Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by airmech
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

This machine will not do anything at except turn on... Lights come on but start button does nothing and operators buttons do nothing as well..... Please help any input is welcomed!!

#2 6 years ago

Do the displays come on? Is this a new problem?

#3 6 years ago

You've opened a can of worms, my friend. Those early ss Williams have lots of things that can make them not play or boot. I know, I had a BK that took a lot of work to get it going

But the best thing you can do is start a thread in the solid state repair forum as this is the EM (electro-mechanical, pre solid state) section.

#4 6 years ago

The display says 04 00 at the bottom and the others flash 25,000,000...... All I did was adjust the coin mech then close the door.. then no response even from the op buttons inside the coin door..... Absolutely no idea lol

#5 6 years ago

Sometimes you need to open and close the coin door and turn it off and on to get it to boot. It's in the manual some where.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from goochos:

Theres your manual. You need to turn it off and then on again.

Twice. With the coin door open if I remember correctly.

#8 6 years ago

Does the BK know that all 3 balls are in? Switches in the trough might have gotten hit.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sometimes you need to open and close the coin door and turn it off and on to get it to boot

And have good batteries installed, with no corrosion on the holder.

But either way, you should be able to press Advance inside the coin door to advance through the options. If you're getting stuff on the displays but Advance does nothing you've got another issue

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

And have good batteries installed, with no corrosion on the holder.
But either way, you should be able to press Advance inside the coin door to advance through the options. If you're getting stuff on the displays but Advance does nothing you've got another issue

Any idea what might be the issue here?

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainOddvious:

Any idea what might be the issue here?

Cant recommend much beyond making sure it's plugged in (1J4 on the MPU), and making sure the buttons are actually working (check continuity across the lugs when you press it). Could always be a board issue but those will be a bit complex to fix

#12 6 years ago

Not sure if this helps, but... My black Knight did this once... the 2.5 amp slo blo for the drop target resets was blown. Replaced it and all is well. It must have blown when I turned power on for some reason, because the last game I played the previous weekend before shutting it off had no problems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,059.00
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Tools
Pincoder Store

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-1980-help-me-please?hl=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.