Black Hole issues Lower playfield

By mainelycoasters

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Ok I am at my wits end with the manual and trying to trace the wonderful Fruit Stripes wire code around.
My main issue is when the ball enters the lower pf I hear the correct sound, but the flippers on the lower side do not come on, I am thinking one of the Relays should swap it maybe L? This machine has not run in a very long time and I am very close to having it going for my annual Project Pinball tourney. I really would love to have it going and soon.

one more question, with the Pascal board in it, should the gate for re entry open and close in attract mode? my cycles back and forth. The game starts up and plays great other then not being able to use the lower playfield. everything up top is working fine and all lower coils I hear fire.

#2 6 years ago

Gate should cycle. Do the lights come on on the lower playfield? The L relay controls both the flippers and lights.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Gate should cycle. Do the lights come on on the lower playfield? The L relay controls both the flippers and lights.

Zacaj is right. The gate even with pascal board will cycle back and forth. I have original and pascal board, both do.

Check that relay zacaj mentioned and let us know!

#4 6 years ago

Just had a similar issue, and a simple fix. Needed to clean and adjust the rollover switch that the ball passes over on the way to the lower field.
You've got some sounds, do the lower lights come on too?

#5 6 years ago

just noticed GI fuse is blown...so not sure if lower pf lights are on that but have no got more digging to do. has a dead short in the gi somewhere as well turn on and blows that fuse right away.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

just noticed GI fuse is blown...so not sure if lower pf lights are on that but have no got more digging to do. has a dead short in the gi somewhere as well turn on and blows that fuse right away.

The lower playfield lights are 24V, not gi, unless they've been changed...

#7 6 years ago

I did the pinwiki mod to make them use the 44 bulbs they do turn on when I push the l relay....I am going to play with it more....this is the trouble of getting 28 machines ready for a tourny on the 30th....might kick black hole project aside for a bit and focus on the others.

#8 6 years ago

I am thinking L relay is not being triggered....is there a way to power up the flipper circut so I can test it by moving the l relay by hand. I do see the lamps come on when I do this.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

I am thinking L relay is not being triggered....is there a way to power up the flipper circut so I can test it by moving the l relay by hand. I do see the lamps come on when I do this.

And the lamps don't come on in game?

#10 6 years ago

coil on l is open, changing it out tonight and will update after. found the short in the GI. Progress....and fingers crossed

#11 6 years ago

Lowerplayfield works mint now. Still chasing a short in the upper pf GI circut. time to pull all the bulbs ect....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-issues-lower-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.