Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Black_Knight_2000_left_side.JPG
imagejpeg_5.jpg
imagejpeg_4.jpg
imagejpeg_3.jpg
imagejpeg_2.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Hey I am looking at a black knight 2000 pin. I have never played it but it looks cool. Is it worth $1200?

#2 11 years ago

He says Pf 9/10 cabinet 7.5/10. No errors

#3 11 years ago

Ask for pictures.

#4 11 years ago

That's a steal, no matter where you live. Assuming his ratings are in line with yours.

#5 11 years ago

Yes, good game, good deal

#6 11 years ago

$1200, in reasonable condition is a steal (I know this is on ebay). If it weren't in cali, I'd buy it. I only say this because this is nostalgia to me (played it many times as a teen). I played it recently at PHOF, and I still love it. If it's your first time playing, not sure how it would be perceived.

#8 11 years ago

Not sure if that's it. I didn't find it on eBay. What do these normally go for?

#9 11 years ago

If it's the one on Ebay than that isn't the price...it's going up and up

#10 11 years ago

Sold mine far north of 1200 Hard to find with a good cab and pfs.
That being said only good in a large line up ....very right hand heavy ...lower pf too fast to mess with...gotta keep it up top and there is only one flipper there.

#11 11 years ago

if its the one for sale in corona ca i would pass. looks pretty beat up. the guy has had it listed multiple times with no sales. doesnt have the correct plastics from what i remember.

Quoted from vintage4life:

Hey I am looking at a Black Knight 2000 pin. I have never played it but it looks cool. Is it worth $1200?

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Sold mine far north of 1200 Hard to find with a good cab and pfs.
That being said only good in a large line up ....very right hand heavy ...lower pf too fast to mess with...gotta keep it up top and there is only one flipper there.

I'm glad someone on here said this, because usually I am reading BK2K threads feeling like I am playing an entirely different game than the rest of the Internet.

I'm a big Ritchie fan and I think he is one of the best physical gameplay designers ever, but BK2K is his only game I just don't "get". The upper PF and right flipper vs. lower PF comes off overwhelmingly unbalanced. I keep hoping I am just missing something in the gameplay that makes the lower PF worth breaking the right flipper routine.

#13 11 years ago

I think that is the one on ebay. So i should pass? He said he woud bring it to me for $1300.

#14 11 years ago

I think it would go good in your line up, but I also think its never a good idea to pay for a game until you have played it at least a few times.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I also think its never a good idea to pay for a game until you have played it at least a few times.

I agree.. at least play a virtual version:
http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-1645-black_knight_2000

#16 11 years ago

How would you guys compare Getaway highspeed 2 to black knight 2000? I have played getaway and really liked it!

#17 11 years ago

Black Knight 2000 is a pin like no other... i dont know if you can really compare. Unique music, sounds and gameplay. Best to get your hands on one and give it a go. A virtual pin will atleast give you an idea of the shots and flow.

#18 11 years ago

Agree that a virual pin will give you a feel for it. It's a really fast machine, you drain a LOT. Not a huge amount of depth to it, but really fun if you like a shooters game. Artwork and sound are really top notch imo and does not get much better. Like many say most of the work is done on the right flipper and its a challenge to keep the ball on the upper playfield.

Like I said before I always think you should play a game before buying it, but I might recommend it double for this game, might be love it or hate it, not a lot of middle ground.

Having said that if it was not a 15 hour drive round trip for me I would SERIOUSLY be trying to buy this.

#19 11 years ago

It will also teach you to nudge to try and keep the ball up top! I enjoyed playing sealclubbers when he had it. Took a few games to get into.

That price sounds pretty fair.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

Hey I am looking at a Black Knight 2000 pin. I have never played it but it looks cool. Is it worth $1200?

I have seen this game in person..it is okay not great missing a few plastics and has the wrong slings. The games he has for sale are from a container overseas so just be sure it doesn't have water damage a lot of rust etc.

Lisa

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I have seen this game in person..it is okay not great missing a few plastics and has the wrong slings. The games he has for sale are from a container overseas so just be sure it doesn't have water damage a lot of rust etc.
Lisa

Hmmm all this stuff makes me not even want to mess with it.

#22 11 years ago

Hmmm all this stuff makes me not even want to mess with it.

here are some pics of the game

imagejpeg_2.jpgimagejpeg_2.jpg imagejpeg_3.jpgimagejpeg_3.jpg imagejpeg_4.jpgimagejpeg_4.jpg imagejpeg_5.jpgimagejpeg_5.jpg

#23 11 years ago

Yeah looks pretty beat. But it is only $1200. Still not sure if its worth it. Ill have to check it out myself.

#24 11 years ago

The play field looks pretty decent. BK2ks are know for bubbling mylar so that is the first thing you want to look at. I just sold my cherry BK2k for over 3K but it was in amazing shape. Just to give you an idea. The Cabinet looks kind of rough so if that does not bother you $1200 is a great price. A lot of BK2Ks have speech issues and sound card issues. Ask the seller if the sound and speech are ok. You can find replacement sling plastics from Marco I believe. as well as replacement panels for the graphics here: http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch;jsessionid=9947202342CDDFD333C757BA0F847B9C.jvm1?SEARCH_STRING=black+knight+2000

Ask for close up high res pictures of play field. look for bubbling. Sound has to work. Look for magna save area wear. very common to see magnet burn on these. Stiil at that price you really can't go wrong with this.

BK2K is an awesome game but can get old quick. It's one of those pins you play once in awhile. Achieving RANSOM MODE is well.. awesome!
I installed Speaker kit on mine and the sound was great!. BK2K will get your heart pumping and will scare your neighbors if you play it loud enough.

Great sounds and lights.. its fast and furious game.. it will kick your ass.
As for HIGH SPEED 2.. totally different game. But also another excellent game to have in the collection. IMHO these are two of the best system 11 games ever made.

Good luck!

#25 11 years ago

Plastic set is not available. Sling plastics are not available.

#26 11 years ago

I just purchased a set of sling plastics from pinballcenter.eu the same site that is selling those illuminated score/instruction cards. The sling plastics look good and are made of good quality. A hellofalot better than my busted chipped slings that were on this game.

#27 11 years ago

I say go for it, but is it local? I have a strict rule to see if first or take a photo of quality not with your cheap ass cell phone. if you want my to buy your pin. those photos you sent stunk, I wouldn't buy with that quality photo.

as posted make sure its not thrashed - this game is one where you need it working and flowing to love it - otherwise its a waste.

#28 11 years ago

This is ending another Ebay auction in a couple of hours with no bids at $1000. I have seen and played this machine and there were a couple of non working components (2nd ball lock I think was one problem area). The upper playfield has some kind of repair where it is just black, but the ball moved over it fine. I believe the magna save area was a little warped. There are a handful of plastics that are just painted red to look close to what should be there, but they are obviously not original. All of that said, the back glass looks great, the game plays fairly well and $1200 leaves you some room to fix the problems with this game. I was tempted at the $1400 when I saw it in person, but it wasn't quite right for me.

#29 11 years ago

And just FYI, it completed an auction with a buyer at $1425 and that must have fallen through as it is back up for sale. What did he/she see that made him/her back out of the sale?

#30 11 years ago

Thanks for all the info! I am really up in the air on this one! I wouldnt mind fixing it up but as I have never played black knight before I'm just not sure if its worth it.

#31 11 years ago

then dont buy it.. you just had like 20 people tell you its awesome, seriously there is a reason this is still on route today.

and if you haven't ever used virtual pin, suggest you spend the time to go download this and any other machines you have never played.. its going to give you a feel of the rules and game play Bk2K is replicated very well in virtual pin. and its FREE!

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

This is ending another Ebay auction in a couple of hours with no bids at $1000. I have seen and played this machine and there were a couple of non working components (2nd ball lock I think was one problem area). The upper playfield has some kind of repair where it is just black, but the ball moved over it fine. I believe the magna save area was a little warped. There are a handful of plastics that are just painted red to look close to what should be there, but they are obviously not original. All of that said, the back glass looks great, the game plays fairly well and $1200 leaves you some room to fix the problems with this game. I was tempted at the $1400 when I saw it in person, but it wasn't quite right for me.

You know more about pinball than I thought..=)

#33 11 years ago

Its a fun pin, I dont see how you could go wrong. The pin was so good it merited this sequel. Get it! I paid over 2500 for the one I got from The Banker

Black_Knight_2000_left_side.JPGBlack_Knight_2000_left_side.JPG

#34 11 years ago

The last 3 eBay transactions were 1700, 1625, 1600.

I think 1200 is a no-brainer

#35 11 years ago

Hell yeah that's a good deal!

#36 11 years ago

Well I think I'm going to pick it up! Fix it up some! Should be a fun project!

#37 11 years ago

I checked it out last month and passed on it. It had a ton of errors and most of the lights didn't work. The errors alone put me off it. It was really beat up and looked like it would take a lot to get it back to where it needs to be. If you really want a serious project then get it. Also, if you haven't played either of the black knights, as others have said it is unique. I prefer more traditional long ramp shots. BK2000 is has more quick short shots. I did pick up HS2 from the same guy and it needed a lot more work than they stated, but after a month and $400 in parts it was still a deal. Just my 2 cents.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

You know more about pinball than I thought..=)

Have you been trying to take advantage of me? lol...I am a quick study

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 39.99
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,500 (OBO)
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-2000-1200-a-good-deal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.