Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flipper coil installed.jpg
P1010013.JPG
CREE cool white LED side view.JPG
tn[8].jpg
P1010006.JPG
IMAG2716.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Slinger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Making a trade and I get to choose between these two machines and I keep going back and forth. Both are player quality machines and will require some work to get up to speed, but that seems to be about the same for both. Really looking for the one that is the most fun for repeated play as my collection is small. Okay....go!!!

#5 10 years ago

I am. It is a cool game, but I've been playing it for 2 years and ready to move on. Trading it to Methos for his Flash Gordon and 1 of these two. Building the herd.

#33 10 years ago

Thanks all! The decision has been made and going with the Black Hole with the trade this weekend. I'll likely be starting the ground mods next week and I'm sure I'll have questions.

#47 10 years ago

Thanks pinster!!! Fired up. Today is the day. Poor Methos is going to have to help navigate my stairs 3 times.

#56 10 years ago

So, the Black Hole is now in my basement and I have a physics problem. I had no idea how big this machine was when compared to standard size machines and that the playfield stands up perpendicular to the ground when you work on it. I don't have enough clearance in my basement to open the playfield all the way to work on it. The couple times I've had it open, I've had to support it the whole time with one hand, which isn't very conducive to getting anything meaningful done. I've thought about working up a support stand, but it is very heavy and I would hate to have it give way, especially with my hands in it. Anyone dealt with this or have any ideas?

#64 10 years ago

Yeah...I know....Gorgar would have fit. Any machine that didn't need you to raise the playfield that far would have fit. Learning experience.

Bottom of the rafters in my unfinished basement are at 7'0" and 7'9" to the ceiling. The BH playfield when completely raised is at about 7'4". It would fit if I could raise the playfield and then move the entire cabinet about 6" inches to deal with the swing. Anybody who has moved a Black Hole knows that isn't going to happen with one hand.

I've come up with a new plan that involves putting an eye bolt in the rafter and then having a chain that will then connect to the lock down bar slot at the top of the playfield. Should work with a little rigging to be able to bring the playfield up to almost full height and leave it there. I'll take pictures when I'm done to show you what I mean.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Slinger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-or-gorgar?tu=Slinger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.