You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

black_Hole_003.JPG
black_Hole_002.JPG
black_Hole_001.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Working on a black hole and checking to see if wiring is correct. There is a transistor up between the right flippers and ball though. One red wire is going to flipper coil and another is going to ball though coil. Is this correct? Can someone take pictures from their machine? My problem is I have no flippers and targets are not going up when game is started. Q relay is not activating when game gets turned on. Hopefully picturs show wires.

Thanks,
Darin

black_Hole_001.JPGblack_Hole_001.JPG black_Hole_002.JPGblack_Hole_002.JPG black_Hole_003.JPGblack_Hole_003.JPG

#2 11 years ago

Not having the Q relay energize probably isn't related to the wire issue above. Let's correct this problem you posted about before trying to troubleshoot the game. The red wire from the flipper to the transistor is a ground wire, someone might have replaced it. If you change the color to green, it would be correct though it's probably a factory jumper wire.

The added pull up resistor looks to be wired incorrectly. It should be between the 24VDC and the transistor, not between the transistor and coil. Remove the end from the coil lug and tie it to a 24VDC wire (red-red-red), easiest to find would be at a fuse block.

System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure

#3 11 years ago

Do you have a new interconnect cable from mpu to driver? Of you don't .. No reason to continue till you replace that (in addition to last post wire findings.. I just haven't flipped mine open for a ehile

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-wiring-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.