Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by tallgrass
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

The local craigslist has a black knight advertised for a while and the seller says everything works. What problems should I look for if I buy this machine. Seller now says make an offer.

It is rated #39 on this forum, but YMMV when it comes to the fun factor. Just want some input from someone who is familiar with the pin.

Thanks Jay

#2 14 years ago

Just started a restoration of one myself, are you looking at the one in Washington or New Jersey? I assume NOT the one in Indianapolis, as that one looks very trashed.

Look for the backbox to be structurally sound, and the backglass in decent shape. Playfield condition is up to you of course, generally they are worn to some degree... after all they ARE 30 years old now.

The big issues to look for are scorched components on the power supply, though the GI connectors will almost always be burned to a degree (Bottom right on the power supply). Only use #47 replacement bulbs, instead of the original #44's, to help take the load off the GI circuit.

Check that there is no battery corrosion on the main board, it's a big plus if the batteries have already been relocated. There are some recommended updates to to do the whole power supply system, regardless of how well it performs, these are well documented on pinrepair.com (Black Knight is a System 7 game). Definitely read through this, as some are critical to do.

As far as playstyle, it's a fast game and target intensive. Sure there are three "ramps", but it's definitely different than what you've got in your collection already. Think of it more like a hybrid of 70's drop-target mania, with a lot more speed, early 80's arcade type sounds, and a brutal multiball.

Personally, I think the playfield (when in good shape) is one of the best looking of any era. But mine isn't playable just yet.

-Hans

#3 14 years ago

Have BK myself,You definatly want upgrade to the latest game rom.Fun game try to keep the ball on the upper level and lock the balls for multi-ball!

#4 14 years ago

Actually this one is in KS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.