(Topic ID: 197134)

Black Hole rubber locations (lower playfield)

By mbwalker

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mbwalker
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20170902-200631 (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

Need a little help from the Black Hole community. I've been restoring a BH for probably a little over a year now. Obviously, going slow but learning a lot on the way. BH was the first pin, but in the past year three other different pins have also been added to the growing 'stable'.

One thing I didn't have to learn was to take photos of everything when doing a restore Hundreds of pictures before doing anything, and then taking a boat load more of whatever small section I decided to tackle that week. Some areas had some problems from the start, and while I took photo's anyway - one section that was lacking was the lower playfield rubber locations. And numerous google searches just didn't yield anything useful. Everything out there seem to have the plastics installed (hiding the rubber locations), or the playfield was already in a state of disassembly with the rubber removed. Even the new rubber kit didn't show the rubber locations, just the sizes. The Gottlieb part manual didn't even help.

So quick question: Anyone have have a picture or guide for the rubber locations?

Thanks ahead of time!
    Mark

#2 6 years ago

Maybe this will help?

Did you check the black hole club thread?

Screenshot_20170902-200631 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170902-200631 (resized).png

#3 6 years ago

Thanks zacaj,

I have that page from the parts manual, but I never noticed I might go from p/n to ring size, duh - so that's a good start with a little leg work on my end. I searched the forums extensively (and google), but I admit - the wrong search terms can lead you down the wrong path, or even no path. Thanks for your help, it is appreciated.

Being a newb, I have learned a lot, but still occasionally (often) need help on my end. I'm a EE, so the electrical/electronics is usually not a problem, plenty of info on the web for all my machines. Plus I usually buy the manual if I don't have one. More often than not tho, I'm fixing other peoples mechanical repairs. That's OK, I assume everyone's been thru that scenario. It's a hobby and learning experience all wrapped into one. Mechanical - sometimes I'm at the mercy of google searches tho and people's generosity of prior experience really helps. No reason to 'reinvent the wheel'.

I tend to go slow and just work on small sections. Taking all apart at once would result in something that would never get put together correctly. But the rubber threw me for a minor roadblock. So slow is good. Time spent ...well, not so good. LOL. Some mice decided the BH would make a good 'hotel' for the winter in a barn. So I have been meticulously cleaning metal and whatever I can do with the wood parts the last year.

Much appreciated!
    Mark

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-rubber-locations-lower-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.