(Topic ID: 296610)

FIXED: Black Hole: Stuck on freeplay?

By knockerlover

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Bought another black hole today, that I can’t figure out how to get off free play.

Previous owner had installed a double stack switch behind the start button.. one switch for start and another one stacked for coin, that tapped into the right coin mech. I replaced it with an original single switch for the start button circuit only.

When hitting the start button with nothing on the credits display it still starts as many games as you want for free.

When I trigger any of the credit switches, it makes a credit sound but never puts a credit on the apron display.

The apron credit display works, I can add service credits and the display will light and increment credits with each service button press.

The diode board jumper is not present, and the roms appear to be originals.

Any other ideas how to get this game off free play?

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Bought another black hole today, that I can’t figure out how to get off free play.
Previous owner had installed a double stack switch behind the start button.. one switch for start and another one stacked for coin, that tapped into the right coin mech. I replaced it with an original single switch for the start button circuit only.
When hitting the start button with nothing on the credits display it still starts as many games as you want for free.
When I trigger any of the credit switches, it makes a credit sound but never puts a credit on the apron display.
The apron credit display works, I can add service credits and the display will light and increment credits with each service button press.
The diode board jumper is not present, and the roms appear to be originals.
Any other ideas how to get this game off free play?

Turns out the legacy stacked switch just piled up a bunch of credits.

The credit display was off (switch 28 on the MPU). Once this was on I could see 24 credits were still on the game making it look like freeplay.

Service credits must be a separate cpu construct..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-stuck-on-freeplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.