New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 94763)

Black Knight 2000 - all three bumpers don't work - no power.

By creech927

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by johnwartjr
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider creech927.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi there!

Just picked up a BK2K after being without one for years and truly regretting parting with mine. Anyways, the machine I picked up has an issue where the three bumpers on the upper playfield don't work. I've put the game into test mode and the coil test doesn't fire any of the three. I restarted test mode and checked for voltage at the coil and didn't find any voltage. (I also tried grounding out the tab of Q8 to test the AC switch). I've pulled all fuses and checked, 0.00ohms on each fuse.

What else should I be checking? Every other coil seem to work. Just not all three bumpers.

(Side note, when I first picked up the game, two of the three bumpers would work, and one was locked on whenever the game was playing. that lasted about a day, then none of them worked, not even the previous locked on one, which is now just dead.)

Thanks!

-Greg

#3 6 years ago

Doh! Hidden fuse was hidden! Thank you.

Now I've got that out of the way, I've got one stuck bumper to deal with. I'm assuming it's a stuck driver transistor. Should I just replace the TIP122 at Q75, or is there more to it? I've seen others reference a diode that needs to be replaced when the driver transistor is replaced. Do you know what diode that may be?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bokchito, OK
$ 7,599.00
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
4,499 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Port Charlotte, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider creech927.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside