By SgtPin18

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pops (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frenchmarky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from SgtPin18:

My new black hole is blowing the F10 fuse on gameplay then showing an SW06 bumper error.
I did manually move the pop bumpers prior to getting this error and noticed my upper center coil was slightly stiff, but still moveable. I also cleaned all the contacts of the switches after getting the error.
I do not believe any of the pop boards have been modified but I am curious if it is the board needing the upgrade or if I have an issue with a switch or coil.

Except the manual says F10 is for the right pop, not the upper center. Guess you could try switching the pop boards around for those two pops and see if the issue changes or moves but it could be a short in the pop coil too or problem with the coil's diode or it's the wrong coil.

#6 2 years ago

I know I had a problem putting the pinwiki recommended 2 & 1/2 amp fuse in the lower tube kicker but it blew after a few weeks so I upped it to 4a. It uses about the same coil as the pops. Not suggesting you do this to the pop coil, just saying that if your coil has a partial short in the windings it could cause the correct fuse to blow. Especially since yours works for a while and then blows.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frenchmarky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-pop-bumper-sw-06-bumper-error?tu=frenchmarky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.