30 minutes. then use that paper towel and a fresh dry one to wipe up as much of the glue as possible, repeat as needed. ive never hurt any art with this method once the mylar itself was gone. Goo-gone does nearly nothing to this glue as far as i can tell, heat gun will make it gummy, but doesn't help in removal as far as i can tell.

1 week later
#515 5 years ago

Does anyone have a scan of the center playfield insert art? (the knight head) Mine is ghosting really badly and I am redoing all my insert decals anyways so id love to do the center too.

#516 5 years ago

FYI, Mirco's repro playfield sets are now available to buy.

https://www.facebook.com/mircoplayfields/

#517 5 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

FYI, Mirco's repro playfield sets are now available to buy.
https://www.facebook.com/mircoplayfields/

I wish they came out last month, im too broke now and have to restore the one I have.

#518 5 years ago

If anyone has a lower play field that looks pretty good (I know lots of people are about to buy up the repro play fields that are coming out), Please PM me as I would be interested. Ideally I'd buy a repro one as well but that doesn't seem to be in the cards. Thanks!

#519 5 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

If anyone has a lower play field that looks pretty good (I know lots of people are about to buy up the repro play fields that are coming out), Please PM me as I would be interested. Ideally I'd buy a repro one as well but that doesn't seem to be in the cards. Thanks!

Same here but hoping for a nice upper PF!

#520 5 years ago

I think I'm gonna try to make my old pf into a functional coffee table, sorry boys

On that note, if anyone has a spare set of plastics (doesn't have to be in great shape) I'm in the market

#521 5 years ago

Just finished up some minor repairs, changed to a tad bit brighter Comet GI LEDs in the upper playfield area, and cleaned/waxed it. It is ready to take your money.
20180504_150553 (resized).jpg20180504_150553 (resized).jpg20180504_150536 (resized).jpg20180504_150536 (resized).jpg

#522 5 years ago

Hi all. Just joined the club. Anyone have or know where I can buy a set of wire ramps for it?

#523 5 years ago

Since I need to buy a new oil tank for my house instead of a repro playfield like I wanted, I've been restoring my existing plan field. Mylar pulled up, glue removed, and now the inserts have been scraped clean of their prior finish and spiderwebbing. I think I have some ghosting on the large Knight decal in the very center, but I cannot find a scan of that art to make a decal. Does anyone have a playfield scan?

FJIMG_20180503_211915 (resized).jpgFJIMG_20180503_211915 (resized).jpg

#524 5 years ago

Can someone get a good picture or just tell me what wires go where on the right flipper secondary EOS switch that powers the upper right flipper. This game was missing the complete flipper assembly. Just put one in I had laying around but need to ad the EOS for the upper flipper. I know I have one solid blue wire that was cut that leads to the upper flipper.

bk2k01 (resized).jpgbk2k01 (resized).jpg

#525 5 years ago

I was able to recreate the center insert art using a good picture I found. Here is my result after about an hour editing, and a vectorizing program. If you use this in a restore let me know! EDIT: make sure to full size the image before saving/judging. Pinside's preview makes its grainy, undoing a half hours work.

BK2K Insert (resized).pngBK2K Insert (resized).png

Added over 6 years ago:

EDIT: Final versions in later post

#526 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Can someone get a good picture or just tell me what wires go where on the right flipper secondary EOS switch that powers the upper right flipper. This game was missing the complete flipper assembly. Just put one in I had laying around but need to ad the EOS for the upper flipper. I know I have one solid blue wire that was cut that leads to the upper flipper.

Blu & Blk - Yel
Probably can help.

bk2k (resized).JPGbk2k (resized).JPG

#527 5 years ago

The flippers on mine seem a little droopy compared to my other games. There are holes in the playfield, but I'm not sure how the are meant to be used. Right now they are covered by the flipper. With the hole about centered under the flipper bat. Not sure if this is meant to help with the shots on this particular playfield layout. Right now, the combo from the upper level to the lower right flipper and back up the skyway shot works pretty well.

Also, the wire rails under the flipper bats are all the way down. How were they positioned from the factory?

#528 5 years ago

This is blasphemy, but I am now out of the club. I may be back at some point, but it was time for someone else to Enjoy my BK2K. I sold it on Friday at the Allentown show and the buyers seemed excited to get it. I hope it loves a long and happy life.

Chris

#529 5 years ago

“You don’t have the power... you don’t have the might... but we know you’ll be back... you can’t resist the Black Knight!”

#530 5 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

I was able to recreate the center insert art using a good picture I found. Here is my result after about an hour editing, and a vectorizing program. If you use this in a restore let me know! EDIT: make sure to full size the image before saving/judging. Pinside's preview makes its grainy, undoing a half hours work.

Thanks very much for this....I have been watching for one of these for a while.
Can you tell me what the scale is to get it down to the actual size for the art on the playfield?

Thanks
John

#531 5 years ago
Quoted from johnjones:

Thanks very much for this....I have been watching for one of these for a while.
Can you tell me what the scale is to get it down to the actual size for the art on the playfield?
Thanks
John

I haven't gotten that far yet. once i have trial and errored it to size ill post my findings

1 week later
#532 5 years ago

Anyone have or know where to find a couple pieces of plastic? I’m looking for the piece over the left bank of drop targets and the very large piece to the right of the upper flipper. Thanks in advance for the help.

#533 5 years ago

can someone take a closeup picture of their kickback insert for me? My decal scan is missing kickback and i need something to compare my recreation to (font size, location, etc.)

2 weeks later
#534 5 years ago

Hi all. Joined the club this week. Few issues to sort out but having fun on this machine...the sounds are so good.
My pin area has a very low ceiling - so no toppers.
I have one of the really nice vacuum formed ones that I am selling in the market place if anyone is interested perfect condition.

20180609_044736_resized (resized).jpg20180609_044736_resized (resized).jpg
#535 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all. Joined the club this week. Few issues to sort out but having fun on this machine...the sounds are so good.
My pin area has a very low ceiling - so no toppers.
I have one of the really nice vacuum formed ones that I am selling in the market place if anyone is interested perfect condition.

Congrats and welcome! You may want to post a link to your ad, I couldn't find it anywhere.

#536 5 years ago

I want back in the club

Anyone want to trade for a nice black hole and some cash?

#537 5 years ago

Does anyone have a scan or good picture of the "T Shirt" sticker? The one next to the circular service screw sticker? Mine is missing and I find I'd like to reproduce it if possible.

#538 5 years ago

Picked one of these up at Allentown, I believe it was from SilverUnicorn. Game is in good shape, I pulled off the mylar and buffed the playfield. Just need to take care of the inserts and get it back together.

IMG_3736 (resized).jpgIMG_3736 (resized).jpg
#539 5 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Picked one of these up at Allentown, I believe it was from SilverUnicorn. Game is in good shape, I pulled off the mylar and buffed the playfield. Just need to take care of the inserts and get it back together.

And I shall follow your progress! Glad you're enjoying it.

Chris

2 weeks later
#540 5 years ago

Anyone have a spare set of plastics for sale? Or is there anywhere to buy a repro set?

I am considering buying all parts to build up my playfield instead of transferring, that way I have a fully populated set I can do a working coffee table with it or even drop it in an empty cab. Is this a trash idea? Am I looking at spending more than $5-600 on parts?

#541 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

??

This exact shot is why I would like to track down a real BK2000 to play a few games. I hit lots of successive upper PF loops on Pinball Arcade and would like to see if I can do it the same way non-digitally. And during multiball.

It seems like strictly a timing thing where you want to hit the flipper button as the ball crosses about the midpoint of the flipper. Too late and the flipper dividers deflect it or you whiff completely. On PA I have more of a time making the lock shot ramp behind the drawbridge than I do shooting the loop. For the ramp you seem to have to engage the flipper as soon as the ball hits it when it travels fast. The more slowly it rolls around the orbit, hit the ball with the lower half of the flipper, much like you're shooting the orbit from the lower PF right flipper.

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

This exact shot is why I would like to track down a real BK2000 to play a few games. I hit lots of successive upper PF loops on Pinball Arcade and would like to see if I can do it the same way non-digitally. And during multiball.
It seems like strictly a timing thing where you want to hit the flipper button as the ball crosses about the midpoint of the flipper. Too late and the flipper dividers deflect it or you whiff completely. On PA I have more of a time making the lock shot ramp behind the drawbridge than I do shooting the loop. For the ramp you seem to have to engage the flipper as soon as the ball hits it when it travels fast. The more slowly it rolls around the orbit, hit the ball with the lower half of the flipper, much like you're shooting the orbit from the lower PF right flipper.

On a fast playing game, the upper loop is tough for me to hit more than 3 times... I think my loop champion is 7 and I've owned the game for more than 20 years.

#543 5 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

Anyone have a spare set of plastics for sale? Or is there anywhere to buy a repro set?
I am considering buying all parts to build up my playfield instead of transferring, that way I have a fully populated set I can do a working coffee table with it or even drop it in an empty cab. Is this a trash idea? Am I looking at spending more than $5-600 on parts?

While I'm doing the playfield swap on mine, I'm replacing anything that doesn't look new. A plastics set, new pop bumper bodies, caps, rings, lamp sockets, new star posts, lane guides, flipper bats, a titan ring kit... that stuff alone is getting close to the $600 mark, and that's nothing underneath the playfield. I haven't even bought flipper rebuild kits, etc.

I also think you'd have a very very hard time finding the wood rails, game-specific metal guides, etc. And repro ramps alone are not cheap. I think you'd be looking at a couple grand to populate a new set of playfields piecemeal. Just my opinion...

1 week later
#544 5 years ago

My restoration is entering the final stages. Here is the center insert art completed and ready for final clearcoat. I'm going to post the files required to do this in a post right after this one.

2018-07-09 18.30.36 (resized).jpg2018-07-09 18.30.36 (resized).jpg
#545 5 years ago

1. Completed artwork. will work best if you want to edit it for your own purposes, Don't have a cutting machine, or want to use clear decals (because you are lazy)

2. What you print on the white backed decal if you have a Silhouette Cameo cutting machine like me (grab one used for $100. totally worth it if you ever do insert decals)

3. What you use to generate cut lines in the silhouette software.

Print at 64.5mm scale
BK2K Insert adjustedagainagain (resized).pngBK2K Insert adjustedagainagain (resized).pngBK2K Insert adjustedagainagainblackedout (resized).pngBK2K Insert adjustedagainagainblackedout (resized).pngBK2K Insert adjustedagainagainstencil (resized).pngBK2K Insert adjustedagainagainstencil (resized).png

1 week later
#546 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

I decided to make the missing page from the Black Knight 2000 manual after my latest rubber change out to a full set of super-bands from cointaker
Please let me know if you would like any improvements or if you see any critical flaws.

Thanks so much for this. I'm putting mine back together now and would have gotten it ALL screwed up. I'd add the post rubbers that divide the lanes on the lower PF.

#547 5 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Thanks so much for this. I'm putting mine back together now and would have gotten it ALL screwed up. I'd add the post rubbers that divide the lanes on the lower PF.

Will do! I suggest putting the thinner walled post rubber on the upper playfield top right post, as well. It makes for a more satisfying loop experience.

#548 5 years ago

Can someone take a photo of their Magnasave plastic for me? the straighter and higher the resolution the better. I want to make my own replacement plastic and I need the art. I will make my work available to the community when its done.

#549 5 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Can someone take a photo of their Magnasave plastic for me? the straighter and higher the resolution the better. I want to make my own replacement plastic and I need the art. I will make my work available to the community when its done.

PM Sent.

#550 5 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:1. Completed artwork. will work best if you want to edit it for your own purposes, Don't have a cutting machine, or want to use clear decals (because you are lazy)
2. What you print on the white backed decal if you have a Silhouette Cameo cutting machine like me (grab one used for $100. totally worth it if you ever do insert decals)
3. What you use to generate cut lines in the silhouette software.
Print at 64.5mm scale

Thanks very much for this.....
John

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.99
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-club/page/11?hl=onlydjz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.