Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180416_170817_resized (resized).jpg
DIPS (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Having a problem here. Cant seem to figure out my dipswitch settings. manual has on/off but i do not know which way is "on"

#2 2 years ago

If there's no markings, you can take the board out and do a continuity test between the two pins of one of the switches to find out which way is which

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from tonytenace1974:

Having a problem here. Cant seem to figure out my dipswitch settings. manual has on/off but i do not know which way is "on"

Post an image from the dipswitches please....

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from tonytenace1974:

Near the DIPs, you have a diodes raw and connectors A1J5 & A1J6.
The OFF position is the diode/connector side.
The ON position is the opposite side.

This should be explicit :
DIPS (resized).jpg

Note that the DIPs positions on this picture are only for figuration, and not suitable for your BH.

#5 2 years ago

And if you change a setting to on and it doesn't do anything. You may need to wiggle and spray with contact cleaner.

I remember as a super new owner switching a setting to on but it didn't change anything as it should, I didn't realize. So for several years I was never awarded an extra ball. Don't let those DIPs cheat you.

#6 2 years ago

Here's more info and details on dip switches for black hole
http://stevekulpa.net/pinball/bh_dips.htm

#7 2 years ago

Also, please keep in mind that these switch banks break all the time. If changing the setting does not have the desired effect you likely have a bad bank of switches. This can be verified with a multimeter. A lot off people like to flip them on and off a few times to get a good connection. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

3 weeks later
#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Post an image from the dipswitches please....

Here you go. My switches say "open" on the bottom. So I'm guessing that #1-4 are off?

20180416_170817_resized (resized).jpg

#9 1 year ago

YES !
Your DIPs 1..4 are OFF, DIPs 5..8 are ON.

Your current configuration :

Coins/credits :
- Left chute : 1 coin give 1 credit
- Right chute : 3 coins give 1 credit
- Center chute : 1 coin give 1 credit
but as DIP 14 is ON, the left and right chute are the same (1 coin give one credit, config for right chute is ignored)
Maximum credits is 8 (DIP 15 and 16 are OFF)

3 Balls per game (DIP 17 is ON).

Match feature is active (DIP 18 is ON).

No replay limit (DIP 19 is OFF).

NOVELTY MODE is ON !!! (DIP 20 is ON).
--> er, this is something strange... usualy, the NOVELTY mode should be disabled. Because, in this mode you never win a credit, but only points (and multiple knockers). This disable the extra_ball/special features.
So, many others DIP settings are ignored (like high scores, extra-balls and special).

#10 1 year ago

great, thanks!!

Quoted from noflip95:

YES !
Your DIPs 1..4 are OFF, DIPs 5..8 are ON.
Your current configuration :
Coins/credits :
- Left chute : 1 coin give 1 credit
- Right chute : 3 coins give 1 credit
- Center chute : 1 coin give 1 credit
but as DIP 14 is ON, the left and right chute are the same (1 coin give one credit, config for right chute is ignored)
Maximum credits is 8 (DIP 15 and 16 are OFF)
3 Balls per game (DIP 17 is ON).
Match feature is active (DIP 18 is ON).
No replay limit (DIP 19 is OFF).
NOVELTY MODE is ON !!! (DIP 20 is ON).
--> er, this is something strange... usualy, the NOVELTY mode should be disabled. Because, in this mode you never win a credit, but only points (and multiple knockers). This disable the extra_ball/special features.
So, many others DIP settings are ignored (like high scores, extra-balls and special).

#11 1 year ago

The Game is 100% playable!!! thanks for all of your help. Only thing that doesn't work is the motor for the black hole wheel in the upper section. Anyone know what size that allen key is? Looks like i need one about 18" long. Motor works but its stripped. A common problem for these units.

#12 1 year ago

It is easy to get access to the allen. Just remove the spinning disc. It is held on with 2 screws. You're probably going to ditch the stripped motor. The after market ones work much better.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 339.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 12.00
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 38.00
$ 9.95
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 10.00
Apparel - Unisex
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 36.99
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside