Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by tdddddd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

This is not my video, but is EXACTLY what my game is doing.

Basically, earn multiball by shooting the lower playfield and it immediately starts repeating a horrible tune. Then drain lower playfield balls and neither will activate the VUK and the game just gets stuck there.

My machine is running Ni-Wumpf CPU and Driver boards as well as a Great Plains Power Supply board. Game plays 100% correctly until multiball, including the VUK working and the lower playfield working as it should.

I'd have noticed this problem a long time ago if it didn't take me 100 games to get multiball just once.

#2 7 years ago

Does this happen any time the ball goes into the lower playfield, or just when you have balls locked for multiball?

#3 7 years ago

Only when starting multiball. I played a lot of games before getting multiball and it worked fine with just one ball down there- kicked it back up...everything was normal until multiball.

#4 7 years ago

Mind locks up when I drain two balls simultaneously, if there's more than two seconds in between them it plays fine.

#5 7 years ago

do you have the wireform that gates the balls going to tube kicker? Mine was missing and would lockup during multiball if both balls drained before a single switch was closed on the lower playfield. It did make the game more challenging, but the lockups were annoying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-frozen-on-multiball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.