(Topic ID: 94763)

Black Knight 2000 - all three bumpers don't work - no power.

By creech927

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider creech927.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi there!

Just picked up a BK2K after being without one for years and truly regretting parting with mine. Anyways, the machine I picked up has an issue where the three bumpers on the upper playfield don't work. I've put the game into test mode and the coil test doesn't fire any of the three. I restarted test mode and checked for voltage at the coil and didn't find any voltage. (I also tried grounding out the tab of Q8 to test the AC switch). I've pulled all fuses and checked, 0.00ohms on each fuse.

What else should I be checking? Every other coil seem to work. Just not all three bumpers.

(Side note, when I first picked up the game, two of the three bumpers would work, and one was locked on whenever the game was playing. that lasted about a day, then none of them worked, not even the previous locked on one, which is now just dead.)

Thanks!

-Greg

#3 9 years ago

Doh! Hidden fuse was hidden! Thank you.

Now I've got that out of the way, I've got one stuck bumper to deal with. I'm assuming it's a stuck driver transistor. Should I just replace the TIP122 at Q75, or is there more to it? I've seen others reference a diode that needs to be replaced when the driver transistor is replaced. Do you know what diode that may be?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Oradell, NJ
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.99
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,500 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider creech927.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-all-three-bumpers-dont-work-no-power?tu=creech927 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.