Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Yesh23
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Black Hole vs Space Shuttle”

• Black Hole 30 votes
      42%
    • Space Shuttle 38 votes
      54%
    • Other machine 3 votes
      4%

(71 votes)

#1 5 years ago

I am considering acquiring a "space theme" pinball. I have narrowed it down to Black Hole and Space Shuttle. However, I added the "other machine" in the poll as to have varying opinion. If yall think there's a better outer space theme pin, please inform me.

#2 5 years ago

Space Shuttle is fantastic and never gets old. Black Hole is fun as well but notoriously difficult to maintain for newbies.

#3 5 years ago

+1 for the Shuttle

#4 5 years ago

Both great games but Space Shuttle is considerably better...it's that good

#5 5 years ago

Space Shuttle by a country mile... or two. It's an all-time classic.

#6 5 years ago

Black Hole.... by a light year or two

#7 5 years ago

space shuttle!!! It was(still is) so good it literally saved the industry when it came out

#8 5 years ago

+2 for space shuttle.

#9 5 years ago

Just like in real life, Black Hole crushes space shuttle. Once you understand the building blocks of a good game while playing BH, it just rocks.

#10 5 years ago

Ok. I added the poll. Sorry it wasn't there before. Thread seems to be leaning toward Space Shuttle at this point, however.

#11 5 years ago

Shuttle

As someone pointed out, easier to maintain. Also cheaper. And faster. And better

However, there is an overpriced $6700 black hole listed on pinside. Seller will only charge $150 for palleting and wrapping too!

#12 5 years ago

Black Hole is the better game, more challenging to get multi-ball and a pretty backglass. Once you do the system80 mods, the game is reliable.

#13 5 years ago

Shuttle..... not only for the gameplay & multiball, but for those awesome 80's electronic sounds. I'd love to have one in my lineup, just to hear the bonus countdown sequence.

#14 5 years ago

Both are great games.
    Shuttle operates very similarly to your Gorgar. Black Hole is a whole different can of worms if something goes wrong.
    Play both again, if you can, and figure out which one you like better.
    Don't listen to us idiots.

#15 5 years ago

Space Shuttle is a terrific game that's maybe a bit too easy. Black Hole is a terrific game that's maybe a bit too hard. For looks, Black Hole. For maintenance, Space Shuttle.

I think I'd get a Black Hole and save up for a Space Shuttle for another day.

#16 5 years ago

Both fun games but I vote space shuttle.

#17 5 years ago

Once you understand the rule set on Black Hole...it’ll let you in but never let you leave! More difficult to maintain than Shuttle, but if you can learn to maintain a system 80 Gottlieb you can learn to fix anything. Make sure to read up on installing the grounding mod if it doesn’t already have one and the necessary edge connector mods.

Black Hole doesn’t come up for sale that often, but Space Shuttles are always being put up for sale due to there being so many more made than Black Hole. I’d buy the Black Hole and if you lose interest it’ll be easy to sell and even easier to find s Shuttle

#18 5 years ago

My Gorgar is lonely and needs a buddy. All compelling opinions so far. Decisions, decisions.

#19 5 years ago

I have a Black Hole. Haven’t had to do a thing to it in about 3 years. No reliability issues here at all. I much prefer it over the Space Shuttle at our co-op. Shuttle is fun too, but nowhere as much as BH. The satisfaction of starting that multiball, split field play while in multiball, getting your G Forces lit, the voice taunting of “Reentry attempt has failed” etc. Just no contest in my book.

#20 5 years ago

Both fun games, have you considered Space Station? Condition Green is lots of fun.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Space Shuttle is a terrific game that's maybe a bit too easy. Black Hole is a terrific game that's maybe a bit too hard. For looks, Black Hole. For maintenance, Space Shuttle.
    I think I'd get a Black Hole and save up for a Space Shuttle for another day.

Couldn't have summed it up any better!

#22 5 years ago

I would recommend space station.

#23 5 years ago

Another vote for space shuttle here.

#24 5 years ago

#Blackout but if you must space shuttle

#25 5 years ago

Love the 80s space themed pins. MustangPaul and mainelycoasters beat me to the punch. Have you considered Space Station? I’m not sure about Space Shuttle, but I have both Space Station and Black Hole. I think Space Station should be considered.

#26 5 years ago

Buy one. Play it for a while. Sell it local. Buy another local if you can.

I love Black Hole

#27 5 years ago

Bottom line is there are a lot of great space themed games all worthy of ownership. Meteor, Stars, Space Shuttle, Space Station, Black Hole, Blackout, Pinbot, hell even Nine Ball is a space theme. All these games are fun and offer different things. Space Shuttle is a part of pinball history with a fun 2 or 3 ball multiball and drop targets that control the spinner value, which is the primary reason for this game's replayability. It's just so much fun to try and Max that spinner. Not an easy thing to do, I might add. Just see what is out there and make your decision then, it's best not only focus on finding one game, keep your options open. Have fun and keep flipping!

#28 5 years ago

I'll definitely have to reconsider. Pinbot is great also and I have yet to play Space Station.

#29 5 years ago

Which one is more of a PITA to move?

I like the idea of getting BHole, as they tend to come up less often. That being said, I wouldn't overpay because of that.

#30 5 years ago

BH will definitely be tougher to move. In addition to being a widebody, it's one heavy machine. Still, I'd choose it over SS any day of the week

#31 5 years ago

I love both games so im.not voting.

2 weeks later
    #32 5 years ago

I own a SS and a Sorcerer. Two great sys9 machines.
    I have always wanted a BH. Its sound and lower pf are so well done.
    I currently own an amazing spiderman
    Mars god of war and Counter force.

Heavy as hell like BH.

To me they are both keepers never get sick of them. If i chose one it would be BH because it has more depth.

1 month later
    #33 5 years ago

Update: Even though my poll put BH vs SS I did also put Other. Oddly enough, I saw some posts for Space Station. And that's the one I'm going with after much research and youtube watching. Picking up my Space Station this weekend. Cant wait. Thanks to everyone who commented or even just read the thread. Happy Pinballin'!

#34 5 years ago

I've owned all three a few times (BH, SS and ST). Space Station in my opinion is a distant 3rd to the other two.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-vs-space-shuttle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.