Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Alright guys. I got Everything almost working here. The machine functions and plays properly through each game. I've replaced most of the boards (not sound boards) and harness connectors at this point.
HOWEVER, I don't have the attraction sounds, the game track sounds on upper level, and game track + sounds on lower level return.
Anyone have any ideas?
Rebuild/hack sound board or sound power supply board?
I'm sooooo cloooooosssee!!! @___@

-Thanks guys

#2 6 years ago

Do you have speech? have you verified all 5 sound signals are reaching the sound board?

#3 6 years ago

Hey,

Thanks for the reach out.
Can ya tell me the procedure for testing?
Type / multimeter settings / numbers to look for?

Thanks!

#4 6 years ago

See http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80#Sound_problems for a description of how the sound signals travel. Basically you want to look for pulses on the 5 sound select lines (S1, 2,4,8,16) as they come into the sound board on the edge connector (check the schematics for which exact pins they are). Between the different sounds and speech triggered by the different switches on the playfield you should be able to get all five lines to pulse. If any line isn't making it you'll be missing sounds, or getting the wrong sounds. I find it easiest to check with a logic probe, but you might be able to sense it with a dmm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-sound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.