Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinmike
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Need help fellow pinsiders! I just bought a black hole, totally shopped it new LEDs and 40 hrs of stripping wax off playfield. She was working great until I put it all back together. Now when I play more than one player it starts acting funny! It seems that playing anymore than one player causes it to radomly lock up. Once the ball is loaded for another player the display will change to the wrong player and stop scoring any points. It also will load more than one ball into the shooter lane. Almost like it dosent know which ball and player go together. No ground mods have been done as of yet which I assume could be one of my issues but it seems weird that this all started after the shop job. Any help would be greatly appreciated

#2 5 years ago

Sounds like it might be a stuck or mis-adjusted switch somewhere, possibly in the ball trough under the apron. Tough call! The fact that it worked ok before shopping it out leads me to think it's probably not a board problem, but that's still hard to say for sure at this point.

Good luck!

#3 5 years ago

Yes it does sound like a switch problem.Did you replace any switches?My best guess at this point is a mashed/faulty diode on one of the switches in the ball though area or a switch that is locked in the activate position meaning being pressed down.

#4 5 years ago

Is this your first Gottlieb? They are a different beast. Not saying that is a bad thing - just different. I have seen some strange issues on System 80 stuff. My first guess is what is already been mentioned (diode or switch issues). The cable that runs between the MPU and driver board is critical. Bad pins will cause all sorts of issues. Most of the Gottlieb grounding issues are caused by weak / bad pins. I also seem to remember Black Hole not being 100% LED capable. I would have got it 100% functional before changing over to LEDs. Baby steps are needed when install LEDs on these. That way you can correct issues caused by LEDs as you go.

#5 5 years ago

Thanks for all the help guys! It was in fact the ball switch under the apron. It was bent up when I was cleaning that area. A simple slight bend in the wire and she’s back in action!!!

#6 5 years ago

Awesome! Glad you found it and thanks for posting that you fixed it

#7 5 years ago

Glad to hear she is up and running smoothly again Black Hole is a awesome game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-issues-1?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.