• Latest reply 4 years ago by DJThinK
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

144D7C03-FB7E-43E5-BFFE-1E0ADB3A6D28 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

I own a bk that was working fine ( except for weak flippers ). Now the game will come on and go into attract mode with speech. Game is set on free play. When I push credit button.....nothing, dead. I checked all the fuses, all good. I ran cpu test 0 and 2 lights, also good. I checked for power at the credit switch, no power at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Phil

#2 4 years ago

Do you mean the start button, or is there a credit button wired in?

#3 4 years ago

BK won't start a game unless all three balls can be seen. Where are the balls currently? Go into the switch test and make sure all three lower trough switches are working, and make sure all three upper lock switches are working. At least one ball needs to be in the lower trough to start, and the other two can be up or down.

#4 4 years ago

Credit/start button on front of cabinet ( upper left hand side ). I will check trough switches and upper locks. I did the function #2 test , the kick out in the trough and kick out in the upper lock both work. How do you test the switches? I tried function #3 test....all I got was the same noise from each number.
Thanks again

#5 4 years ago

Also double check that max credits are still set to zero for freeplay. If batteries were changed or went dead you may of lost the settings. Happened to me - er i mean a friend once...

#6 4 years ago

Does anybody know how to test the trough lane switches and the upper ball lock lane switches?? Also, if I blew a capacitor would that inhibit power going to the start/credit switch?
I am new at all this, but trying to learn on the fly. Thanks

#7 4 years ago

The instruction manual is on IPDB.org.

https://www.ipdb.org/files/310/Williams_1980_Black_Knight_English_Manual_with_paginated_schematics.pdf

You need to learn how to run the switch and coil tests. It's confusing the first few times, but you'll get it.

Which capacitor did you blow? Make sure you are specific when asking questions like these.

I doubt that a bad capacitor would be the culprit on starting a game though. 99% of the time it is a trough switch.

#8 4 years ago

This is helpful as well.

#9 4 years ago

Finally tracked it down , doing the switch test. Switch #41 upper lock. It is still tough to get the switch just right though....Hopefully I will get it working soon.

Thanks for everyone's help! I really like that everybody on this site is so willing to
help. Also when I can, I will put pics up of my Wizard, Black Knight, and just recently purchased Monster Bash Remake LE. Cheers!

#10 4 years ago

I am experiencing the same trouble w/ BK. Won’t start, as in the start button. Game is on free play. Switch test shows Outhole #20 not working. Flippers only work during diagnostic, but can’t start a game. Top left score says 2500 3, instead of 2500 4. (See pics) Game worked about a year ago for about a year or so. Miss it. I’m fairly inexperienced at maintenance. Help.

144D7C03-FB7E-43E5-BFFE-1E0ADB3A6D28 (resized).jpeg144D7C03-FB7E-43E5-BFFE-1E0ADB3A6D28 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,059.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-1980-will-not-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.