• Latest reply 7 years ago by StratDoc
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg

#1 7 years ago

I posted this under tech, early ss, but throught I would post here as well.

My f6 fuse keeps blowing as soon as I start the machine. It appears to control the upper playfield GI since that is not working. I have checked for shorts in the light sockets,,wiring, etc and re-slider some bad joints but it still,is blowing. If I disconnect the plug on the bottom of machines that connects to the upper playfield it does not blow. Attached is a picture of the non-controlled illumination schematic with an arrow pointing to the offending fuse.

Thanks,

Robert

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

what's the resistance between the two GI lines?

#3 7 years ago

How would I test that? I have meter but not sure where to connect the wires.

Here is an update -
I traced the black/blue/blue color wire from f6 fuse to the playfield. It had one of those multi-switches on the other end - plastic piece that operates multiple switches. It needed adjusting. I did that and reinstalled the fuse and it did not blow immediately. No GI on the playfield and fuse blows after a few minutes.

I removed all of the GI on the playfield, put in the fuse and it did not blow. I added each GI light back one at a time and checked the fuse after each time. All lights replaced, the fuse did not blow but I still do not have GI on the top playfield. Started a game, fuse did not blow still no GI on upper playfield.
Thoughts? And thank you for bearing with a pinball noob, but I am enjoying leaning from you all.

#4 7 years ago

Failed again. Stumped.

#5 7 years ago

I assume that plastic thing was the T relay? are you sure that the switch on it that the GI goes through is closed when the lights should be on? Try measuring the AC voltage at the GI busses, then on the other side of the T relay, and on the other side of the fuse

#6 7 years ago

Yes, I believe it is the T relay. it has four switches. The switch connected to the f6 fuse wore appeared open before adjusting it. The other three switches were closed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-f6-fuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.