(Topic ID: 317900)

black hole pinball project help (cabinet repair)

By Matthew2015

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4190 (resized).jpg
IMG_4191 (resized).jpg
IMG_4180 (resized).jpg
IMG_4178 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matthew2015.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

i am starting a on a black hole pinball i was about to put the legs on but i think this bottom corner does not look stable enough to put the leg on since part of its chipped off . is there anything i can do to fill the hole or reinforce it?

IMG_4178 (resized).jpgIMG_4178 (resized).jpgIMG_4180 (resized).jpgIMG_4180 (resized).jpg

#5 1 year ago

i would feel better repairing then taking a chance . i will look more into vids restoration guides .

#7 1 year ago

which kind of j-b weld ? ClearWeld or KwikWood? something that would be easy to fill that hole.

#11 1 year ago

i did look in the cabinet and the glue block corner holding the leg looks good . yes i can see now what holds up the leg. but i will still get that spot filled in in case it chips off more. the chip is not visible with the leg but would still fix it , just in case it gets larger . waiting on some jb weld stuff to come so i will let you know how it turns out later.

1 week later
#12 1 year ago

i have just got done patching it. i used the quikwood putty and let dry for a day or so until it got hard , and then painted it and also touched up the rest of spots as close as i could to the original blue under the leg. even though its not seen because of the leg that goes over it , i thought it would make good practice for touching up other spots that would be more visible. but it turned out not too bad for the first time though.

IMG_4190 (resized).jpgIMG_4190 (resized).jpgIMG_4191 (resized).jpgIMG_4191 (resized).jpg
#14 1 year ago

i did sand it some , but it does looks like i need to sand it a bit more after looking at the close ups.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matthew2015.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-pinball-leg-corner-?tu=matthew2015 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.