Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by KenH
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frenchmarky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 1 year ago

In 25 years I don't remember a 313 ever burning out on my BH. A few were getting a little blackened, so I picked up a couple of boxes, still available for about 6 bucks a box. 44s down there would not be bright enough for me especially with the tinted pf window, they are only about 1/4 the candlepower of a 313 so IMO that 6V conversion definitely calls for super bright LEDs if you do it. There are also LED 313 equivalents available for about a buck fifty that you can just pop right in but don't know if the brightness is equivalent to a 313.

#8 1 year ago

<<I used to be a 'better dead than led' guy but I also always said when they got close enough to regular bulbs I'd switch.>>

I've always stuck with 44s for GI (and only LED an insert here and there for special cases like really dark ones) but BH is the only game where I changed all the GI lamps to LEDs - 2X-bright warm whites. Except I kept the good ol' blinker lamps behind the spinning disc. The pf and backglass are so darn dark especially given the super-dark plastics, I thought it needed the boost.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frenchmarky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-light-bulb-placements?tu=frenchmarky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.